Soft Parts Creating the PERFECT undersuit: A discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see what others are talking about! I would love to see what Friendly does, Heck I would buy something from you Friendly if say its possible! Do you have a sample of what can do?

For me I was gonna go the Latex route since I am also building a Pred suit and that is gonna require using Latex as the skin. The guy that is helping me build the suit is liking the idea of going the latex route and thinks it should look great for the undersuit. Yes it will be hot but heck, looking somewhat close to the real thing will help out. Yes it will be expensive but its another idea that is being put into the pot of other ideas!

Eh, not an under necro. The undersuit section doesn't get much lovin'.

No offense Zen, please post something that's a bit more constructive on these quieter threads :)

WetOkole said:
Interesting to see what others are talking about! I would love to see what Friendly does, Heck I would buy something from you Friendly if say its possible! Do you have a sample of what can do?

I know a lady who's an awesome seamstress. If you take a look at Wrigley's Altair costume, there's a pretty good sample. She did that with only poor reference pictures and no measurements for about $70. As soon as I make armor, I'm going to her for an undersuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skullcandy Girl said:
No offense Zen, please post something that's a bit more constructive on these quieter threads :)

a bit more constructive?

I would buy one of those neckseals in an instant, how is that not constructive?,

i didnt say it was bad did i? because it isnt bad, its awesome...

tsuyosa said:
Hmm... honestly? here's my suggestion. Also, i can't believe i didn't think of this before (As i have on that would work perfectly.)

Find an OLD wet-suit that fits...

I'm talkin like something from the seventies (Go to a thrift store even)

The whole look of the MC's undersuit depends on it conforming to his body. So if you're forming a pattern like that... Use what is best suited. A wetsuit! And go from there. You can find old ones for CHEAP!

Not to mention, if you indeed, DO use pleather... remember that it's elastic properties are actually very similar to a wetsuits'. So when you form your pattern you should actually come quite close :) (heck, even the zipper placement is just about perfect!)

I've been putting a LOT of thought into the construction of this. Once I draw up a final design i'll post it here.

I found a wetsuit at a flea market for $5! So it would be a good idea to check their too.

Has anyone seen this guys 3d work?

http://www.kolbyjukes.com/images/work/mast...ef_bodysuit.jpg

[attachment=6316:master_c...bodysuit.jpg]

I think thats not a bad base design.
Full head to toe Silicone rubber with a matte finish, charcoal black.
Then all the detailing over the top.

Some of the inner thighs ive seen here are built onto the armor, but after seeing alot of reference shots it looks like its part of the under suit.. Im planing to make the inner thighs out of silicone rubber or something similar separate from the armor.

I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this but while I was watching the Mississippi State vs. Auburn game i had an epiphany. Why not take some old football pads, like the ones on the legs, and cut them to fit the shapes that you wanted. You could also use something like UnderArmor or some cheaper version and attach the sections to the underside. Possibly even sew backing around the areas to hold them in place and to bring out the details a little better. Just a thought.

DYSTORTED INC said:
I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this but while I was watching the Mississippi State vs. Auburn game i had an epiphany. Why not take some old football pads, like the ones on the legs, and cut them to fit the shapes that you wanted. You could also use something like UnderArmor or some cheaper version and attach the sections to the underside. Possibly even sew backing around the areas to hold them in place and to bring out the details a little better. Just a thought.

pretty smart

but i think just going out and buying underarmor is alot more convenient and less of a hassle

........Woah.......

Next time someone decides to open the Necronomicon, say the words CORRECTLY before you close it...

tsuyosa said:
But I'm very curious as to why it *seems* NO-ONE has made any kind of attempt at an accurate body-suit? Is it because of lack of reference? Or because too much of the "would be" undersuit material is hidden by the armour. (Even then, no-one seems to try and get the stuff that is visible).

You read my mind, but I had never thought of doing it myself becuase... well I'm dirt poor right now.

and instead of cardboard place holders you might be interested in using so low def pep files so that you have a scale representation of what will be there.

also you that neck seal is AMAZING!

as for the water cooling you might look into nascar equipment the drivers use them.

also I always thought of making the suit into a bit of a muscle suit so that both the amour and the under suit resemble a more spartan like appearance rather than a little kid in an armored suit

EDIT

oh snap I did realize just how old this thread was DAM, but still is amazingly awesome

Spawn Camp3r said:
You read my mind, but I had never thought of doing it myself becuase... well I'm dirt poor right now.

and instead of cardboard place holders you might be interested in using so low def pep files so that you have a scale representation of what will be there.

also you that neck seal is AMAZING!

as for the water cooling you might look into nascar equipment the drivers use them.

also I always thought of making the suit into a bit of a muscle suit so that both the amour and the under suit resemble a more spartan like appearance rather than a little kid in an armored suit

EDIT

oh snap I did realize just how old this thread was DAM, but still is amazingly awesome

As it was said, necro has no meaning here. There are so little post in this forum to begin with. Anyway, on the muscle suit idea, Indy Mogul did a BFX build that could easily be modified for the use you're thinking of or maybe even in someways f for under suit detail.

let me fetch ya the link.

Here ya go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj1t_ZdDv-s

Just to add a little motivation to this; I have this project planned for this summer when I won't be in school and should have a lot more time. I wont be making a muscle suit persay because that on top of the molded detail of the undersuit would be far too hot.

;) just a little sneak peak and hopefully some loving will be given to this section.

Wow, this thread is the definition of necroposting! Notice that the author of this thread hasn't posted in it since October of 2007. Let this thread rest in peace.

Unique Name said:
This is the undersuit forum. Necro has no meaning here.

Need we say more. As tetsu said, there was too little reference material in here anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back