Cj's MK.V. Armor THread

Should I Stop, or keep going? (see 2ed post, page 9)

• Stop, go with a Diffrent Costume

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Keep going, figure it out later

Votes: 50 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably everyone was thinking "I want to make something that no one is making"... so now everyone is making the Mark V.

hey guyz...
Ok, so i know this is not the update most of you were hoping for, i i doubt anybody will read it except for my fellow MK.V builders, cuz of no pics.... but whatever...
I am sorry to say to you guyz, but i will most likely be going with the brown and orange color for a few reasons...
1. I am to lazy to tape off all that black xD
2. I really really want to get started on a Reach spartan...
3. I can't think of any other good excuses....

so, sorry to disapoint you Matth, i know you were looking foreword to the bright orange armor, but i just can't pull it off.... i am sorry.... But i might do my Reach spartan in orange, if you ever feel like following that..

...... :'( Well you can do the new Mk V the other guys are coming out with after you do your reach build. I think I will give that a shot. Still debating if I want to do an Iron Man or something else. I was like a celebrity on Haloween here. I had like 100 pictures taken with me lol!! I won all the contests too!!

Honestly it doesn't really matter what color it is. As long as it turns out to your liking then everyone else who says it sucks can be as matth101 said. Slapped with your fibreglassed gauntlet. And yeah anyone got any pics of pure black halo suits? I wanna see if they look good, cause it's easier for me. Got like 5 leftover cans....

...... :'( Well you can do the new Mk V the other guys are coming out with after you do your reach build. I think I will give that a shot. Still debating if I want to do an Iron Man or something else. I was like a celebrity on Haloween here. I had like 100 pictures taken with me lol!! I won all the contests too!!

haha! congratz man!
and haha, now becuase i have been following the making of the HD model, i am thinking about stopping this project, and just waiting for the HD to be ready, cuz i really don't have the space for 3 full armor sets =(...
what you think?

Not rthe storage for 3 armor sets.. sounds familiar to me xD
Don't stop man! you(and some others) inspired me for my side-project(also mk V, caboose)

dude, i say just finish it up. youve come too far to just trash it, and im sure you've dumped some money in to it. I know MY Mk V suit wasn't cheap at all... Just think of it as a practice run for that epic HD Mk V that's gonna come out soon ;) Im stoked on that one. Gonna build that once it comes out and compare it to my current one. I actually bought a mannequin to mount my armor on LOL!!! But yeah, I have no idea what I would do with multiple sets of armor :-X

Honestly it doesn't really matter what color it is. As long as it turns out to your liking then everyone else who says it sucks can be as matth101 said. Slapped with your fibreglassed gauntlet. And yeah anyone got any pics of pure black halo suits? I wanna see if they look good, cause it's easier for me. Got like 5 leftover cans....

I have seen a few all black ones and the look cool. I want to build one but use LED's and Plexiglass and Hot glue to 'outline' certain areas with blue lights. There is a guy on here that kind of beat me to the black/blue idea though.

hey guyz...
Ok, so i know this is not the update most of you were hoping for, i i doubt anybody will read it except for my fellow MK.V builders, cuz of no pics.... but whatever...
I am sorry to say to you guyz, but i will most likely be going with the brown and orange color for a few reasons...
1. I am to lazy to tape off all that black xD
2. I really really want to get started on a Reach spartan...
3. I can't think of any other good excuses....

so, sorry to disapoint you Matth, i know you were looking foreword to the bright orange armor, but i just can't pull it off.... i am sorry.... But i might do my Reach spartan in orange, if you ever feel like following that..

Oh man, You are so close! I'd just finish what you started and put off the new stuff intill you can focus just on one project at a time. That's my problem. I always start something then start something else. Then I never finish any of it.

