Custom Mjolnir based on Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
After completing Noble 6, I've been working on parts for Azriel. Since I've received comments on how I should keep the "hammered metal" finish on my Noble 6, I think I will use the armor as the basis for Azriel (and thus build another one to replace Noble 6). Here are some progress pics, plus the latest concept of Azriel that I made from a photoshop composite of the various 3D parts that will be involved.

P9240093.jpg

P9240095.jpg

azriel_concept_250910.jpg

And yes, those are ODST shoulders by Kirrou. Other attachments include Jorge's helmet attachment (Spartan-029/Jason02) and shoulder armor, combat knife and Carter's helmet attachment. May also add something to the arms as well. I have new knees being made, and these will be attached to skating knee pads (or will use the same attachment method). I am also replacing some of the boot plates with new ones and new boot toes by AceNat. The weapon will either be a Reach AR or a DMR. Will be adding more detail to the shins and back plate as well. :)

I did some surfacing work on my Recon yesterday and today. Applied some rondo on the surface and filled in really uneven areas with bondo. Was just done with the sanding. I may just leave it as it is because if it's any smoother, it'll look out of place with the armor. Anyway, here are some pics:

P9260102.jpg

P9260105.jpg

P9260103.jpg

P9260104.jpg

Wanted to go ahead and paint the helmet, but Mother Nature had other ideas. Anyway, I'm gonna paint it the same silvery-black as the armor, but with a red stripe down the center. And of course, the shark teeth! :)

Well, guys... As I was typing the previous post, Mother Nature let up and gave me some sunshine. And this was what I was able to do with what she gave me...

P9260111.jpg

P9260110.jpg

P9260117.jpg

P9260115.jpg

As soon as I did the black wash, Mother Nature unleashed another torrent. As such, I was unable to complete the painting of the helmet at this moment. I may try another approach to add the stripe and shark teeth later tonight.

And for those of you who have been wondering how the "hammered metal" effect was achieved, I hope these pics help. :)

*Tip: Apply the black spray paint generously on a small area and lightly dab at it with an old t-shirt. Start at the corners and work your way to the middle, where the paint is thicker.

Just a quick update... :)

Snapshot_20100927_3.jpg

Snapshot_20100927_2.jpg

Snapshot_20100927_1.jpg

I applied the same technique (spray, dab) with the red stripe, then dabbed in some black. I applied some silver to complete the effect. I used a piece of towel cloth and sprayed the silver onto it, then rubbed it on certain spots. Shark teeth coming later. Sorry for the blurry pics, had to use the webcam. :)

I noticed on your concept drawing the left eyepeice covering the visor.

red-109-c2.jpg

I personally think that it would look awesome if you had that peice mounted on your helmet. (Detachable of course.)

Im also kinda curious where you're taking the cloth concept.

Anyways, great work!

Thanks, Tactonyx! The eyepiece was supposed to be integrated with a backward-facing camera and is supposed to give me a live feed, sort of like a third eye. It is designed to be removable, of course. :)

Like I've explained in his back story, the cloth pieces are to break up his silhouette (like a ghillie suit would) and the cape gave him the illusion of "wings", hence the name Azriel, Angel of Death. I'm very much into loose pieces of cloth hanging from my armor, though. Just like the rough look of it, in contrast to the sharp, crisp lines of the Mjolnir armor. ;)

dude I may have to borrow your idea and add an assassin's creed flare to my armor... this is so cool!

Go ahead, be my guest!

excellent work on your armor. I really like the unique creative touch you put into it.

Thanks, Sabre! I was just wondering, are you on Hunter's Lair as well?

wow... REALLY nice. you make it look sooo easy, i cant even make the combat knife! :(

It's not as easy as it looks, CPO. Thanks for the comment!

Anyway, I attended the closing ceremony for the 1Malaysia Contemporary Arts Tourism programme yesterday. I wore the suit for 7 hours from morning till late afternoon, half of the time I had my helmet on. There were no major issues with it, just the handplates and heel plates that came off.

Here are a few pics:

33690_157702840921262_100000446406273_382064_6705606_n.jpg

Shaking hands with the Secretary of Tourism

61494_157699654254914_100000446406273_382032_3084203_n.jpg

"Don't worry sir, we have a Spartan on the ground. We're not going anywhere..."

37078_435246706934_631086934_5354568_1573849_n.jpg

Helping this guy promote his event. He loved it!​

Pics thanks to contemporary artist TC Liew and MGTF-USM.

Here's another pic with some lecturers and students at the event.

36182_477553554273_260577709273_6740833_5029730_n.jpg

Those who are still wondering what I'm doing at a tourism event, mixing around with politicians and academics... well I am a contemporary artist in Penang, Malaysia. I am promoting costuming as an art form that I call art.we.ar. My armored creations are actually my artworks, and I have had several costume exhibitions and workshops under my belt.

So, I guess this is my bit in helping the general public become aware of what we do... :)

Like I've explained in his back story, the cloth pieces are to break up his silhouette (like a ghillie suit would) and the cape gave him the illusion of "wings", hence the name Azriel, Angel of Death. I'm very much into loose pieces of cloth hanging from my armor, though. Just like the rough look of it, in contrast to the sharp, crisp lines of the Mjolnir armor. ;)

Actually, I do remember you mentioning it. Sorry, I do forget a lot, (Theres like six motion pictures in my head that are playing at the same time, easy to forget and get distracted) But I like where it's going. Keep up the great work!

Nice progress Red-109! Excellent pics. Can't wait to see more.

Cheers!

My armored creations are actually my artworks

that is very true, as i have been reading the forums and seeing all the amazing aromors out there, i can positively say that each one is one-of-a-kind and should be considered an art form.

the 405th should have a museum of all the top notch armors that have been made, that would be the coolest thing ever. LOL. love your armor btw.

Actually, I do remember you mentioning it. Sorry, I do forget a lot, (Theres like six motion pictures in my head that are playing at the same time, easy to forget and get distracted) But I like where it's going. Keep up the great work!

LOL! No problem, Tac!

Nice progress Red-109! Excellent pics. Can't wait to see more.

Cheers!

Coming soooooon!

that is very true, as i have been reading the forums and seeing all the amazing aromors out there, i can positively say that each one is one-of-a-kind and should be considered an art form.

the 405th should have a museum of all the top notch armors that have been made, that would be the coolest thing ever. LOL. love your armor btw.

I agree, Noble 1. I think that's what the "Elite" section of the forums is for. The best of the best in this site. I humbly do not think my suit belongs there as yet, though. Nonetheless, I am working towards it!

Thats how I feel about my guns. Can't wait to see more of this and other armor projects:)

Your guns are indeed works of art, sir!

I will be posting more pics of the development of this armor and other works that I'm working on. However, due to the passing of my father to the Netherworld, progress on armor and other projects had taken a back seat. As the only son, I need to take charge and take care of things...

That said, I'm back! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back