Chiefy's First Build Mk VI Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have hit a small problem... ive printed the chestpiece and its all be scaled to my body and everything, but because my printer is a UK printer and Pepakura isnt a UK program, and neither is the chestpiece file, some of the supports cant be divided into two and are too big to be printed on A4. most of the supports were printed but one support and a small part of another is missing :/ any ideas how to resolve this or would having most of the supports be suffitient?

Hmmm... that is a problem-- I'm not a UK man, nor a pro at Computer problems.. Make Sure the scale is right... my thoughts below

*you can print a smaller version of it - Measure each side, then use that scale times 2 ... and draw you a pep file

I did this thing very similar today ( I made a double visor but made my own pep file just by guessing or accurately drawing it... Best of luck if you can't get it fixed!!

My forum (double visor homemade pep file...) Click ---> http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36202-Upgrade-on-Mark-5-full-build/page4

This should be your last resort though... Hopefully someone can help you further!!!

The scale looks right, i dont have a license i just have the free version, im kinda saving for halo 4 and at least an entry for mcm in october, i need to use my costume for somethin i suppose lol, but ill look into it, maybe if i scale it to half the size and print it twice would that work? or should i just improvise with some card when its done (i will only try this if its flimsy i think though haha)?
Thanks by the way (Y)

I seem to have hit a small problem... ive printed the chestpiece and its all be scaled to my body and everything, but because my printer is a UK printer and Pepakura isnt a UK program, and neither is the chestpiece file, some of the supports cant be divided into two and are too big to be printed on A4. most of the supports were printed but one support and a small part of another is missing :/ any ideas how to resolve this or would having most of the supports be suffitient?

you can change the settings and lay out in Designer, You just can't save it with out a lic# so write every thing (scale)down.

ive tried scaling it down but the supports wont fit the model and orientating it doesnt work, ive scaled the width to 430mm if that helps? i dont know whether 400-410 would be scaled enough to fit the model and to fit the paper without overlapping the edges, ill write each scale i try down though when i come to needing it, thanks man :)

Sorry I failed to mention, In designer you can split a part into more parts to fit a sheet of paper.

Yea it wont split any further either ive got it as small as i can and into as many pieces and it still doesnt fit the pages in the UK

When you're in Designer you can split a single piece into 2. so if you say you have a barrel that is 3 feet long you can split it in 3 pieces or 15 it's up to you. It's in the 2D menu, edit mode join/disjoin face.

ive scaled the width to my body, 430mm (using the sizing tut by halo goddess) and the even when ive disjoined these faces it wont let me disjoin them any further that is as small as they get, and they are still too big for A4 sheets of paper, i have most of the supports but i dont know if i will need all of them
pepproblem.jpg

if you can see it on the picture its the support that runs across the top passing the neckhole
there is also a piece of the bottom support that doesnt fit either

pepproblempart2.jpg

ive scaled it to 400mm (30mm short of what i need) and it still doesnt fit so im guessing i should just leave it until i have finished the rest of the build and improvise later on?

Apologies if i have been unclear on what i have meant?

Those 2 shapes look simple enough to just cut up some strips from scratch, no? If you know the length already, why do you need to go through pep?

I'm sure eye-balling those wouldn't be the end-of-it-all. hehe

I wouldn't worry too much about how accurate the supports are I have seen people just use ice lolly sticks on smaller pieces. They are just to hold shape while you resin the outside really.

I wouldn't worry too much about how accurate the supports are I have seen people just use ice lolly sticks on smaller pieces. They are just to hold shape while you resin the outside really.

Thanks dude i was just unsure and I didnt really want to continue until i was and now I can :) im pretty sure not having them all wont hurt

Those 2 shapes look simple enough to just cut up some strips from scratch, no? If you know the length already, why do you need to go through pep?

I'm sure eye-balling those wouldn't be the end-of-it-all. hehe
Thats what i was thinking i might just get some card and tape it in the middle and glue it at either end :) Thanks i just wasnt too sure

I also have quite the OCD where i will need to make the folds and cuts as clean as possible until im happy, and the gluing as central as I can lol not really a bad thing for something like this but i might spend almost as long making these bits of supports than pepping when it comes to it lol but thanks for the feedback anyway guys i appreciate it :) I will continue building after i have my coursework done lol

My GOD it has been a year since I last posted I have tried to get back here asap but exams took over :(
But now longest summer EVER! time to get stuck in with this and in the mean time, I apologise for a long wait, I have been dying to get back to work on this!

ive scaled the width to my body, 430mm (using the sizing tut by halo goddess) and the even when ive disjoined these faces it wont let me disjoin them any further that is as small as they get, and they are still too big for A4 sheets of paper, i have most of the supports but i dont know if i will need all of them
pepproblem.jpg

if you can see it on the picture its the support that runs across the top passing the neckhole
there is also a piece of the bottom support that doesnt fit either

pepproblempart2.jpg

ive scaled it to 400mm (30mm short of what i need) and it still doesnt fit so im guessing i should just leave it until i have finished the rest of the build and improvise later on?

Apologies if i have been unclear on what i have meant?

You have to right-click on the screen and select join/disjoin face then seperate the two pieces.

I did already disjoin it and made it smaller will not let me disjoin them any further? However I do have some A3 size paper lying around which I can use as a general shape for the supports and then construct them manually with the A4 card :)

I went back to where I started and decided to finish the helmet before fully starting another piece so I got the fibreglassing all done this morning, next up body filler
b7p1.jpg
upn5.jpg
6ah1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back