Chevysrule's 3D Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay! that's understandable as I have to balance school work and making a friend of mine's armor

It has been a few months since I asked Boba Fett how far he is with the unfold.

Yeah, yeah, excuses excuses. It's still getting worked on. I dumped it once accidentally when I wanted to delete you 4.0 version, but I axed a half-unfolded 4.5 version. I didn't see my error until after I emptied the recycle bin. oops. Then I lost over an hour's worth of work after I accidentally clicked on the "no" button when it prompted me to save (I have now taken to saving be clicking the "save" button. what a concept.) Plus my summer has been absolute crap, and school is not being kind to me. But I do have it currently about 60% unfolded, so I'll get my butt in gear and pull a little overtime to finish it. Honestly, I got so sick of it after the data loss that I put it down for well over a month. The part I didn;t anticipate was all the rivets... even the simplest rivets have 16 unfold lines in them, bigger ones have between 24 and 40 per rivet. Obviously, It grows very tedious. At worst, you will have a 100% unfolded and broken down model by October 1st. But I plan on having it done sooner. Sorry Chevy, and sorry for everyone who has been waiting so patiently. But believe me, take the extra time you have to get psyched for this build. Because it will take a bottle of glue, a package of cardstock, and a buttload of patience. Plus side-effects of raging insanity. Will keep ya updated.

Yeah, yeah, excuses excuses.
Looks like we both are nowhere near running short on those. :D But feel free to take your time, lol. And I have to admit it was fun, cause I was thinking the whole time, "Well if I add this little rivet or this other trivial detail, that would take a few minutes of my time but around an hour or so for whoever decides to pep it. Whatever, I'll just add every detail I can find, to mix things up a little and make the pepakura-ers' lives as difficult as possible." It's a bad joke, but it makes me feel all omnipotent, so yeah. If you want, this Christmas Break I can try to revise it and make a lower detail version. I could just filter out the epic and season it up with a little normalcy.

man all of this is all so good! how did you do it like that? i have blender and i am so confused with it and i don't know what to do, all the tutorials that i have seen weren't very helpful and how did you make an outline over the picture you pasted on the screen? i am so very confused :(

yeah man, I think you might have to. I'm trying to make it possible for the builder to actually be able to cut it out and assemble it without a milling flaps heading everywhere. I thought it could be unfolded, but it's starting to look like a CNC-only model. If you do, filter SOME of the epic out, primarily around the ammo counter, the butt of the rifle (right side, that structure there) and the barrel. Those are the biggest areas, and I think the're impossible to pep, much less cut out and score unless you own a laser cuter. I'm slowly trying to do it though, at the moment the butt area (except for that structure) is fully unfolded and arranged. Trying to go to the grip area now.

@chevy and boba fett: It sounds like this thing is shaping up to be quite the challenge. If you want any help with it at any time, let me know, and I'll see if I can take care of some of the problem areas.

Matt

The thing is, I'm so darn into ths unfold that I don;t want to edit the thing! I'd end up throwing 5-10+ hours of work right down the crapper... And needless to say, I don;t like that. but hey, if you have any ideas, let me know. I can send you my current unfold and you can take a look at it. PM me your email, my PM's are up and running.

man all of this is all so good! how did you do it like that? i have blender and i am so confused with it and i don't know what to do, all the tutorials that i have seen weren't very helpful and how did you make an outline over the picture you pasted on the screen? i am so very confused :(
I recommend you go here, it has everything you will ever need:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro
Or, for background images, etc., to answer your question, you could check out a tutorial I made a while back, and am now rehosting here:
http://www.4shared.com/document/vJ79AYPG/Blender_Tutorial_by_Chevysrule.html

@chevy and boba fett: It sounds like this thing is shaping up to be quite the challenge. If you want any help with it at any time, let me know, and I'll see if I can take care of some of the problem areas.

Matt
:D Okay. We will, if/when we need you. Thank you for the offer. (Apologies if my sentences sound condescending there. For some reason I can't work them into having positive connotation.)

The thing is, I'm so darn into ths unfold that I don;t want to edit the thing! I'd end up throwing 5-10+ hours of work right down the crapper... And needless to say, I don;t like that. but hey, if you have any ideas, let me know. I can send you my current unfold and you can take a look at it. PM me your email, my PM's are up and running.
Alright, I can work it into having less detail. Think you could e-mail me a list of the areas that are too problematic that need removal? I will PM you my e-mail right after this post. I don't know why I said Christmas Break in my other post, because I can have it reworked over a period of a few weeks here. December is when I will have enough free time to be able to put in a lot more work into 405th stuff than I do now.

