Daphonic's Mark Vi Wip - {I Has Questions On Latest Post}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daphonic

My Flickr

These are the Pictures i have so far of my WIP. As of Today im doing more filling and sanding, but i have some questions.

1. Where does everyone buy the gold visor for the Helms?

2. Should i CUT out the paper visor while im doing all the Sanding/Detailing?

I ask, because i do want to make a mold of this, to make multi copys.

1) I buy my gold visors off of ebay, which is what I have in my display picture on here.

ebay link

2)you cut out the visor after you fiberglassed and everything, the point of it is to keep the pieces around it from warping so the visor will fit just like the one you made.

ps, your helmet looks AWESOME!

goodluck : )

MikyVengeance said:
1) I buy my gold visors off of ebay, which is what I have in my display picture on here.

ebay link

2)you cut out the visor after you fiberglassed and everything, the point of it is to keep the pieces around it from warping so the visor will fit just like the one you made.

WoW only 15$? and it looks a lot like the normal Gold Visor on the Helms?

And thank you, all day today, im going to be filling and Sanding. Lots of work still.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah! I was suprised also :p

I live in Canada and the visor came in like, 5 days max.

very good buy.

the visor is excellent, you can see perfectly out of it, but nobody can see you in it.

goodluck :)

yep, get the visors of ebay. i buy mine from here. Its the same guy as mentioned above.

this guy is fast and has very good quality. i like the brighter color so i get yellow ones :)

MikyVengeance said:

ebay link

That is awesome! I'm glad I saw that! The HJC gold mirrored visors I have seen on ebay run anywhere from $30-$40 and that does not include shipping! They want another $10 to ship it! I put that item on my watch list. :p

thank you very much for the link to the visors. I just picked up a gold visor for 20.49 shipped. You really can't beat that.

Wow "charlieiscool12" amazing link for the visors, I might get one soon.

Great job, and keep it up.

As for "Daphonic" Your helmet looks awesome so far Can you post pics of the helmet

when it's done and painted. I cant waite to see the final product. Super job.

Andrew

I've uploaded about 10 new pics of the work ive done. I messed up a few spots of the PEP so im trying to fix them on the bondo stage. You will see im making my Helmet Curvery :) I know this.

My Flickr

On a side note, my brother and I waisted 5 hours on a HD Chest. when we noticed it wouldnt even fit him or me lol... So Had to resize the Chest to this.

Height = 448mm

Width = 419mm

Depth = 428mm

Scale = 2.686685

This looks like it will Fit a Big guy like my self who is 6'2" and has a wide chest.

Damn thing took up 42 Pages of cardstock.

Now my Questions as of now are. How do you make sure the Struts, that are 2 Pages now, Are perfect when you put them toghter? Also im almost done with the Helm, a Light coat of Bondo in some places, Sanding, then 220 Sanding, then i think im good. For 90 Degree Angles? what is best? a small Metal hand Sander? The ones that are Square at one end, and have a point on the other? i think automotove places use them. Then to make a MOLD of the helm when it is done. The Trial stuff, is that enough for just the helm? For the Rubber, and Plaster to make the outside Mold?

And and FYI, My suit is so going to be Pink :)

nice find on the visors... I bookmarked that...

Im curious to see how well the visor fits on your helmet... if it fits well I may just have to buy a few visors to use in the future!

Today after finnaly fixing many of my Errors from the Pep. I can finnaly Start putting the Small coat of Bondo on the entire thing, and sand like mad. The Mouse Sander i bought, was def worth the 40$!!

Now that im getting done with my Helm. What ALL do i need to make a Mold, so i can make multi copies?

Small Update. My helm weights about pounds now lol, had to keep adding Rondo to the inside, because i kept making holes when i detail. Need to learn light touches with the Dremeal /sad smirk.

I insert text on my struts that take up more than one page and just line it up. I think I used AAAAAAAAAAAA across the pieces or something.

Liq said:
I insert text on my struts that take up more than one page and just line it up. I think I used AAAAAAAAAAAA across the pieces or something.

Oh wow, Damn good idea sir. Thank you very much!!

On Another note, What i think to be my LAST coat of bondo is harding. Then back to Sanding.

Question tho, I been useing the 80 Sandpaper. And only have 220. Is it ok to go from 80 to 220?

Ok, i fixed my own site, so i can host all the pics i want, Flickr was driving me baty.

So Ive done like 5% of the bondo, and did all the 80 Grit sanding. And i NOW relalize this helm may be JUST small to small for me. I may be able to use it. But im not sure. Let me know what you think. Tell me what you think i should fix!

bondo1.jpg

bondo2.jpg

bondo3.jpg

bondo4.jpg

bondo5.jpg

my sanding is almost done!!

1. Need to know where i buy the Red filler stuff i see ppl use on the videos.

2. I watched a Ton of the Video on how to Mold. Can someone link me the one video that explains what i need to buy from the Website? is it the Dragon Skin? and Plaster only?

3. is 220 Crit good for the Last sand?

4. I'm going to Remake my Helm, using Flying Squirl's HD model. I need to make it Bigger. Any one Know the Scale for a Big head? im 6'2"

1. that "red stuff you see in the videos" is bondo spot putty. i get mine at home depot

2. a lot of people use rebound for creating molds and then use a plaster outside to make it keep its shape. best price ive found is at Theengineerguy.com

3. im not sure about this question...

4. you can refer to xtreme tactic's scaling thread for help. most of the time just bringing up the scale from the first helm by 10% does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back