~CHAINGUN OF DOOM WIP~ (Picture Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warbringer

People of the 405th I present the unfinished Jorge Chain gun. I am currently making this gun for my good friend Justin for Christmas, we recently made a trip to the local Game Stop and he sprung a fast one on me. We had gone in the store to look around, and he bought the Halo Reach Legendary edition for me totally catching me off guard. So I had to think fast, and this is the result.

I still need to do all the the detailing/bondo work, along with the handles, barrels, and side mounted ammo box. Hoping the weather is nice tomorrow so I can get started on the bondo work.

Tell me what you think, and if I should make any changes. :D

Completeness: 55%
Title: Jorge Chain gun.
Start date: 12/1/10
Current Hight: 5'
Current Weight: About 8lbs
Materials used: EVA foam, cardboard, and hot-glue.
Current cost: $25

Day: 1

D1.jpg

D01.jpg

D001.jpg

Day: 2

D2.jpg

D02.jpg

D002.jpg

D0002.jpg

D00002.jpg

Day: 3

D3.jpg

D03.jpg

D003.jpg

D0003.jpg

D00003.jpg

D000003.jpg

Attachments

• D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 355
  • D01.jpg
    D01.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 263
  • D001.jpg
    D001.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 247
  • D2.jpg
    D2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 268
  • D00002.jpg
    D00002.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 254
  • D0002.jpg
    D0002.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 267
  • D002.jpg
    D002.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 268
  • D02.jpg
    D02.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 264
  • D0003.jpg
    D0003.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 265
  • D003.jpg
    D003.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 249
  • D03.jpg
    D03.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 250
  • D3.jpg
    D3.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 265
  • D000003.jpg
    D000003.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 270
  • D00003.jpg
    D00003.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 258
WOW!!! I have to say, THAT IS SO AWESOME FOR SCRATCHBUILD!!!! Seems like we found another Scratchbuild master.

That is one awesome looking scratch built chain gun! One thing you can do to make it look cleaner is to sand the edges of the foam parts and maybe fill in the gaps with paper mache. Then, sand the paper mache and coat it with mod podge before painting. That is what I did to my UNSC trooper armor. Other than that, I'm sure your friend Justin will be blown away by your chain gun! :)

haha! This is great! I am seeing more and more people add EVA foam to their builds! But I am making mine out of cardboard!

Thank you so much everyone! Well the weather was great today and I was able to apply a good deal of bondo, and will be sanding it down tonight.

DETAIL!

I am hoping tho that I am off again tomorrow, and the weather is just as fine!

haha! This is great! I am seeing more and more people add EVA foam to their builds! But I am making mine out of cardboard!

The EVA foam is a great gap filler I used it mainly because, I didn't want to have to copy so many shapes to get my thickness cut down on time greatly. Plus, I love how when bondo is put on the foam its almost like a football helmet hardness. Bends but not too much. Oh, and its light!

That is one awesome looking scratch built chain gun! One thing you can do to make it look cleaner is to sand the edges of the foam parts and maybe fill in the gaps with paper mache. Then, sand the paper mache and coat it with mod podge before painting. That is what I did to my UNSC trooper armor. Other than that, I'm sure your friend Justin will be blown away by your chain gun! :)

Thank you for the tips! I haven't never tried my hand at paper mache, or the mod podge either, I will defiantly have to look into it in future builds.

HOLY!!!!! that is amazing man!!!! it is also amazing that you did that in 3 days!!!! very nice work man :O

its coming along awesome dude. glad to be working on it with you and really appreciate you making it for me. i am sooo stoked to see it finished. need to get some shots showing how big it is in comparison to one of us. its pretty well to scale with what Jorge's gun is. need to get this knocked out and get back to work on completing our first set of gear.

That guns looking Epic, the detail is awesome.

That foam is getting used a lot these days, i should buy some so i could actually build something for once lol.

Dude, that chaingun is looking killer!!

Your friend is going to be the next n64 kid or the blastoids kid!

By thw way, how did you take jorge off of his stand? Don't tell you broke him off of the statue's base!

-Pony

Dude, that chaingun is looking killer!!

Your friend is going to be the next n64 kid or the blastoids kid!

By thw way, how did you take jorge off of his stand? Don't tell you broke him off of the statue's base!

-Pony

OH GOD NO! Lol, its the Jorge McFarlin toy.

Sorry guys, and gals as of right now there are no update pictures I did get to slap some bondo on the gun before the temp droped to 30, and 40 degrees, nothing worthy of a picture tho. But we are working on a solution to the temp problem, first-up gazibo/windbreaker with heater. So expect some pics within the next week.

This is looking really cool so far. I like it. :p

That is definitely going to make one helluva gift! I think your friends mind might be blown away when he gets that! haha I know if somone made me some awesome Halo prop for christmas, I think I would have a seizure! LMAO

When he gets it, you will have to post his reaction, or maybe try and video record it! haha

_____________________________________________________________________________________
fXkq.gifUrJt.gif2tSa.gifoCRg.gifWJ8t.gif

Attachments

• UrJt.gif
    UrJt.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 2tSa.gif
    2tSa.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 256
  • oCRg.gif
    oCRg.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 271
  • WJ8t.gif
    WJ8t.gif
    468 bytes · Views: 250
  • fXkq.gif
    fXkq.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 255
I think he can be unscrewed from it.
i has a noble team statue on mah shelf with all mah halo stuff,
my legendary helmet, the better helmet i made, halo wars legendary stuff.
And a crapload of figures, with some actionclix figurines as filler,
oh, and an actionclix warthog. Wish i could afford the scarab.

What a chaingun of doom build! A very great use of materials and a masterful hand at work here! Get a heater so we can see some more awesome-sauce!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back