Data Crystal Chip Model. (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately not but i may see if i can find a place around here that does. that and i found a flaw in my prototype card reader. yeah it seems that it heat up way to quickly to be used for a long period of time so time to add fans.

Nice job. Maybe I`ll try to integrate one into my helmet. This would be a touch if it was used as a rechargeable usb power source for a fan.

droodles said:
Nice job. Maybe I`ll try to integrate one into my helmet. This would be a touch if it was used as a rechargeable usb power source for a fan.

Well that maybe an idea. but as for know update UPDATE UPDATE.

for all those wanting a pep file that does not include layering the item i may have a solution. here are the pic. and yes Tlither this is how i will be breaking the file down into parts.
datacrystalchipmoddedexploded2.jpg
datacrystalchipmoddedexploded.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow thats crazy peoples fingers are going to be hurting

but nice job on breaking down that chip

Hmm, you could try an EDM machine with that layout. Well, if you wanted metal pieces. I don't know if there is a similar process with plastics.

I like the piecing of the parts that you did.

23Magnum said:
Hmm, you could try an EDM machine with that layout. Well, if you wanted metal pieces. I don't know if there is a similar process with plastics.

I like the piecing of the parts that you did.

Yeah but i need cheap yet good for my prototype. if it cost to much then i will have to pass that cost on if i make versions to sell

can you upload some pics of the prototype reader so i can get a couple ideas (idc if its a mess) btw printed the pep file (great file easy to do) and half way done then alls i need is the sd card and reader & and some paint

Edit: this is what i gather what you were syain is this right? (ps its slopy you might not be able to tell what im talkin about)
untitled-1.jpg

PervySage said:
can you upload some pics of the prototype reader so i can get a couple ideas (idc if its a mess) btw printed the pep file (great file easy to do) and half way done then alls i need is the sd card and reader & and some paint

Edit: this is what i gather what you were syain is this right? (ps its slopy you might not be able to tell what im talkin about)
untitled-1.jpg

Yes and no i will pop the pics up after i get it not to heat up so quickly. the reader it seems is pulling some mighty big amps

tlither said:
I like that AFS. Looks nice. Shouldn't be too difficult to get completed.

yeah i thought what would be the easiest way to pep this with out layers and this is what i came up with

here is the one side my my chip done :) does the chip look to dark?
Without metal usb connectors
DSC00209.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

With metal usb connectors
DSC00211.jpg

What i plan on doing,integrating the adapter in my pc
DSC00212.jpg

now alls i need is the memory card

PervySage said:
here is the one side my my chip done :) does the chip look to dark?
Without metal usb connectors
DSC00209.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

With metal usb connectors
DSC00211.jpg

What i plan on doing,integrating the adapter in my pc
DSC00212.jpg

now alls i need is the memory card

Nice work. see this is what i wanted to do with this project inspire people to do more. plus as soon as i get my full working model i plan on integrating it into my pc case design. *Secrect :cautious: Secret*

Thank you SO MUCH. I've been tring to make my own $#!Tty versions of a Data Chip for my helmet. Now all i need is the pep file and some kind of spring mechanism (I'm thinking about modding a DS one). If i fail that i'll just have a slot with enought space so i can remove it manulally.

This would make a sick USB flash drive :)

When inserted into the computer have it glow blue. Might be hard to jam an led into there though.

Air_Force_Spartans said:
:lol:

Finished and yeah it would be a bit impossible. here is the sketchup file for you all.Data Crystal chip for AI made with google sketchup

I will be trying to make it a little more pep friendly soon but i have to get to class now and then work tonight at the base. dang ORI :mad:

oh and here a pic of the complete model i may go in and smooth it up a bit more but that is if my vid cap card will work so that i can get some more veiws of the Chip

datacrystalchip2.jpg

May I have permission to use the Sketchup model as a physical CAD prototype in my film?

jericho said:
May I have permission to use the Sketchup model as a physical CAD prototype in my film?

As long as you give me full credit and give credit to the 405th i don't care. i have an updated cad model and yes it is in sketchup format here. just give credit.

update: well i have failed again and again. i used the wrong type and to thin of wood. dang balsa wood. when i get my new dremel (never buy a rotory tool for $15 from the drugstore) i will try again with thing rc aircraft wood sheets. $2 down the drain

Air_Force_Spartans said:
As long as you give me full credit and give credit to the 405th i don't care. i have an updated cad model and yes it is in sketchup format here. just give credit.

update: well i have failed again and again. i used the wrong type and to thin of wood. dang balsa wood. when i get my new dremel (never buy a rotory tool for $15 from the drugstore) i will try again with thing rc aircraft wood sheets. $2 down the drain

Very nice. I have a college in my state that is willing to help make smaller props for me. I think a data crystal would be good.

Don't worry. I always credit.

Thank you!

Guess I'll have to move this up on my project list. See if I can't get the basics of it out of the way this weekend. Thanks again AFS. You did good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back