Chris's Mark VI Build (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisD424

Hey everyone, I just started my Mark VI build today. It's of course going to be a long process but I will try my best to keep pictures up along the way.

I just finished the first Pep part which was the Left HD Shoulder Pad. Since I took a few pictures in the mirror, it flopped them so it LOOKS like it's the right shoulder pad. It is the left one though.

MkVI2.jpg

103_1045.jpg

103_1046.jpg

103_1047.jpg

MkVI.jpg

For me, it took me about 14 hoursish I think. That includes cutting out the paper to it being completely connected. I took breaks throughout it though.

I edited the photos they are facing the right way now.

Just finished both paint jobs for the shoulders... def gotta rough them up a bit.

Right after I finished spray painting the blue on, this happened.

103_1055.jpg

103_1061.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

103_1062.jpg

The grey is actually a bit darker than in the pics... the flash lit it up.
They will fit better once I put in padding and strap them on, I was trying to balance them on me for these pics lol

Anyone have constructive criticism?

Now onto the forearms.

Good work on the bondo. Nicely rounded Shoulder pieces.

Keep them progress pics going!

Cheers!

Thanks. I am going to repaint and detail it more once I get a dremel and a hand held sander. I lost some good edges that were there before :/

I just finished putting together both forearms and now I am gluing the chest. I am afraid it might be a hare too small but we will see. I'm so nervous about it. I will post more pics soon

It finally stopped raining :D This is my progress so far... I am having a few contingencies with the chest piece but its getting there.

Excuse the messy room, had a lot of indoor work going on

103_1070.jpg

103_1073.jpg

103_1072.jpg

0929101920.jpg

Figured I would throw the practice helmet in for fun.

I have a question though, I am wondering what I should use to connect the bottom... the top has two big plastic clip things and it works well so far... as for the bottom I am debating using these Velcro things I have... think its a good idea?

Hey man, Looks pretty good to me :D It does get tighter with the undersuit on but hopefully it wont be too bad...

As for those bottom parts, I myself used velcro cut into a strip and connected them that way... You get me?

Some Advise for the actual helmet you'll make for real, If Measure between the two vent things of your chest youll've scaled it in proportion to your chest keeping it looking right with your Armour and it should fit you like a glove..... a very tight glove lol :D

Keep up your awesome updates :D

Hey man, Looks pretty good to me :D It does get tighter with the undersuit on but hopefully it wont be too bad...

As for those bottom parts, I myself used velcro cut into a strip and connected them that way... You get me?

Some Advise for the actual helmet you'll make for real, If Measure between the two vent things of your chest youll've scaled it in proportion to your chest keeping it looking right with your Armour and it should fit you like a glove..... a very tight glove lol :D

Keep up your awesome updates :D

Thanks man, are you sure itll fit my head though? :/ id like a little spare room lol

nice!

Did you have any problems with the forearms being too tight?

No but thats becauase i made them overly big and then cut out an inch long strip from the back of each one so they were a bit smaller in circumference. If i hadnt made them that big i wouldnt have been able to fit my hand through

hey man, got your link on fb. i havnt been on here in a while so forgive me for not commenting sooner :3
your build is looking great!
i think you can get away with using those shins, but in my honest opinion i think the thighs are a little too large, maybe scale them down just a bit. they look like they would knock against your cod a bit.

hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back