Custom Project By RT WIP (Pic Heavy) New Pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appetizer Update.

Ok Today is the start of a new sunshiny day :D!! And here are a few pics to hold you guys over till i get some more work done and more pics taken that will be uploaded later today.

And so for you viewing pleasure An Emile Kukri Knife. This is Number one and im debating on making a second. But before i do that im going to harden and reinforce it first to see how it does. Plus this one was kind of a pain so im not sure i want to make a second :/ Haven't decided.

100_3654.jpg

100_3655.jpg

100_3656.jpg

Ok And for those of you whom are wondering YES i left the bottom out of the knife for i plan on filling it with some sort of substance to give it weight and rigidity.

100_3657.jpg

Ok Just out of a little Humor while the Resin Cures, I shall do a Mini Tut on how i am Making the Halo Skulls That are going to go with my Costume.

Part One:

Step one we take out our little friend Yorick. (A Little cheap Plastic Halloween decoration. 1$ at Dollar Tree)

100_3658.jpg

Thnen using an X-acto knife or other sharp blade, score over the bottom part of the jaw where it meets the top Cranium space of your skull. After two or three runs it should come off.

100_3659.jpg

And then it will look like this.

100_3660.jpg

(And yes to answer your questions He DID See an ultra rare super limited edition holographic promo charizard pokemon card behind me....hence why his jaw dropped = -=...)

Stay tuned for part two! (Whenever i get the materials)

New Update Pics!!!

Ok after a few days of hard work and Shtuff i have managed to get a lot done. At least id like to think i have. Anywho here are my latest pics.

After Much Deliberation i have decided to go without any guns to fit with my character design. And Since i hav not figured out how to make my Gravity Axe yet im sticking with four grenades and Two Kukri Knives. As seen here vvv
100_3670.jpg

And here are various pics of Completed Stuff.

Cod Piece Resined Only.
100_3671.jpg

Biceps Pepped and Resined. (The last ones i made were WAY to damaged after my nieces got a hold of them so i went and made a pair from Reach.)
100_3672.jpg

With the addition of the Pepped and Resined Fanny Pack, all of the Cod Mod Pieces are Done.
100_3674.jpg

Both handplates are finished.
100_3678.jpg

And the rest of the pics are of stuff i have Fiberglassed.
Knees:
100_3680.jpg

Thighs and Shins:
100_3679.jpg

One Hip Plate, The Front Plate, And the heel of one Boot:
100_3673.jpg

Thats all the pics updates i have for now, Look for more in a few more days.

Ok Update time, Sadly again no pics, Dont have my Camera. Just a heads up though that i have gotten all of my stuff glassed and got two quarts of bondo and some sand paper so ill be able to get a move on to the bondo and sanding stage! Yay much fun! It may be a few days though until I get my camera back and get some pictures taken and put up online. So Until then Keep Building 405th RT out.

*Sigh* Another picless update. I wish to inform all of you that i may very well finish my suit before i get my camera back. I have all the grenades, and both of my knives resin-filled sanded and ready for paint. Along with most of my other pieces, Im still sanding the helmet down and getting it all smooth and ready for paint. I hope to update soon with pics. Until then Keep Building 405th RT Out.

HAPPY BIRFDAY TO ME!!! ^v^ Today is my brthday and i gots a new camera!!! :D SO As soon as i figure out how it works i shall flood this post with an edit of Pics for an Update!!! :D.

haha! happy bday :D glad to see this is coming along well for ya. getting a little envious cause mine has stalled out for the moment, but will be back to it in no time great work my friend great work :D

Ok Here We Go!!!! There are a lot of pics to upload guys so i may have to multi post. Ok first up is the pic of my Casted pair of knives. I sealed the outside with resin the filled the entire inside up with resin and had it hardern. In time i want to use them to try and make molds of Kukri knives.

100_3734.jpg

100_3737.jpg

A Pic of a fiberglassed shoulder and my fiberglassed and split cod piece.

100_3738.jpg

And while on the topic of my Cod piece all of the "Cod Mod' Pieces are glassed and finished.

100_3739.jpg

I Broke down and pepped and glassed a set of Reach gauntlets

100_3740.jpg

100_3741.jpg

Aaaand a set of reach Biceps. This is number one.
100_3742.jpg

And this is number two.
100_3743.jpg

My helmet all shiny and covered in Bondo xD lol. Ive sanded parts of it and i plan on finishing the sanding tomorrow.
100_3744.jpg

100_3745.jpg

100_3746.jpg

And Some one messaged me asking what kind of tools i use in my shop and well here is a pic of that as well. From the top right down is a list of my tools.
My Dremel.
My Air Tool (With Duster nozzle).
My Straight Grinder (with Cutting blade).
My Can opener.
My Brushes(s).
My Angle Grinder (With Buffing Blade).
And yes that is a wrench that i use to tighten the valves on my Grinders.
Also seen in the picture are Resin, Fiberglass, Bondo, and Vinyl Gloves.
100_3748.jpg

Finally!!! A Pic Update :D. And hopefully If all goes as well as it has been so far i truly believe that i will have my suit painted and assembled by the middle of next week IF not earlier. Wish Me Luck!!! :D

To end off a great day of work, I have officially entered the paint stage. Im going with Pumpkin orange and black night metallic. >:D Its an awesome combination i cannot wait to share the pics. But first off to bed then some more work then i shall post pics :D. Till then keep on building 405th RT Out.

