Cortana's New Look, With Other Halo 4 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Infected are finaly 'Infected'
2821803-web_preview.png

More screenshots here http://halo.xbox.com/en-US/Universe...eenshots/2d0d7759-1766-4c63-88db-6d570d3f52a1

Has the Flood returned? That'd mean that these new combat forms could be harder, better, faster and stronger! On a side note, we finally get to see what some of the underarmor looks like.

Or is this a visual for a possible Infected Game Type?

UPDATE:

This new gametype is the spiritual successor to the Infection gametype, now known as Flood. Each match starts off with two out of ten players being selected as Combat Forms, who have a larger feild of vision and have deadly claws rather than energy swords, and the goal is once again to infect the remaining eight players. For the survivors, it's all about waiting out time. For more info on Flood, you can read about it over at Halopedia, and here's the link: http://www.halopedia.org/Flood_(gametype)

I used to play a lot of infection... I wonder what they did with it, in terms of speed, gravity and damage resistance... but the fact that the infected are now really infected, is really awesome! :D

Oh, how I can not wait for this game to be put inside my (new H4) Xbox :cool

Looks like they recruited the zombies from Doom 3. Does this game have any originality? Why couldn't they stick with the design language of the old Halo trilogy?

Looks like they recruited the zombies from Doom 3. Does this game have any originality? Why couldn't they stick with the design language of the old Halo trilogy?

They've got a new creative team, and while I don't completely agree with the bubble-domed cockpits of the new Pelicans, I understand the aerodynamic upgrade. As for the new combat forms, I think it's an interesting step up. Think of it this way, the heads of the victims are still intact, and given a more hardcore and evil, rather than tormented, tortured and feral look. All I want to see is if the infection forms appear sticking out of their chests like in the other games.

That's what made the Flood terrifying to begin with is that they were feral, tortured and tormented. Introducing the Gravemind in Halo 2 and implying the Flood was a colony organism was a huge let down, and made them less scary.
Truth be told, I've seen a lot of horror movies and games, but none of those really gave me nightmares. Not even Dead Space (for me, Dead Space and F.E.A.R. are probably the scariest games I've played) But after playing the first Halo, I did have re-occurring nightmares where I was fleeing with my Wife and kid to escape the flood.
But the new Flood look like they came straight out of Doom 3, which the Doom 3 bad guy's weren't much to brag about to begin with.
I really don't like the direction that the creative team is taking. They are trying really hard to reinvent Halo by taking obvious design elements from other games. That's what made Halo great in the first place, now Halo 4 looks like another "B" grade sci-fi game that you play online for free.
Like I've said before, Halo is going to end up like Star Wars: The old trilogy was great and set the standard, and the new trilogy has a big name, full of eye candy and has little to offer compared to the old trilogy.

That's what made the Flood terrifying to begin with is that they were feral, tortured and tormented. Introducing the Gravemind in Halo 2 and implying the Flood was a colony organism was a huge let down, and made them less scary.
Truth be told, I've seen a lot of horror movies and games, but none of those really gave me nightmares. Not even Dead Space (for me, Dead Space and F.E.A.R. are probably the scariest games I've played) But after playing the first Halo, I did have re-occurring nightmares where I was fleeing with my Wife and kid to escape the flood.
But the new Flood look like they came straight out of Doom 3, which the Doom 3 bad guy's weren't much to brag about to begin with.
I really don't like the direction that the creative team is taking. They are trying really hard to reinvent Halo by taking obvious design elements from other games. That's what made Halo great in the first place, now Halo 4 looks like another "B" grade sci-fi game that you play online for free.
Like I've said before, Halo is going to end up like Star Wars: The old trilogy was great and set the standard, and the new trilogy has a big name, full of eye candy and has little to offer compared to the old trilogy.

In my opinion, I think you are going a bit overboard with the reference to the Star Wars Trilogy... I mean, you haven't even played H4 yet, but allready you dismiss the choices 343i have taken. Sure, I can relate to your comment about the "Flood". They were way scary in Halo 1 and I found them scary in Halo 2 too (still hear the screams of those things... :eek) and I agree with you that they look like they were taken from Doom. But I do think this is an improvement on the earlier "zombie" gametypes that were in H3 and in Reach. Those were just black Spartans... whats up with that? So giving them this flood-like form actually is a good choice in my perspective... maybe a copied one, but still a good choice.