Thats okay chevy, I know what you meant. I actually worked with boba fett and got the entire thing unfolded. I'm waiting on him to post whatever he did. We were able to get bevbor to break it down into individual sections, essentially making it easier to build, 8 sections I think. If you want me to post links to all of my unfolds, I certainly can, I just didn't want to step on bobafett's toes considering it was a team unfold and all. Let me know.

Thanks for the great work chevy!!

Matt

Thats okay chevy, I know what you meant. I actually worked with boba fett and got the entire thing unfolded. I'm waiting on him to post whatever he did. We were able to get bevbor to break it down into individual sections, essentially making it easier to build, 8 sections I think. If you want me to post links to all of my unfolds, I certainly can, I just didn't want to step on bobafett's toes considering it was a team unfold and all. Let me know.

Thanks for the great work chevy!!

Matt
Oh wow, that all sounds great! So much has happened since I last stopped by here. You don't necessarily have to post links or anything, unless you want to. I'm pretty curious to see how it turned out. You're welcome, and thanks to you, Boba Fett, and Bevbor, too!

New model released! My first attempt at a sliced weapon, the M6G ('C' Variant) Magnum from Halo 3. Slightly edited and shortened repost here from my other thread:
IMAG00301-1.jpg

IMAG00311-1.jpg

It has a movable trigger and slide whatchamacallit (I don't know the proper term), and removable magazine (just like all the others have, except the outer parts of my magazine are shaped improperly to allow for some other details.)

The model is available here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/DHXTN11t/M6G__C__Magnum.html
I used a scale of around 258 mm wide, which was a little short from the in-game size, and it fits me perfectly. Note that if any of you do decide to build this, there will be open areas requiring custom-cut card stock to close the gap, unless you want there to be a big opening in the handle where you can see straight through to the magazine. By the way, the thickness of the pieces is set to 3/16 of an inch, so foamcore board or regular cardboard can be used (I measured the thickness of both to make sure).

Special thanks to wizzardofflight for the awesome blueprint he made of the Magnum. It was my only really used reference for the entire project.
After "Unfold" is hit in Pepakura, the model's edges will look messed up and crooked in the 3D Window. This does not affect the actual printed version.

Is here any news? I mean unfold.

Yes, but just a little. The last time I talked to Boba Fett he and MKShane81 were about halfway done with the unfold. It's making decent progress, having been sped up very much thanks to you breaking it into sections. ;)

I've got everything unfolded, and decently sorted. If people are itching to get working on this thing, I can post a link later today when I get home. It will be between 5:00 and 6:00pm EST.

-Matt

I've got everything unfolded, and decently sorted. If people are itching to get working on this thing, I can post a link later today when I get home. It will be between 5:00 and 6:00pm EST.

-Matt

I;ve also been working hard.... everything is done except 1 part. I've been spending a lot of time on making it easy to build. (modifying flaps especially) I'll end you an email later. Should we mashup what we both have?

Yeah we can do that. Send me what ya got, and I'll send you what I've got. I don't know if I updated my profile email, changed it to mkshane81@gmail.com I should be able sometime this weekend if you want. Thanksgiving is officially starting on my end.

-Matt

Oh wow, that all sounds great! So much has happened since I last stopped by here. You don't necessarily have to post links or anything, unless you want to. I'm pretty curious to see how it turned out. You're welcome, and thanks to you, Boba Fett, and Bevbor, too!

New model released! My first attempt at a sliced weapon, the M6G ('C' Variant) Magnum from Halo 3. Slightly edited and shortened repost here from my other thread:

After "Unfold" is hit in Pepakura, the model's edges will look messed up and crooked in the 3D Window. This does not affect the actual printed version.

I was looking forward to making that pistol then I realized it was a sliced file...lol I'm a little bummed. :p

hey Chevy weren't you making spi armor or was that someone else? because i have unfolded the chest(its ok but alot of paper) and the shoulders

Hey chevy, did Fett send you all of the files to be able to post for MA37? He and I finished up everything a while ago, but I hadn't seen anything on here yet.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back