Cj's MK.V. Armor THread

Should I Stop, or keep going? (see 2ed post, page 9)

• Stop, go with a Diffrent Costume

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Keep going, figure it out later

Votes: 50 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you have talent when you go to pick up a gallon of resin, buy it, take it home, but the threads under the lid are fiber glassed shut.. So you take it back, get a new one, and when you open that one, resin as harded at the top of the hole so that there is now, a fiberglass resin cap..... *Sigh......*
DSCN4314.jpg

On the other hand, i have started bondoing my helmet, after i decided i was not satisfied with it...
DSCN4311.jpg

DSCN4312.jpg

DSCN4313.jpg

Sorry i have not posted any updates for so long, i ran out of resin, and bondo.... but now, i got a gallon of each for my b-day =p

Looking good CJ! I'm glad you got more supplies so you can keep working. Nice work with the bondo! I like the orange by the way, and happy birthday!

lol wow, 2 bad things of resin in a row?? ouch!! Nice job with the bondo. I'm sure itll look nice and smooth once its done. Happy bday!!! now get to work!!!! :D

haha, yes sir.... =p
Ok, so i just came back from a diffrent auto zone, becuase i ran the other one out of there gallon size.... and this time, i got a good one!!! huzzah!!!!
So work will probably start tomarrow...

ok guyz and galz (mostly you MT101) to make you happy, here are some pics of what i have been working on...
DSCN4321.jpg

It is primered brownish red, and then sprayed with orange, but i let the primer show through, i think it makes it have a pretty good effect, but you can't really see it in the pics =(
So, here is my thought... Should i still add in the black detailing, or would that take away from the overall look? here are some pics of the shin, which would usually have the black
DSCN4318.jpg

DSCN4319.jpg

DSCN4320.jpg

what you guyz think? black or no black?

it may just be uneven coating, but it DOES look pretty cool like that :) i say go for the black detail. Stoked to see that bright orange armor finished!!! keep it up CJ!! 10 thumbs up!!

That looks great. Definately go for the black, it will make the rest of the suit stand out and look more completed. Keep up the good work.

ok then, i guess i will go for the black detailing.... any helpful thoughts with taping off the areas and stuff?

Lookin good CJ! I really like the orange paint job too. From what I've heard, masking tape or painters tape works well. Just cover the areas you don't want to get paint on with newspaper and tape around the edge of the paper so you get a nice and defined line.

Make sure that the orange is completely dry before you start to tape it off. I would let it dry overnight just to be safe. I used blue painters tape, because it covers very well, doesn't let the paint seep through, and it releases very well. The more detailed you get with taping it off, the more detailed it will come out, so it is best to take your time.

so, any advice on how to get it taped off right? i mean the black parts of the armor are sometimes in odd shapes, and i did not print out the pieces with the black/grey outline on them, so i don't really know.... any help?

For really fine detail I usually cut the tape into thin strips, and outline the parts to be taped off, then I go back and "fill in" the rest of it with tape. Usually if you don't know where to tape it off it is best to draw it out first. If there are some places that you are unsure about where to make a line, usually taping off directly on a crease looks the best.

Just look at as many different angles of the real suit, and make an educated guess as to where to make the lines.

XD I know thats what I would do LOL. Hey, you guys notice that theres more Mk V builds all of a sudden?? used to be far and few to come by.... AWESOMENESS!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back