Custom Project By RT WIP (Pic Heavy) New Pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok just to let everybody know i have lost my internet so any updats and acticity from me will be limited severly mtill i get it back mup. BUT on the plus side i now have That much more time to work on my armor and get it done before halloween. So Wish me luck and Keep building 405th RT Out.

Picless Update.

Yes Sadly ive lost me Camera again...=.=....Stupid Gremlins. Anyway An Update. I redid the back of my Noble Six Helmet (Extended it to make room for Fans and Wiring) And have begun working again on My Friends Kat Helmet and Female reach Chest, along with my Boom Stick (Grenade Launcher). Just juggling the three over time. Wish me luck and ill post more pics as soon as i can. Keep Building 405th RT Out.

can you please pm me the download link when you are finished with the reach grenade launcher, i will be so grateful.

Ok, Go to the Official reach Pepakura Database, Page 211, A Guy named Raven_7 Unfolded it. I Checked the link and its still Good. Best of luck man, and not to sound downing or anything Its been a build i have been staying away from lately because well, It scares the hell out of me. But Still Best of Luck to you, and lets build em together well eh?

Armor Update!!

Ok Guys after a Bit of a quiet time im baaack. And This time i brought some Pics that i Hope you will enjoy.

This is The HD Left Boot i just recently Finished

100_3325.jpg

100_3326.jpg

Aaaaannd i think you guys know what this thing is.

100_3332.jpg

Mind you this was a little five minute Dry run of a Bonus to the Project im Doing. Please do tell me what you think.

its comin along great bro! just get some resin on that puppy and you will just start to fly through the rest! or, come to a screeching halt (fiberglass work is a pain sometimes). BUT! dont let is discourage you, finish the fight! everyone here is glad to lend their helpful voice :)

p.s.
i love that scull! where did you get it?

its comin along great bro! just get some resin on that puppy and you will just start to fly through the rest! or, come to a screeching halt (fiberglass work is a pain sometimes). BUT! dont let is discourage you, finish the fight! everyone here is glad to lend their helpful voice :)

p.s.
i love that scull! where did you get it?

Lol i made it. I Got lucky to find a Box of them at a yard Sale, there were like forty in the box for 2 bucks and i knew i could make something with them and i plan on making and Painting up the skulls for one of each of the skulls in Reach as an Accessory to my Armor.

Lol i made it. I Got lucky to find a Box of them at a yard Sale, there were like forty in the box for 2 bucks and i knew i could make something with them and i plan on making and Painting up the skulls for one of each of the skulls in Reach as an Accessory to my Armor.

That's awesome! Those skulls are perfect!

Thanks Lol, I plan on putting up pics and such of how exactly im going to do it, These skulls will need to be sanded and painted to look more Game like before anything though.

Oh of course, make them look like they actually came out of someone's head and has been sitting for a while haha. Are you going to etch the skull effect into it, or just draw/paint them on once you do more to them?

Oh of course, make them look like they actually came out of someone's head and has been sitting for a while haha. Are you going to etch the skull effect into it, or just draw/paint them on once you do more to them?

Most likely i will be etching them into the skulls, But the plastic is a little thin so i was thinking i could go over it with some bondo to not only smooth out the ridges but give me a pliable Substance to etch the designs into, Plus it will make them more round as well.

OuO MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM RESIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok yes i shall admit my Title to this post was a "Tiny" bit extreme he-he, But i have build news, as of tomorrow i am getting my hands on two yes i said two gallons of resin which should be enough for my Ginormous suit. (I Hope T^T at 40 Bucks a Gallon). And yes of course not to make this a pic less update. ( I don't like those) I Have a special treat for a custom addition to my armor plans. I Know in the beginning i planned NOT to do a Cod piece because lets face it im *Clears throat* Round so it wouldnt fit right or so i thought. I Printed one out (Reach Cod by Zero202) started assembling and it fits. But i got to looking at it and I saw it wasn't going to be enough so here as some Concept pics of what i plan on adding to the Cod Piece.

Ok On The front of the cod piece I Plan on adding a wider covering than what originally comes with the file. This of course will be hinged.

Untitled.png

And on the reverse side (The Back) i plan on adding some detail shutter, That will also be hinged.

Untitled2.png

All of these pieces come from Hughs ODST files. Thanks much Man!

>:i resin!!! Blarg!

Okay! I have finally begun stage two, Resin application to thickened paper molded armor. =v=. Ok to get serious i got up a little late today (4 in the afternoon...) So i had little sunlight left to work on the three pieces i chose to do today. My Shin, Gauntlet, and a Hip-plate. So now onto the pictures, which all of you are really here for :p

First off a pic of the three resined pieces. Starring me...in the blue hat <:3
ShinGauntletHipPlateResined2.jpg

Now a pic of a closer view of my Shin piece the one i was focusing on the most because there were parts that i had taped because i ran out of superglue.

