Custom Project By RT WIP (Pic Heavy) New Pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh nice! i didnt realize he had them up. i used to use the milk jug trick as well, but i felt i was using too much resin. the small bowl helps by limiting the space i can use for resin, thus, cutting my unneeded resin loss :p

That works well too but me i work with just a little bit at a time cause i can always add more to it before i can take away.

And Hopefully tonight ill finish pepping my other shin (Again) and then tomorrow i should be able to pep my other knee and Boot so i can finally finish getting the first coat of resin on all of my leg armor.

More Shtuff Done.

Ok here are the latest pieces i have managed to put resin on on this Bright sunny day today ^v^. I Was for once happy the weather man was wrong lol.

A Bicep to make Arnold Jealous.
100_3359.jpg

I Bet you Gucci and Prada never made Shoes like this before.
100_3360.jpg

And now both of my shoulders shall be equally protected.
100_3361.jpg

Armor Update Of The Ages.

Ok Guys well i have been busy and this is going to be a very big post with lots of pics for you to enjoy!

First up a Little post resin mock up of all of the pieces i have applied resin to.

103_1974.jpg

Pics of my Resin soaked helmet. Im very happy how it came out. :D

Angle 1
103_1982.jpg

Angle 2
103_1983.jpg

Angle 3
103_1984.jpg

And a close up top view for Angle 4.
103_1985.jpg

A Little extra one of Me Cheesin :D
103_1986.jpg

Moving on to the second biggest piece is the chest. This was a pain at first but i got past the pain by covering a Five gallon Bucket with a black trash bag and setting it on top of that. Id really only recommend that for big guys like me but there can be adaptations to be sure. Here are the pics.

Angle 1
103_1979.jpg

Angle 2 (Yeah the part thats slanted collapsed during the curing process so i plan on fixing that when i do the second coat.
103_1980.jpg

A Overhead shot of my Double Collar setup.
103_1981.jpg

And every time i open my shop and i see this staring me in the face....
103_1987.jpg

Yeah i DEFINITELY Feel like a superhero xD!!

Very nice, dude! Love the double collar idea!

Keep it up!

Thanks! ^v^ Its been fun so far But in the last picture i notices that my helmet doesnt fit between the two collar pieces lol, something else i have to fix. But hey its part of the project.

Looking good man, getting closer to bondo time, thats when the fun begins

Yeah but i have to survive the fiberglass stage first :/ Thats bound to be fun.

Woot! looking great! Hopefully that piece that collapsed wont give you too much trouble...

Its Probably going to be an easy fix at least im hoping it will. I woke up real early today and it supposed to be sunny and bright out so im going to be getting A LOT of work done today. so expect another big update.

EDIT: Well i misplaced my trust in the weather man sice its rainging sideways outside. But this does give me some down time to pep the rest of my armor. So an update will happen nonetheless.

Back From the Dead!! (So to speak)

Well guys and Gals im back again just been super busy with real life (School and work) havent had much time to post online but I have gotten A LOT of work done. And i will have pics up and shining sometime after sleep. So thank you bearing with me, and waiting patiently for more pics i know you shall enjoy them. Keep Buiding 405th RT Out!

Photo Time!!!

OK Guys some Quick Pics of my Progress.

100_3640.jpg

100_3641.jpg

100_3642.jpg

100_3643.jpg

Ok so in my fiberglassing i decided to go with the rip apart cloth instead of the weaved micro-Fiber Cloth because of the Angular possibilities that are not offered with Microweaved. Plus its a little cheaper and in this business you have to Save every penny you can ! :D.
100_3647.jpg

100_3646.jpg

100_3645.jpg

100_3644.jpg

Well there you have it. I hope to try and get more pics up Tomorrow night. Keep Building 405th RT Out.

Looking good, I cant wait until i am done with my pep so I can start the "fun part". keep it up man

that chest piece looks WAYWAYWAYWAY TOO SMALL on you.

Thats because my dear friend, ;D That was a Fit Test. d ^v^ b After sizing it up and getting everything resined it fits perfectly with little to no bend and sway. And i havent fiberglassed it yet. xD Most people dont know, But I have made costumes before, Just not out of paper lol.

Looking really good. As for you're part that on a slant, heat it. You can bend it a little before you get to the next step. A good blow-dryer or heat gun. I can't wait to see what you post next this should be a great build.

Looking really good. As for you're part that on a slant, heat it. You can bend it a little before you get to the next step. A good blow-dryer or heat gun. I can't wait to see what you post next this should be a great build.

Thanks for keeping tabs and im going to be posting as much as i can with as many pics as i can in the next few days so keep an eye out.

Woot!! After some Hard work and Hard wiring I got my work shop set up :D!! Now I can work in and Out of the rain. d >u< b More pics to come later.

Looking froody so far, can't wait to see your finished suit - I have yet to complete one I'm happy with :/

Looking froody so far, can't wait to see your finished suit - I have yet to complete one I'm happy with :/

I hardly think that i will ever make a suit that i am 110% happy with. which is why i will probably keep on constructing armor forever and ever lol.

I hardly think that i will ever make a suit that i am 110% happy with. which is why i will probably keep on constructing armor forever and ever lol.
Doesn't help that my suit(s?) were made on the budget of $30 ... with the one I'm currently working on might turn out well though -using expanding foam insulation :D
My workshop is my dorm room, so no resin for me... heck, bondo would be pushing it :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back