Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been busy...
even had alot of help from the Mrs on these. Bless her.
th_shooterup.jpgNow I know why weapons are 'the next level' in pep.

th_titsup.jpg Nothing that bondo and a whole lot of sanding wont hide.

th_backu.jpg Might cut the 'flap' sections out and replace with black foamies, what do you think, should I?

th_shooterup.jpg

th_titsup.jpg

th_backu.jpg

Once the part is done up with resin those louvers/flaps will look good. I took mine from a model close to that one for my build.

Well Im busy but with not much completed to show for it.

Fancied this, fitted with magnets to stick to a section of cod belt. Its rough, I struggled with the 'sections' because I used minimum bondo to keep the size correct, should have pepped smaller and used more bondo! Who knew 'more bondo'? lol
405th
[/URL][/IMG]

this looks really good, you have some amazing skills, do you have any pics of the visor and how you installed it?

Thanks sildeo, it just looks rough to me lol.
Just checked and sorry to say that I dont have pics of the visor installation. I took the cut out pep visor down to my local motorcycle shop to make sure it was big enough. Cut the visor about 10mm bigger all around, pushed it into place and hot glued it in. This left some gaps between the visor and the visor hole so I carefully back filled below the required level with bondo. When that set, used a thin stick to level off with rondo.

There is a better way, cover your visor in cling film, temporary install (with hotglue or screw posts if thats your chosen method) fill any gaps with expanding foam, wait for it to cure, remove the visor (if you used hotglue, just use the end of your glue gun to soften it) sand down the excess foam - job done.

You're build is coming along real nice. I like what you did with the detailing, makes it really stand out. The rivet holes are a nice touch too

You're build is coming along real nice. I like what you did with the detailing, makes it really stand out. The rivet holes are a nice touch too

Thankyou, I have yet to start the dreaded boots (dreaded because I am 5'8" tall, a UK size 11 and want to add 5 hidden inches)

I have more detail to add on the lower arm display areas but am busy painting the cod sections and still working on the chest too. I liked the rivet idea, but heck there are alot of them to paint one at a time.

Thanks SkullBoy13.
Chopped my chest and fitted the clips today, still a tiny bit of bondo and sanding to go though the cod is done :)
Excuse the crappy background
405th
[/URL][/IMG]

Thought it was time to show you where I am at. All the strapping to do, fix the handplates on the gloves and strap the cod sections onto a belt. Loooks a little 'bobble head' to me, should I make a MC helmet?
405th
[/URL][/IMG]

Need to source some height boosting shoes before pepping the boots and do something regarding weapons. Looking for sliced M6G and MA37 if you fancy pointing me in the right direction?

Started the undersuit, wont be accurate as I think that that has caused heat/mobility issues for builders.
Cutting and marking 2mm foam (1/16th for imperialists) and pinning in place on top of a lycra suit. Hopefully the gaps between the foam will allow enough cooling and I dont intend fixing foam where it will be hidden under the armour.

Tried 2 types of superglue, both peel right off the suit. Currently waiting for a trial with rubber besed cement and if that fails, Im going to try latex glue.

405th
[/URL][/IMG]
405th
[/URL][/IMG]

Is it be possible to sew through the foam? Serious tearing risk, but it might work a bit better than glue...

Even loose stitching will tear through due to the stretching and flexing on the lycra suit. I have tested the rubber based cement now and its holding pretty well under stress. Just have to run it through a wash/dry simulation/test to see if it holds up. No one likes a smelly spartan lol

You're under suit looks great. There is a way to dry clean that under suit ( well that what they call it) its a chemical sheet the you throw in a bag in the dryer on low. If that doesn't work there is a anti bacterial spray the we use on body armor that works well at getting rid of the oder. finely Frabreeze works as a cheep method to manage oder. Did I say how well I think you're suit is looking. If mine comes out half as good as you'res I'd be happy with my first suit. I can't wait to see how it all come together.

lol, this is my first build, I'd never heard of pepakura before finding the 405th.

I know I'm sort of muddling through, not screen/game accurate (had intended a noble 6 but liked the mc armour better) and I doesnt bother me for now though it might later on. Figure I could always make a mc helmet to match this armour and then a n6 set to match the helmet I already have.

Strugling with what to do to boost my height, Im 5'8". Looked at 5" heel 3" platform sole shoes but they are $99 so seems a shame to wreck them.

Have to say I keep popping by your thread to see how your going, looks mighty fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back