Status
Not open for further replies.

Elyairis

Hey 405th folks, looking to pick all your brains.

So I'm finally prepping for my 1st armor build for myself. I normally cosplay Cortana, and I love her character, so I'm wanting to build a set of spartan armor as if it would be for her. I just have never built a custom design for a character. I normally replicate character designs, rather than build my own. So I have no idea on where to start when it comes to a custom design and also wanting people's feedback on which armor designs would fit her character (which helmet, chest piece, etc).

I'm leaning towards the Deadeye helmet at the moment, but that's not fully decided yet. That's about as far as I've gotten.

I have experience 3d modelling via Fusion 3D, I've got a good sized 3d printer, will be getting a resin printer in the near future, as well as access to a large format paper printer for patterns, so I've got multiple ways of building it. And ideally want to have it built in time for Calgary Expo in April 2023.

So.... help?

P.S. needing the design to match the aesthetic of Halo 4/Halo 5, so I can match VonSnake 's Master Chief armor as shown below.
IMG_4822.jpg

Hmmm an armor that says "Cortana" hmmm maybe the Air Assault, its pretty slim and feminine, and should look cool with VonSnake armor

Are you saying you're looking to design and create a new set of armour, Cortana style?

Are you saying you're looking to design and create a new set of armour, Cortana style?
I'm wanting to still use the canon armors but maybe pick and choose from different armors to make an armor set that embodies Cortana as a character.

Like I'm currently looking at doing something like the chest an arms from the Hellcat armor, with maybe a Warmaster or Deadeye or Air Assault helmet, and that type of thing. But looking for ideas lol.

Basically make an armor set of what she would wear if she made herself spartan armor.

Oh, that looks sick! That gets me quite excited for the build.

My thoughts personally; for Cortana's armour, I'd use quite rounded armour parts (not sure which armour sets would be best as I don't know them too well). Partially because of her physical appearance, having no layers of clothing or accessories, her silhouette is quite curvey (I feel so out of line saying that). But also based on her personality - before and after rampancy, she's a really kind and gentle character, so softer, smoother geometry reflects that I feel.

This is VERY interesting idea and I'm really looking forward to see your progress on this build.
If you're looking for suggestions on what armor pieces to choose together then definitely would be good to go with some smaller feminine armor pieces. Armor Vale wears is very feminine for example. If you're going to do it custom and mash some armor pieces together it's even more interesting. I'm gonna take a look and perhaps come up with some ideas on what armor pieces you could potentially use it.
Love the texture you've added to the armor. It's so iconic to Cortana.

Hellcat chest piece you chose above has interesting lore - this chest piece is actually what ancient humans wore before Halo Array was fired.

Last edited:
This is VERY interesting idea and I'm really looking forward to see your progress on this build.
If you're looking for suggestions on what armor pieces to choose together then definitely would be good to go with some smaller feminine armor pieces. Armor Vale wears is very feminine for example. If you're going to do it custom and mash some armor pieces together it's even more interesting. I'm gonna take a look and perhaps come up with some ideas on what armor pieces you could potentially use it.
Love the texture you've added to the armor. It's so iconic to Cortana.

Hellcat chest piece you chose above has interesting lore - this chest piece is actually what ancient humans wore before Halo Array was fired.
Thank you. I was thinking about building her armored look from Halo 5, but I wanted to kind of get away from the tight skin suit look for the whole outfit. So I figured why not design a set of armor that Cortana would wear as a real Spartan instead of an AI.
Oooo thank you for mentioning Vale's armor, the thighs and the feet look like they'd do well for the design, while matching with the Hellcat arms. I'm looking forward to what other gems you might recommend.
The texture is a must to emphasis Cortana but I am very scared of how long the paintjob is gonna take to get the right texture in reality haha.

oh I never knew that! Neat. I just thought the design was a little smoother and curvier and futuristic than other chest pieces.

Oh, that looks sick! That gets me quite excited for the build.

My thoughts personally; for Cortana's armour, I'd use quite rounded armour parts (not sure which armour sets would be best as I don't know them too well). Partially because of her physical appearance, having no layers of clothing or accessories, her silhouette is quite curvey (I feel so out of line saying that). But also based on her personality - before and after rampancy, she's a really kind and gentle character, so softer, smoother geometry reflects that I feel.
That's what I was thinking too but so many of the canon armor sets only have bits and pieces that are smoother, so it's kind of hard to come up with a cohesive look while picking and choosing random pieces. So figured I'd ask the legends on here if they had any ideas for specific pieces or armors that remind them of Cortana.
Thank you!

