Dead Island is back and looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioactiveMicrobe

So, if anyone has heard of the zombie RPGFPS Dead Island, you also haven't heard any news for about 3 years since it's announcement trailer. Well, Dead Island has surfaced again, and I must say...

Hellz yea.

Last edited by a moderator:
While the trailer was intense, did we really need to kill a little girl to go that far? I just... In my opinion, but if games had line that shouldn't of been crossed, this was it. Don't think I'll be playing this game.

So a zombie rpg? Never heard of it yet my love of zombie related things and rpgs together would either bring great disapointment with a great trailer or make me very happy.... Anymore info on this game?

While the trailer was intense, did we really need to kill a little girl to go that far? I just... In my opinion, but if games had line that shouldn't of been crossed, this was it. Don't think I'll be playing this game.
Well put. Games are supposed to be fun. If you think that what you just watched looks "fun" you need help.

I agree, dude. I mean seriously, you have to be pretty bad if Griff can't even watch it.

It might sound cruel or even twisted. In "real" life if zombies do attack, being a kid, or pregnent, or the hot chick, it will not save you. The way they showed it was well over the top, and pritty brutal, but nothing to far away from reality. As far as zombies go of course.

I can't wait for this game, it might have a good view on how an outbreak would actually happen.

This is pretty much a reason why I don't frequent here anymore, people really need to lighten up on here, It's just a game.

Bit pedantic, but I believe the girl was already dead before she hit the floor. She was already a zombie before her father? threw her out of the window. I think the art director wanted to portray the struggle for life from an ordinary family, and how that ended in terrible tragedy.

This cgi intro is still far more preferable than watching the hideous Uwe Boll 2007 movie, postal. Dont watch that if you want to avoid the deaths of several young children for entertainment.

I'll post what I posted on the Rooster Teeth video about the trailer:
"I think this is more artistic, I get where Geoff is coming from, but you have to realize they wanted to capture the full tragedy of a Zombie Apocalypse, it's not about being insensitive, but sparking the emotions that Geoff had in order to get across the message that this is what you would see in a real-life situation like this, rather than games like "Dead Rising" where it's all about "OMG Zombie killing fun" this IS a horrific situation and I? respect both the developer, and Geoff for such."

Thus, my view on the trailer.

(If you haven't seen the RoosterTeeth video about it)

Last edited by a moderator:
If a child zombie comes at you and you're hesitant you will be chow. I on the other hand would drop one in a blink of an eye. It's what separates a survivor from a meal. It's just like last year when the wife and I were watching The Walking Dead, and the guy had trouble killing his wife who had turned zombie. I looked at my wife, and told her I would pop her in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back