Cj's MK.V. Armor THread

Should I Stop, or keep going? (see 2ed post, page 9)

• Stop, go with a Diffrent Costume

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Keep going, figure it out later

Votes: 50 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
just cut vents like the helmet in the game and put mesh on the back side of them. that's what i did. i mounted a fan and a voice changer speaker behind them too :p

not the best, noooo dont have that atitude, if you truly believe that your armour is amazing, then it is. never compare it to the stuff here. i did that and felt like crap, but when people saw me in public it was a non stop "can i have my picture with you" fest. keep at it and never give up hope. hope is all we have.

0235 is totally right. It can be tough when you're surrounded by so many people with incredible skills, but they all started somewhere. Your build is great so far, and your visor solution was very well executed. I'm with Matt on the weathering, it looks dope.

I looked back to your first posts, and your pep job is fantastic, keep it up!

haha, thanks guyz!
sorry no updates, the cold weather has kept me from finishing my armor, which is of course my last peice (the boots)! im am not to pleased.... i was thinkin bout doing the hot gue meathod for the boots.... ideas? thoughts?

ok so,
Rondoing went well on the boots... now i just have to figure out how to cut the bottems out.... ideas?

I am pretty sure that any dremel cutting wheel will cut through bondo. I usually don't like to use the standard ones because they tend to break very easily. I like to use the reinforced ones because they hold up much better. You are doing a small enough project that if you only have the ones that are in the pack of 15, then you can use those just fine. Just don't get dissapointed if they break.

BOOM!
you thought i was gone didn't ya?
haha, well, no pics tonight, as i am tired, but i have started strapping!
all parts are padded and everything, so tonight, i put on the straps/buckles for the chest and back. so hopefully that will turn out good.
Wish me luck!
BTW, anybody know how to take off that poll?

Ya sorry, double post... but hey! i got a picture!
FILE0015.jpg

yes, i know that it is lopsided

Nope.... i have not strapped anything else together. but as i already said, everything is all padded...

The reason being is becuase i have a convention coming up on the first of April, and i have to get my other costume ready for that. So i have been giving it my full attention... But after that convention, i should be able to start working on my Sparatan again...
Sorry, i know it was not the awnser you were hoping for...

looking good, if you want to do the cod thing maybe you should use foam
hope this helped and if someone already siad it, sorry i must not have seen it :p

Hey guyz!
Okay, so you probably thought i was gone didn't ya?..... Ya, well i did to!
Finally today, i decided to put this suit on. This will probably be the only time i will ever be putting this thing on!
So, here are the pics...
FILE0075.jpg

FILE0076.jpg

FILE0077.jpg

Maximum flexiableness acheived!
FILE0078.jpg

MFachement.jpg

Yup, only those 4 pics, those are all the suit will probably ever have, unless i get it on a maniken....
So... thoughts?

P.S. Next up: FOAM!

yeah!!! finally!!!! looks good to me. maybe add some areas of black for detail and it will be awesomeness!!!! that armor is bulky huh?! congrats on the finished suit dude!!

Haha, thanks Matth!
And yes, yes it is super bulky... thats why i need to figure out foam for my next set!
And ya, the suit has been finished for quite a few months actually xD

suit looks awesome! r u gunna do the black parts again cause (i think) it really brings out the orange in the rest of the suit. Keep it up man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back