Thank you. I was thinking about building her armored look from Halo 5, but I wanted to kind of get away from the tight skin suit look for the whole outfit. So I figured why not design a set of armor that Cortana would wear as a real Spartan instead of an AI.
Oooo thank you for mentioning Vale's armor, the thighs and the feet look like they'd do well for the design, while matching with the Hellcat arms. I'm looking forward to what other gems you might recommend.
The texture is a must to emphasis Cortana but I am very scared of how long the paintjob is gonna take to get the right texture in reality haha.

oh I never knew that! Neat. I just thought the design was a little smoother and curvier and futuristic than other chest pieces.

I find it a great idea to make Cortana more armored. Always secretly wished to see such vision of her so I'm really looking forward to your build.
As for texture you could always get that circuit thingy printed and glue it on - and if you'd were to 3d print the armor you could perhaps make the circuit inwards and then just manually fill those "holes" with lighter paint? It could be interesting.

Early on in development of Infinite before they dropped Pax Cortana and her Created arc they had some interesting designs of her wearing different kinds of armor. The second concept art below is more interesting and has bit more of that Forerunner armor resembling Didact's armor as well.

1r9olxc9byc81.jpg

yar33gl0byc81.jpg

Yeah. That Copperhead is I think most feminine armor in Halo. It's not overly bulky and at least some pieces could suit Cortana since she always had that more feminine look to her. Those Hellcat arms are similar to Chief's armor so could would fit with your friend and show Chief and Cortana's partnership.
Are you thinking of adding symbol of Mantle of Responsibility or rather not?

By the way Blue Team's armors are very similar to each other but Kelly and Linda have some slimmer and more feminine parts that could fit Cortana as well.

Hey 405th folks, looking to pick all your brains.

So I'm finally prepping for my 1st armor build for myself. I normally cosplay Cortana, and I love her character, so I'm wanting to build a set of spartan armor as if it would be for her. I just have never built a custom design for a character. I normally replicate character designs, rather than build my own. So I have no idea on where to start when it comes to a custom design and also wanting people's feedback on which armor designs would fit her character (which helmet, chest piece, etc).

I'm leaning towards the Deadeye helmet at the moment, but that's not fully decided yet. That's about as far as I've gotten.

I have experience 3d modelling via Fusion 3D, I've got a good sized 3d printer, will be getting a resin printer in the near future, as well as access to a large format paper printer for patterns, so I've got multiple ways of building it. And ideally want to have it built in time for Calgary Expo in April 2023.

So.... help?

P.S. needing the design to match the aesthetic of Halo 4/Halo 5, so I can match VonSnake 's Master Chief armor as shown below.View attachment 325958
I am hyped for this and may the foam gods smile upon you!

I find it a great idea to make Cortana more armored. Always secretly wished to see such vision of her so I'm really looking forward to your build.
As for texture you could always get that circuit thingy printed and glue it on - and if you'd were to 3d print the armor you could perhaps make the circuit inwards and then just manually fill those "holes" with lighter paint? It could be interesting.

Early on in development of Infinite before they dropped Pax Cortana and her Created arc they had some interesting designs of her wearing different kinds of armor. The second concept art below is more interesting and has bit more of that Forerunner armor resembling Didact's armor as well.

View attachment 326193
View attachment 326194

Yeah. That Copperhead is I think most feminine armor in Halo. It's not overly bulky and at least some pieces could suit Cortana since she always had that more feminine look to her. Those Hellcat arms are similar to Chief's armor so could would fit with your friend and show Chief and Cortana's partnership.
Are you thinking of adding symbol of Mantle of Responsibility or rather not?

By the way Blue Team's armors are very similar to each other but Kelly and Linda have some slimmer and more feminine parts that could fit Cortana as well.
I'm intending to primarily 3d print the armor so I can get more of a smooth finish and also use automotive paint and clearcoat to get a more futuristic gloss to the paint. I do like the idea of insetting the circuit texture into the armor so it's more 3d but I'm not sure how complicated that will be to apply to the 3d prints. Will have to see once I get my 3d modelling computer back.

I've never seen those concepts of her. That's so cool. And very useful for ideas. Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back