Dare's Foam ODST WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0NF1IC7

Honestly, I think this is the first build of mine that I ever posted here in my 4 years on these forums. It is not my first build though, but probably will be my first completed build...hopefully. Anyways on to the unnecessarily large pics-
Hip plates

Upper Body (One-piece chest, Shoulders, and Forearm)

Forearm

Shoulder

One-piece Chest and Helmet (an old bucket that's too big. If anyone wants it feel free to PM me.)

I'm using 100% Hugh's files (the old bucket is Kirrou's file, though) that I reunfolded for foam use. Also, does anyone know how to remove the tattered edges without a hot knife or belt sander? -Dare

img0362g.jpg
img0362g.jpg

ok and about tattered edges well the sander and the hot knife are possibly the pest way to go unless you have a heated wire cutter cnc machine thing that will give you near perfect cuts every time (god i loved that thing too bad it broke </3) lol but other than that if you really want to get rid of tattered edges just start by cutting it with a heated exacto knife i know it sounds strange but it works just make sure you give yourself room for the extra melt off from the heat of the blade

ok and about tattered edges well the sander and the hot knife are possibly the pest way to go unless you have a heated wire cutter cnc machine thing that will give you near perfect cuts every time (god i loved that thing too bad it broke </3) lol but other than that if you really want to get rid of tattered edges just start by cutting it with a heated exacto knife i know it sounds strange but it works just make sure you give yourself room for the extra melt off from the heat of the blade
How would I go about heating it? I tried putting the blade against my hotglue gun nozzle, but didn't work.

ok well a glue gun nozzle umm thats like trying to cook a can of beans with a bic lighter try putting the blade on an oven stove or actually using an open flame i did that to mold out my fist few ODST visors and for a first attempt it worked out pretty well

ok well a glue gun nozzle umm thats like trying to cook a can of beans with a bic lighter try putting the blade on an oven stove or actually using an open flame i did that to mold out my fist few ODST visors and for a first attempt it worked out pretty well
Ok thanks, and I've cooked beans with a zippo before. All the firewood at my camp was wet xD

haha i hate it when that happens im going on a campout this weekend and it is supposed to be raining all weekend

Honestly, I think this is the first build of mine that I ever posted here in my 4 years on these forums. It is not my first build though, but probably will be my first completed build...hopefully. Anyways on to the unnecessarily large pics-
Hip plates

Upper Body (One-piece chest, Shoulders, and Forearm)

Forearm

Shoulder

One-piece Chest and Helmet (an old bucket that's too big. If anyone wants it feel free to PM me.)

I'm using 100% Hugh's files (the old bucket is Kirrou's file, though) that I reunfolded for foam use. Also, does anyone know how to remove the tattered edges without a hot knife or belt sander? -Dare

img0362g.jpg
img0362g.jpg

i use a normal knife a stanly knife that is really sharp

kinda but when i cut i heat up paring knives and sometimes my kunai but none the less the thinner the knife the better

Try a small box cutter ( snap off one) and sanding stone to sharpen your knife and drum sanding bits work well for smoothing the edges.

the reason the foam tatters like that is because the knife isn't sharp enough to make a clean cut. I go through several blades when working on anything foam. Try replacing the blade itself, the foam may not by that hard but it dulls a blade like none other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back