Cqb Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Fang

one of my friends asked me if i could make him a lamp out of a cqb helmet im wondering can this be done ive already worked some of the it outbut manly im wondering if the helmet would melt and what size i should scale it

I don't see why it couldn't be done. If you used an LED light (they sell LED bulbs for regular table lamps) then there would be no risk of the helmet heating up since LED's don't put out any heat. An LED bulb will also last longer and glow brighter, which would be good to better illuminate the helmlight. I'd be interested to see pictures of a finished helmlight if you pull this off.

carpathiavh99 said:
I don't see why it couldn't be done. If you used an LED light (they sell LED bulbs for regular table lamps) then there would be no risk of the helmet heating up since LED's don't put out any heat. An LED bulb will also last longer and glow brighter, which would be good to better illuminate the helmlight. I'd be interested to see pictures of a finished helmlight if you pull this off.

thanks i'll have to look for those i havent bought a lamp i want to use yet i figured i get the dimensions on the helmet right. before i buy a lamp to fit it i still need to figure out some things before i start on it. cuz i havent figured out how to get it to get the light to come out of the visor like he asked

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a theory on how to ensure the light comes out of the visor. You could either paint the inside of the helmet white, or line it with a reflective material (like aluminum foil, chrome plating or even a series of mirrors). That would make the light bounce around the inside of the helmet very brightly and should backlight the visor nicely. Although it would also come out of the bottom of the helmet. Unless this is a feature you're interested in, you'll have to block the light from escaping out the bottom somehow.

id have to talk to my friend if he woudlnt mind it coming out of the bottom but i kind alike the idea of it coming out of the bottom

sorry for the double post but i think i may have an idea for a lamp base. instead of mounting the light inside the helmet i was thing of finding a way to take a light base and with ether magnets or slide in posts dont know the real name for them to have the light as the base and it shining thru the helmet like a rear screen projector tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back