ShinGauntletHipPlateResined.jpg

I Plan on working diligently tomorrow and finishing If i can My Thighs, The other shin, my other gauntlet, my other hip plate, And if time permits my Helmet.

Armor Update Again.

Ok guys and gals of the 405th i have had my happy fume time today with resin and am very happy to say i have applied resin to a substantial amount of pieces. First up in our gallery is a Simple Gungnir Knee i Changed over to this knee because it gives my knee more cover than what i had originally picked out.
100_3344.jpg

Next Up is one of the two Jorge shoulders im making, The Shoulder was designed By Rhinoc.
100_3343.jpg

Im Very happy with the idea that came to me using a three liter bottle of soda (Empty) That i had lying around. After i applied the resin i left it to sit on the side of the bottle and it gave it its PERFECT Roundness that i was hoping for.

Ok and finally the Crown jewel of the work i managed to do today was my Right Reach Thigh designed by Spartan-029. Thanks for the design.
Angle 1
100_3345.jpg

Angle 2
100_3346.jpg

And Finally Angle 3
100_3347.jpg

Thats all of the Build pics i have today but now there is some time left for a bit of Comedy. After finishing the resin for today I had to run inside to answer my phone and left the brush in my resin bucket as can be seen here.
100_3351.jpg

This picture was taken by my father he thought it was funny because i heard him laughing when i came back outside. Mind you i had only been on the phone for about 15 to 20 minutes. And lo and behold i found out what he was laughing about. And here's why...
100_3350.jpg

Needless to say i got the Kick time that i wanted down and the angled brush proves that xD lol. Well Thats all for today. But before I go i do wish to say a few words to the 405th.

Today i actually took a few minutes to step back and look at all of the work i have accomplished in such a short time. And i think i've done a lot. But i realized that i also had the help, support and encouragement of a lot of people like Trooper-114, Thorn696, and SatchmoIII To only name a few. If i missed your name its because so many people have helped with tips, tricks, and just plain wisdom so From me to all of the 405th thank you very much for keeping me motivated with awesome builds, awesome people, and overall awesomeness. Keep Building 405th. RT Out.

LOL I hate it when the brush dries in the resin, this has happened to me numerous times, especially when I resin in the direct sunlight, anyways it looks like you are progressing with your build, the resin and hardening the inside parts have to be the worse part of the build, I hate the process, I switched to using Smooth Cast 321 for hardening, and now I can have the part hardened and ready for bondo work in less than half the time doing it the fiberglass and resin process, but your doing a great job keep it going and you will have a complete set of armor in no time

LOL I hate it when the brush dries in the resin, this has happened to me numerous times, especially when I resin in the direct sunlight, anyways it looks like you are progressing with your build, the resin and hardening the inside parts have to be the worse part of the build, I hate the process, I switched to using Smooth Cast 321 for hardening, and now I can have the part hardened and ready for bondo work in less than half the time doing it the fiberglass and resin process, but your doing a great job keep it going and you will have a complete set of armor in no time

Thanks man, Appreciate the Kudos. Coming from you its a true motivator for my build. And as for the Smooth Cast 321 ill have to try that and see. but at the moment i only have resin and no bondo so it will be in the future that i will try that. But i look forward to continuing on with this build. Luckily today i had managed to put all my dried pieces away before the rains came cause that would have ended badly for me.

there we go! get some good hard work done! hahah. the build is coming along great bro, cant wait to see how that "cod mod" (i crack myself up :p) comes out. if all ends well, i might have to snag that rear pate from you.
and regarding the dried resin in brushes bit. i have an old gravy bowl from dennys, and its super thick, and not that big, and i just line it with foil and put resin in it. well, when i'd get done with the resin/brush, i would just pull the brush handle, and it would pop the foil/resin/brush mess out like a homemade popcicle, made clean up a breeze because i could just wrap the foil around the brush and not have to worry about anything sticking to anything and making a mess :p
happy building!

i just line it with foil and put resin in it. well, when i'd get done with the resin/brush, i would just pull the brush handle, and it would pop the foil/resin/brush mess out like a homemade popcicle

Lol thanks But thats the thing i got that brush for a dollar from my local Hardware store so it came pretty cheap and it got the job done well. And i just cut the bottom off of a milk jug and used that so in either instance wasnt really a cost loss for me which im happy for. And i do like your play on words lol "Cod Mod". The files are available from Hughes and i plan on making a detailed walkthrough as to how im going to put all thsi stuff together when i get around to it.

Lol thanks But thats the thing i got that brush for a dollar from my local Hardware store so it came pretty cheap and it got the job done well. And i just cut the bottom off of a milk jug and used that so in either instance wasnt really a cost loss for me which im happy for. And i do like your play on words lol "Cod Mod". The files are available from Hughes and i plan on making a detailed walkthrough as to how im going to put all thsi stuff together when i get around to it.

oh nice! i didnt realize he had them up. i used to use the milk jug trick as well, but i felt i was using too much resin. the small bowl helps by limiting the space i can use for resin, thus, cutting my unneeded resin loss :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back