Paint has been Slung!!!

OK Guys i promised painted pieces and i have brought just that!!! :D Here they are!

100_3779.jpg

100_3780.jpg

100_3781.jpg

Knife one is finished!!! (Not as good as i hoped it would be but its still cool!)
100_3782.jpg

100_3783.jpg

Orange paint applied!!!.

Ok guys another painted update, I have TWO days, Count them TWO Days until my first showing and this deadline is crunching me heavily, so hopefully things will work out for me. But in all of the hubub i havent forgotten about the peeps who have helped me along all this way. So without further Adue here are some pics.
Both shins and one Bicep Painted with the first color.
100_3784.jpg

The Back of the chest piece as seen from the earlier pictures now has orange as well.
100_3785.jpg

Then the Front piece of the chest, stilla bit of paint work to get done on that one yat.
100_3787.jpg

And finally the last set for this post, One knee pad, and one guantlet painted with orange First coat.
100_3786.jpg

Hope you guys like my progress and i hope that my showing will go off well. But how im going to find a Visor in two days is beyond me = -=. Never the less, Wish me luck.

Dude, rt, I've never commented on your thread, but you've got once sexy original build. It's looking amazing dude, and you totally look beast in your suit

Dude, rt, I've never commented on your thread, but you've got once sexy original build. It's looking amazing dude, and you totally look beast in your suit

Lol thanks man Appreciate it, Lately though a lot of people have been calling me a walking traffic cone xD ROFL. But My fav color is orange and i have rarely seen any orange Halo Custom suits out there. So here is hoping my the end of friday night, i can add another one to the pile ^v^. Keep on building 405th RT Out.

P.S. GUMMY BEARS FOR ALL!!!
ATTACH]

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6U_vvIsJpM0ZvD9Ri3_ydht1gbF4AYQukcTb-0Gqzm660dPI8.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6U_vvIsJpM0ZvD9Ri3_ydht1gbF4AYQukcTb-0Gqzm660dPI8.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 166
    17 KB · Views: 175
    17 KB · Views: 168
    17 KB · Views: 138
Build is looking good, Im looking forward to seeing everything done. I also like the orange color. I do have one question, for the knives did you use straight resin or was it a resin bondo mixture?

Build is looking good, Im looking forward to seeing everything done. I also like the orange color. I do have one question, for the knives did you use straight resin or was it a resin bondo mixture?

The first Knife was a test run where i pepped the knife and then filled it up with resin to make it completely solid. It worked pretty well but it left it slightly corrked and with a few lumps here and there on it. now the second one ive finished, (Havent taken pics yet) I did the same as the first using straight resin But instead after it cured i took an Air Grinder and ground off all of the paper and bumps from the pep stage. this gave me a smooth surface that looks like one whole piece with no ridges, Bumps or any major defects. Ahh and i also made the resin Mixture with less Catalyst than reuierd (About half of what was needed). It took it about a day or two to Fully cure but it is very very sturdy. In fact i tossed it in the air and failed to catch it breaking A Glass table i have outside...= -=. Hope this helps. Keep Building 405th RT Out.

You seem to be moving along nicely. I wish you well on you're deadline, and I for one am looking forward to seeing you all suit'ed up.

You seem to be moving along nicely. I wish you well on you're deadline, and I for one am looking forward to seeing you all suit'ed up.

Thanks, But the only thing that is stifling me on the dead line is a visor, idont have one in the works, i dont have one i can get and i dont have any alternatives. Unless i use plastic bottle as a temporary fix = -=....God I hate deadlines.

Awesomenesssss!!!!!

Whoooo!!! Firs costume part went off without a hitch and everyone loved my outfit, ell what was finished completely anyway lol. and here are some pictures of completed, YES i said COMPLETED parts to my armor!! :D

Chest went from this...
100_3787.jpg

To this!!!
100_3798.jpg

Shins are completed!
100_3796.jpg

100_3797.jpg

Gauntlets are awesome, I mean completed xD!!!
100_3794.jpg

100_3795.jpg

And all i have to do is add a visor to my helmet and BOOM!!! Its done too!
100_3799.jpg

And a pic of me looking snazzy as always :D.
100_3793.jpg

And yes i still have to add weathering and other types of damage to the pieces but hey why sweat the small stuff lol xD? And if more pics are wanted do not hesitate to ask and i shall capture away!! Always happy to share :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back