Complete Reach Recon Build-Duckster18 Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, completed the shoulder last night and have started to work on the second. After that, I'll go back and finished the forearm. That will completed both arms. Then i will prolly start on the thighs. COD and chest will prolly be last. I'm hoping to get to resining by end of july. That's really doable. Here's the picks!

2012-06-27_15-11-32_882.jpg

2012-06-27_15-11-26_609.jpg

2012-06-27_15-11-12_992.jpg

Hey guys, completed the shoulder last night and have started to work on the second. After that, I'll go back and finished the forearm. That will completed both arms. Then i will prolly start on the thighs. COD and chest will prolly be last. I'm hoping to get to resining by end of july. That's really doable. Here's the picks!

2012-06-27_15-11-32_882.jpg

2012-06-27_15-11-26_609.jpg

2012-06-27_15-11-12_992.jpg

Good job with the bicep bro looks great. i hate how the hot glue strings everywhere tho.
I know this might be a killjoy tho but... Your wearing the bicep backwards AND on the wrong arm... Maybe you already knew tho lol.
Cant wait to see more progress man good build.

Good job with the bicep bro looks great. i hate how the hot glue strings everywhere tho.
I know this might be a killjoy tho but... Your wearing the bicep backwards AND on the wrong arm... Maybe you already knew tho lol.
Cant wait to see more progress man good build.

Ha i am aware. I just don't like holding my phone in my left hand. Weird quirk of mine sadly. It was just to show how it fit and to get a feel of it, which is exactly why i took of this pic:

2012-06-27_15-51-48_128.jpg

Just wanted to see how everything looks and since i have more of the left arm down(the forearm that i completed was a "left" file, I just wanted to get a taste of how it'd look).
I'm glad you guys like my work, but the show will only get better. As we all know, the pep is the longest part of anyones build. I can easily do all the resining in one day(depending on how many coats I put on the armor), the next day have prolly half of it bondoed, finish bonding the next day, then paint, padding and final touches. Pepping though takes FOREVER. It can be upwards of 5 hours in a day on a single file(my helmet took 7) I take frequent breaks because the task is so boring to do and you just wanna get on with it and start resining, bondoing,etc.Patience is a virtue.

Oh and i realize that the photo of me i just posted wearing everything looks off. That's because the files are larger than my arm and I'm trying to keep them from sliding off.They'll be in the correct place once i get them strapped. I was also thinking, has anyone used foam on the inside of a pep suit instead of strapping? so you can just slide the suit on and the parts will stay? or using velcro for that matter? If anyone has any way of having the suit stay in place other than using straps, i'd love to hear it.:)

FINISHED THE SHOULDER TODAY! and one boot cover. The sizing for the boots I believe are perfect(take that scaling tutorials!). Tomorrow, i will finished the second boot cover, and prolly the 2 knee guards, since they are fairly simple to complete. I might have to re-do the handplates(i think they are too small but idk, haven't gotten any opinions on them). so check-list:

Helmet:Done(maybe)
Forearms:1/2 done
Upper arms:Done
Boot covers:1/2 Done
Shoulder attachments:Done
Shins:TBD
Thighs:TBD
Full-Boot:TBD
COD:TBD
Torso:TBD

I think I'll get alot done this weekend because I will have more time to do it this weekend.(I don't have lifting regiments to do, so that's an extra 2 hours to contribute.)
Here are photos of the new peps.I'd love feedback!
2012-06-29_16-36-09_620.jpg

2012-06-29_16-35-54_272.jpg

2012-06-29_16-35-35_470.jpg

2012-06-29_21-37-38_396.jpg

2012-06-29_21-37-21_73.jpg

Looks like you are sizing everything correctly! I'm not a huge fan of using hot glue for pep as I feel it's kind of overkill and stringy. How much room do you have in the Recon helmet?

Looks like you are sizing everything correctly! I'm not a huge fan of using hot glue for pep as I feel it's kind of overkill and stringy. How much room do you have in the Recon helmet?

I have about half an inch all the way around. The biggest problem for the helmet is that, regardless of the sizing, I'd have to cut the opening bigger. That third helmet i pepped JUST got over my head, but there was about 2 inches of extra room and it made me look like a bobblehead. I have a rather big head(i wear a large for football, which is uncommon for someone 5'8"). Once i do resin and rondo the inside of the helmet, I feel that I'll have enough room to fit small padding. If not, I'll redo the helmet a LIL bigger.

Hey guys,i finished both boot covers yesterday and tried to do the rest of the boot today.i finished one boot,but im positive i need to scale it up a lil. I might just move to thighs.it seems i have alot more trouble with smaller files with lil pieces,so the boot took awhile to finish.whats left is the cod,chest,thighs,shins,1 forearm and the boots.

well i just cut the sides and hinge it at the back with some way to connect them on the inside of the sides. that way you can unbuckle it and open it up to get it off but its not to open on the bottom or making it over sized

well i just cut the sides and hinge it at the back with some way to connect them on the inside of the sides. that way you can unbuckle it and open it up to get it off but its not to open on the bottom or making it over sized
You shouldn't have to do all that extra work.

I agree with mac. Only the COD and chest should be hinged. Helmets should just slide right off. Hinging the helmet can leave it alot weaker and could possibly give you trouble when putting in the visor. Like mac said, you're always gonna have to cut the opening of the helmet. My second helmet fits perfect and I had to cut a bigger opening. I can go back later, after resining and bondo a more accurate opening if i need to.

Finished the first thigh! fits perfectly! thank God! ha i don't think i can afford another set back. I'll either start the cod tomorrow or finish off the thighs. Here are the pics:

2012-07-03_17-57-52_285.jpg

2012-07-03_17-58-01_808.jpg

2012-07-03_17-57-40_762.jpg

I also finished both knee guards. The pep is inside out, but there's not much detail in them to begin with and they fit, so I'm keeping them.

Update----
Helmet:COMPLETE
Handplates:COMPLETE
Upper-arms:COMPLETE
Shoulder Attachments:COMPLETE
Forearm:1 out of 2 done
Knee guards:COMPLETE
Toe Covers:COMPLETE
Thighs:1 out of 2 done
Shins:0 of 2 complete
COD:0 of 1 complete
Chest:0 of 1 complete
Boots:0 of 2 complete

Progress update! Finished one of the shins today. Extremely easy to do. I prolly should have started with this file. im headed out right now, but I'll start on the next one when i get home, and will see if i can do both boots tonight since i found a much easier and more HD file. Anyway, here's the finished shin:

2012-07-06_14-39-58_46.jpg

2012-07-06_14-39-48_834.jpg

Finished Shins:

2012-07-06_19-49-57_681.jpg

2012-07-06_19-49-50_759.jpg

Update---
Helmet:COMPLETE
Shoulders:COMPLETE
Shoulder Attachments:COMPLETE
Forearms:1 out of 2 done
Thighs:COMPLETE
Knees:COMPLETE
Shins:COMPLETE
Boots:0 out of 2
COD:0 out of 1
Chest:0 out of 1

it's a little late now but when scaling it's as simple as this: look to where the peice begins and ends on the spartan, measure that distance on yourself, Add maybe and inch or 2 depending on how much padding you plan to use, make sure when you scale you use only one dimension, usually this is length, or height. i think using a overall scale is a bad idea because all these files are made by different people and the scale will never match. Anyways keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back