Companion Cube Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this, it's from portal right? :pI've only heard of craft robo because my mom owns something called a cricut, but the thing sucks it doesn't read your own svg files. It has all it's own proprietary shapes to cut out, or I would be all over my moms scrapbooking robot :p

Hey AceHigh I got took your awesomely unfolded companion cube pep and shrunk it a bit and put it on a letter format for every one in the states. This also cut the paper usage in half only 50 now. Oh the dimensions are about 1.5ft cubed or 45.7 cm. I figured that might be a bit more practical to take to conventions. Lol Hope you don't mind me messing with your file.

You did a great job on the model and the unfold. Super clean.

Here is the link to the smaller letter format pep.

HaloGoddess said:
Hey AceHigh........I got something you might want to see. Someone else gave me this link when I brought up on another site about seeing if someone wanted me to build them a companion cube.

http://j-n-white.liv...com/107399.html

It's awesome! I think you're gonna like this. ;)

Hmm, it's decent, but there are quite a few things that hurts my perfectionist heart. Not gonna go into detail about it though, it's still nice. :)

Trigger said:
I like this, it's from portal right? :pI've only heard of craft robo because my mom owns something called a cricut, but the thing sucks it doesn't read your own svg files. It has all it's own proprietary shapes to cut out, or I would be all over my moms scrapbooking robot :p

Yup, Portal is the game. I miss Glados. :( OH! I neeeed to make a Glados-sphere once the cube is done. Whenever that is...

Kirrou said:
Hey AceHigh I got took your awesomely unfolded companion cube pep and shrunk it a bit and put it on a letter format for every one in the states. This also cut the paper usage in half only 50 now. Oh the dimensions are about 1.5ft cubed or 45.7 cm. I figured that might be a bit more practical to take to conventions. Lol Hope you don't mind me messing with your file.

You did a great job on the model and the unfold. Super clean.

Here is the link to the smaller letter format pep.

Thanks! It's quite alright to remake the unfold. 45 cms does sound a little easier to carry around, yes. :p

I think I've figured out the base materials now. It's going to be mainly plaster, as it is cheap as hell even in large quantities. I'm just waiting for answers to a few questions from my supplier, then I'll be ordering a bunch of materials. After that, I can really get the build going strong.

thatdecade said:
Thanks Kirrou, should make it much easier to attempt this project now.

Easy is so boring! :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back