Custom Mjolnir based on Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I was looking at your concepts, and I was wondering: Am I right in assuming that there's some Games workshop inspiration in it? haha anyways, your concepts look awesome im really looking forward to seeing how this goes!

You know, I was looking at your concepts, and I was wondering: Am I right in assuming that there's some Games workshop inspiration in it? haha anyways, your concepts look awesome im really looking forward to seeing how this goes!

I drew them as I wanted them! I used some Reach images for reference, and the rest was actually adopted from Mandalorian designs! ;)

Red. is your name by any chance a play on Fred-109's name?

Always cool to see custom works, keep going man!

Edit: Read up on the OC (Original Character), but had a few issues with his gun.

"His favoured weapon is a custom sniper rifle that he built himself. It operates using electromagnets to propel a projectile several times the speed of sound, hitting the target with pin-point accuracy. Because there are essentially no moving parts, this weapon is almost silent and proves very useful on his covert missions."

Even if the weapon itself is silent (which, in a manner of speaking, all firearms are silent aside from the sounds of clicking and clacking), the bullet is traveling several times the speed of sound. This means the bullet would have to break the sound barrier. That can be very loud. Just my thoughts on it.

Interesting observation, Sumofl... BTW, Fred's tag is 104. :)
I came up with the name even before I knew about Fred. My friends call me Red anyway, so I just added the 109. ;)

On with the gun "problem". This is an interesting concept. True, the firearm itself will be silent, but what of the hypervelocity projectile? But then again, if that's the case, the target will be decimated long before the sonic boom will hit, won't it? Azriel will be long gone by then.

What I am curious to know is that does this problem occur with real world firearms? Won't the projectile be too small to create a sonic boom that is noticeable? Just my thoughts...

Most psyics say that any object of sufficient size can and will break the sound barrier "unless" and here's the kicker, it is of a shape or form that will render the object the ability to cut through the air instead of forcing it's way through. Reds theory stands so long as the projectile is of a certain shape.

I toyed with my own character background like Azriel's. I'll post it later on tomorrow.

My initial Noble 6 helmet turned out to be too small for me (hence the name "long-necked spartan). Earlier today, I tried the armor with my WIP scout helmet. Tell me what you think. Sorry for the low-qual pics... My cousin's no pro! LOL

P9160087.jpg

P9160085.jpg

P9160086.jpg

I may just use the Noble 6 armor for Azriel, with add-ons to define the character.

Did I say Scout? I meant Recon! LOL :) Sorry for that. A friend is making a Scout... am confused... Hehe...

dah tua dah ! MUAHAHA ....

anyway, looks like u having fun wearing it ehh .. with all the pic outside and all .. and yet u say ur suit looks crap at the halo reach launch .. i know a potential armor when i see one , red ... ehehe

Ahh no worries! I was wondering if I'd got them mixed up :D Got plans to make them all and I've just recently pepped that one ;)

MAn, this armor is looking good, bro! DEfinitely keep us posted with pics and such. Congrats on making it look good so far.

dah tua dah ! MUAHAHA ....

I recall someone else referring to himself as "tua" (OLD) :p

Anyway, I hope this armor will make it to KL again in a couple of weeks... Hehehe...

@Sutekhian: I see... well, all the best, man!

@Sean: Will do, sir!

I printed out and started putting together Nightshade's "Bushman ACR" today. It's a smart looking weapon just over 2 feet long. I was planning to use it with Azriel when I realized that it was actually the FN SCAR-L, a real-world weapon! Anyway, it's such a nicely designed rifle that I decided to use it (so what if Azriel uses a 500-year old gun? He's into antiques!). The only problem was that I printed this gun out at 100% (660mm), but the grip seems a bit too small, even for my hands (I'm just 5' 3", btw). I've decided to add custom grips and modify the rifle to make it more "Halo"ish. Any ideas?

Here are some pics:

P9180090.jpg

P9180091.jpg

I recently got some PU foam from Gixxer and will try to use it on this gun. Planning on 2 coats of resin on the outside and a slush coat of resin on the inside before pouring in the foam. Also, I'm going to do this in parts. The gun will only be assembled once it's been foam-filled. Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back