As far as Storage goes......You can always put it in a Rubbermaid tub when you're not using it. Obviously that's not as cool as displaying it though. Maybe once you get all three done you can rotate them. My personal Dream is to have a room in my man garage like tony stark does in his basement. With the Suits all displayed in cases. It's a Pipe dream but still a dream. Keep up the good work! Once I get some money I'll be revamping my build with foam.

haha, well, the problem is, i don't have any room in my room cuz i share it with my bro (and we 16 >.> ) so, no real space cuz i do guitar, and he does drums, so that takes up a lot of space... and i have a full set of mandalorian armor too... xD

So ya, i will probably finish this project up, wear it once, then take out da visor, and never wear again xD unless one of my ffirends wants to wear it...

Um.... So right now... i have to fiberglass my shoes (any tips on em?)
And then i have to remake my chest piece, as my kinda snapped xD put i will probably make it out of Sintra, so i don't have to harden it, and i iz a pro wit it :)

see? there ya go!! after you finish your work, pass it on to a friend!!
As for the shoes, u just taped off the hole in the top and then I cut a maybe 3" hole in the sole of them to pour in the rondo, slush, cut off sole and rondo at top of the shoe, and then fiberglass. Thats what I did :p

Hey guyz, So, kinda of a big update...
DSCN4349.jpg

tada!!!
looks pretty good eh?
Well, on closer inspection... not really...
DSCN4351.jpg

heres the chin area...
DSCN4352.jpg

the right ear
DSCN4353.jpg

and the forehead...
The visor is plastic, so it can bend.... BUT, i have all those big holes!!! i tried moving the visor around, but i cannot get it to be any closer than that!
can i please have some help?

I had a similar problem with mine. I taped the entire visor with painters tape, and put it into the right place. Make sure that you are completely satisfied with the helmet, because you will not be able to fix it easily after this. Once the visor is in place, fill in everything with a bunch of bondo, and let it cure. Once it is dry, remove the visor, and sand down the excess bondo, but be careful not to sand the part that the visor fits into. Once you get it sanded to the way you like it, you can glue the visor into the helmet, and it should work out perfectly.

Thanks for the tip!
That sounds like a great idea, cept for how does the bondo stay there? cuz when i think about it, it seems like it couln't take a fall//drop, cuz the bondo would break out becuase it does not have much, adhesive power...
Help?

Thanks for the tip!
That sounds like a great idea, cept for how does the bondo stay there? cuz when i think about it, it seems like it couln't take a fall//drop, cuz the bondo would break out becuase it does not have much, adhesive power...
Help?

I made sure that the bondo went into the sun guard (the part that sticks out on the top front) enough that it would hold well, and then enough all around the edges so that it pretty much filled in the sides of the helmet. It is basically making a mold for the visor to fit into the helmet. The more bondo you add the stronger it will be. And as long as the surface doesn't have any dust on it, the bondo should stick to whatever you apply it to without any problems.

hey guyz!
muwhahaha! i love gurrila tape!!!
DSCN4354.jpg

DSCN4355.jpg

DSCN4356.jpg

yup thats right! it's in there!
Calking is drying as you read this!

That's looking pretty good CJ, may I ask what visor you got and/or a link to it? It looks big enough to fit in almost any visor (except the ridiculously big ones like EVA and Security)

YEAH BOYYEEEE!!!! Awesome!! Feels good when you get that visor in huh?? Now I bet you're all motivated to finish up quick! That's what happened when I goy my helmet painted and got the visor in. Probably on.y took a few weeks to finish my suit after that!! Stoked to see you getting closer to being done!!

Okay, fine! here are pictures of things being rondoed....
DSCN4199.jpg
my work space
DSCN4198.jpg
left Bicep
DSCN4197.jpg
right thigh
DSCN4196.jpg

Helmet, which still needs a little bit more rondo, i did not have enough made for the front bitz....

There, ya happy? xD

Whats that pink thing you have for inside that helmet? is that Rondo? ya got it from Auto Zone? if so whats name of that thing? because I dont see anything like that well of course I m girl lol with you tell me what kind it is and thing like that will make it easier for me to go and buy it without say mee mo moi mee ok I buy that one *shrug* lol :) Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back