To degrade H4 to being "another B-grade sci-fi game that you play online for free" is just trolling or ridiculing the game to make a solid statement. I know Halo 1, 2 were awesome and Halo 3 was still great in my book (ODST and Wars were different but I enjoyed them nonetheless), but truth be told that the Halo series needed some dusting off the 'old' and introducing something new! I mean, playing the Reach MP bored me faster than any other Halo-related MP did... Seeing the MP now... I must say that I am impressed with the amount of detail they are throwing in the MP. The sound and graphics are awesome (!) and the gameplay looks balanced... By what is judgeable looking at vids... Even more impressive is the fact that they shoved in a new enemy-weapon class and still hold up that balance or so it seems, I still have to judge that myself! I must say that the maps look good too... something that always worries me, but from what I have seen... GO 343i.

I'm not even going to start on the SP as that just speaks for itself. There is so much epicness going on in the trailer that that almost can't fail *or is my fanboyism getting the better of me here...* The storyline between Cortana and the Chief... I really look forward to seeing that grow even more :cool Oh yeah, the Prometheans look like they are going to be worthy adversaries too! Is it the 6th allready?

No disrespect here but this just popped up in my reply box ;) I love your weapon thread btw!

/n00b rant off/

I haven't come back in a long time, and after reading this it made me sadface. This is i343's first chance, they have a very large chance to pull this off.

I'm not referring to gameplay, actually it looks really good and I'm excited to play it, I just have a problem with the visual designs.
I'm just not impressed with 343's visual designs, as they look like they come from other games. I'm not saying that Halo 4 is a "B" grade game, it just looks like a "B" grade game, because other "B" grade games do the same thing; borrow other games designs.
But to put a more positive light on things, there are some things in Halo 4 that I do like so far, such as the MA5D, which I might make (At least borrow some design elements from it)

very awesome pics! but im kinda disappointed with the elites and grunts but i think the jackles look badass

Hey guys just a quikie about Fowar unto Down ... take a look a those brand new suits ;) .... I think you guys will enjoy those !

jenna%20berman%203.jpg

I just can't wait to see what kelly and fred will do in this live action :)

When Did they ever have Mk Vb?I don't remember that anywhere....
On the bright side, kelly does resemble the one from legends (even though it was...well... legends :p) And I think that the paleness of the actors is actually a cool attention to detail. Since most spartans don't go around without armor, and always have it on, no sun, no tan :p haha

that is hilairious fred and kelly have cannon mk5b armor while master cheif has what is supposed to be mk4 armor
but looks more along the line of the mk6 but you know what ever lets not worry about making sense

I am not looking forward to mech. But I am looking forward to seeing what 343 does with Cortana's rampancy.

"Whatsup guys"

"Thought I'll jump in"

halo-4-trailer-produced-by-david-fincher-0.jpg

Halo 4 live action launch trailer coming on the 18th of october, directed by David Fincher(!)

I think that Cortana is growing up, and I love that. From being angst and sometimes passive aggressive in CE, to being broken and weak in Halo3, we have seen her evolve into woman, and the fact that the visual style reflects her maturity is great. I cant wait to see how her and chief interact, especially with her coming to terms with her mortality and her lack of control.

cortanacomp.png

I'll always like h2 cortana the best, anyone notice how she's been getting more blue? that honestly kind of annoys me for no reason XD

I did not lol....it's funny how over the years nobody has mentioned that,little things like that are just funny.

I think that Cortana is growing up, and I love that. From being angst and sometimes passive aggressive in CE, to being broken and weak in Halo3, we have seen her evolve into woman, and the fact that the visual style reflects her maturity is great. I cant wait to see how her and chief interact, especially with her coming to terms with her mortality and her lack of control.

cortanacomp.png

Me either. From experiences in Halo 2 and 3, I'm really looking forward to how she looses her head!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back