CEREAL'S - Mk VI Comprehensive WIP **(With Videos)**

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just so damn awesome, i want one a little too much xD if there are still some going please put me down :)

So Fresh & So Clean:

i just keeping looking back over all of your stuff and cant get over how nice it look, so very clean and even its amazing the work you do
hope after i finish my first suit i can take my time with my second and make it half as good as what your product comes out to be
youre an inspiration :D

Dibs! I totally call dibs!

Lol, Done and Done!

This is just so damn awesome, i want one a little too much xD if there are still some going please put me down :)

You're down!

So Fresh & So Clean:

i just keeping looking back over all of your stuff and cant get over how nice it look, so very clean and even its amazing the work you do
hope after i finish my first suit i can take my time with my second and make it half as good as what your product comes out to be
youre an inspiration :D

Thanks!
Just keep at it and I'm sure that everything will turn out great!

Ok everyone...
I've finally gotten off of my lazy butt and after a year of my XBOX 360 having the Red Ring Of Death I decided to open it up and repair it! ;)
My system is now working! :) :) Hmm.. should have done a video on how to repair it... lol

Anyways... If anyone is ever looking to play some Slayer in Reach, my gamer tag is: CEREAL KILLL3R

Cheers all!
Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pure level of awesome in this thread... no words can describe it. I want one of them helmets so badly, and the chest is coming along amazingly too. Fantastic job as usual.

I just watched your video on your first molding experience and I think you did a great job. Even though you said it's not really a tutorial, I still found it very helpful for helping me answer some basic questions on the "what would I need?" and "how do I start?" stuff. I hope you decided to do an in depth one for the chest. I think one thing the stickies are really missing are some good basic 'how-to' for molding and casting.

So the plus to the dragon skin is that you just rolled it over the cast to get if off huh? No cuts necessary at all?

I know how to do a solid cast, but I'm still trying to figure out how to do the type of hollow cast needed for a helmet, or to save material by not making it solid for other props and such. [sigh]
[EDIT]:Slush cast. Derp, answer right in front of my face. I don't know what I was thinking before.

Great work, and thanks for sharing!!

The pure level of awesome in this thread... no words can describe it. I want one of them helmets so badly, and the chest is coming along amazingly too. Fantastic job as usual.

Thanks man!
Very happy that you're enjoying the thread, even if its been slow going for the last few weeks.

I just watched your video on your first molding experience and I think you did a great job. Even though you said it's not really a tutorial, I still found it very helpful for helping me answer some basic questions on the "what would I need?" and "how do I start?" stuff. I hope you decided to do an in depth one for the chest. I think one thing the stickies are really missing are some good basic 'how-to' for molding and casting.

So the plus to the dragon skin is that you just rolled it over the cast to get if off huh? No cuts necessary at all?

I know how to do a solid cast, but I'm still trying to figure out how to do the type of hollow cast needed for a helmet, or to save material by not making it solid for other props and such. [sigh]
[EDIT]:Slush cast. Derp, answer right in front of my face. I don't know what I was thinking before.

Great work, and thanks for sharing!!

It's my pleasure to share!
Yes, there is no need to 'cut the dragon skin at all. Its great stuff, just need to ensure the overall mold is thick enough. Which can begin to get expensive, rather quickly!

Whoa, that helmet mold and cast came out very well.

Thank you!

Well...
It's been a little slow going in the 'update' department for the last few weeks... sorry all :(
But sometimes things need to be put on hold so other things can get done. That being said, there is an update coming this week that will complete the torso! As well as a couple new videos as well!

So, everyone keep thier pants on... progress is on its way! :)

Cheers,
Dave/Cereal.

I've been meaning to comment. Just been busy at work. Anyhoo, your mold and Casting came out beautiful. Brandon helped me with my molding questions too :) lol, I was frightened when I first tried to mold and honestly, your mold looks so much better than my cave man molds...lol. Great work Dave! You always impress!

I've been meaning to comment. Just been busy at work. Anyhoo, your mold and Casting came out beautiful. Brandon helped me with my molding questions too :) lol, I was frightened when I first tried to mold and honestly, your mold looks so much better than my cave man molds...lol. Great work Dave! You always impress!

Thanks a lot Tony!
Yes, I know what you mean about being busy. I haven't really had much time to work on the torso, yet every time I walk by the 90 degree garage I'd love nothing more than to get back in there! Yes, Brandon is the man! He's generous with his info a huge help! Believe me when I say how frightened I was when I actually started mixing my first batch of dragon skin! I share you're feeling on that one! But... as our minds do, they make a big deal out of everything and anything. Once the print layer was applied, I felt a whole lot better about the process :)

LMAO! Caveman molds... love it!
If there was something that I had experience with coming into this hobby, it was glassing and bondoing so I guess the mother mold came out looking nice and smooth. But when everything is said and done, as long as it works... who cares how pretty it is ;)

Thanks again Tony!
Cheers,
Dave.

Oh man, this is such an amazing build! Very educational from the get go. I may be alone in feeling this way, but this looks almost too epic for a person with no skill like myself to try to match. I've always been afraid of the bondo stage, because I have no idea and no skill on how to do it, and looking at this makes me feel like anything I try to make will never look as good. Regardless, the motivation is there to at least try. Very nice work, my friend! May I ask if you had any experience in working with bondo before this build?

I really enjoyed the video. It pretty much a sums up what this stuff is about and how much time it takes to get great results. Love the attention to detail and the overall look to the mother mold. It's good to see a shell that doesn't look like an weird blob. You handel yourself pretty well on camera too, looking forward to more videos and updates!

BAM!...
and that how you do that. :D

Awesome work on you're mold, 1st Casting looks epic. :cool

Thought I'd post what I've done with one of your beautiful casts.

578715_10150972931257984_1431804359_n.jpg

559165_10150972931382984_1336433364_n.jpg

425525_10150972931512984_1324392387_n.jpg

527370_10150972931627984_1487202833_n.jpg

UPDATE!

Hey everybody, just wanted to post an update so those who are interested will know what's up.

No, the thread/build isn't dead! Lol
I have been busy for the last month and a half finalizing a real estate deal and preparing to move. (Fun, fun!) The last week has been frantic as all of our things needed packing for the arrival of the movers, yesterday. Quite the expensive move as all our things are being moved 1350kms / 839Mi across from Ontario to New Brunswick.

However...
I just wanted everyone to know how difficult it has been to not be able to work on the build :(
And that the build as well as the videos will be back in to full swing in a couple of weeks or so, once everything is settled in at the new place!

Until then...
Happy building all!

Cheers,
Dave/Cereal.

Good luck on the move man :)
You should arrive at your new home in your helmet.... just sayin lol.
Best of luck and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back