Dead Space, Mass Effect, Mucha, and Reach! Pic heavy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Drinker

Jr Member
I'm just going to start a thread of all the crazy stuff I've been planning and working on, since I never post, usually, and just to generally get opinions. My Isaac rig I actually finished for D*con last weekend, but I'll post pictures anyway!

First run of the pepped helmet. I'm not sure if one of us made this, I found it on google:

Yeah the middle strut is the wrong way. The helmet size was a bit off, anyway. I had to modify some parts like crazy.

The plasma cutter, in progress. I was going to use an airsoft pistol as a base, but I had this laying around for 5 bucks...just wanted something fun, ya know?

No, I don't know how to make things into one post. >_<

2nd helmet, nicely fitted, fiberglassing:

Side view:

This was me deciding what to do with the thin el wire. I had to diffuse it somehow...:

I ended up using the parchment paper as a covering.

Uhh...

The back!

(Btw, it got trashed at D*con. Needs repairs before my official photoshoot...)

I know the paint looks like it's dripping, but I actually liked the grunge effect, since it's such a dark and grainy game:

I should have sanded more, though. The bottom tubing was giant plumbing stuff I found for 5 dollars, cut way down. The thing copper tubing was something I found for 3. It was a pain to bend it into the already fiberglassed notches..

And with lights:

I know it isn't as thick as it should be, but I did want to be able to see..this helmet was soo stuffy though.

I had the hand light and the HUD display on my chest lit up, but I think I forgot about my helmet. Go figure.

With my friend dressed as Soifon. I made her arm thing in like 2 hours! And she borrowed my hakama from sword class..lol

Isaac needs downtime too.

I believe I trimmed the arms too much on the flight suit. But a better view of the plasma cutter. I'll post better pictures of this once I get to the photoshoot this month and make repairs.

Next up! A N7 helmet for a friend's birthday, and a Mk6 helmet with this painted on it for another friend:
alphonse_mucha_autumn.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...to.php?pid=5116314&id=647318007&ref=fbx_album

Wow that's a great job you got farther than i ever did , my DS helmet is just sitting on my shelf still covered in bondo. awesome!

Wow that's a great job you got farther than i ever did , my DS helmet is just sitting on my shelf still covered in bondo. awesome!

haha, thanks!! I didn't even get to bondo...I had to do this and a whole MK6 suit over from scratch last month before D*con...

Can't wait to see the Mucha.
The Isaac getup looks fantastic, though! You even got that brilliant "old bullet casing" colour.

Yeah! I'm not sure how it's going to go on the helmet, dimension and space wise...>_<

Thanks about the Isaac rig, lol. You gotta love random colors of spraypaint..

You can practise drawing it out as lineart on balloons with a marker to work out where you're most likely to get distortion, etc. It sound weird, but it does help and it's cheap practise haha.

Definitely. I've seen a lot of tron costumes using el wire, actually. It's really easy to use and bends really well.

wow!
I loooove DeadSpace and it was either a DeadSpace costume or my Noble Six.
I have questions :p
how did you make the actual body armour?
anndd
where can you find el wire? IT LOOKS AMAZING! : o
looks great btw :)

wow!
I loooove DeadSpace and it was either a DeadSpace costume or my Noble Six.
I have questions :p
how did you make the actual body armour?
anndd
where can you find el wire? IT LOOKS AMAZING! : o
looks great btw :)

Which body armour? The dead space suit?

And el wire I just typed in on google. I actually ended up using a site called CoolNeon. They had a ton of tutorials and junk. It really is quite amazing. I just wish it had been thicker for my rig, ya know?

Thanks for the compliments!

i used a similar diffusing trick for my arkham asylum scarecrow build.
well done.. but i'd encourage a better undersuit and more weathering on the helmet.

El wire is alot of fun to work with, isnt it?

i used a similar diffusing trick for my arkham asylum scarecrow build.
well done.. but i'd encourage a better undersuit and more weathering on the helmet.

El wire is alot of fun to work with, isnt it?

I actually thought my undersuit was pretty spot on, save some areas. I don't actually own the game, since my brother took it with him.

I don't know, I liked it. And I do like el wire a lot. The only problem I had with it was I was iffy on the coloring in some areas.

So I mostly worked off this picture, since many screenshots were too dark, and even in walkthroughs of the game I had trouble:

-67252904560609610.jpg

I remember seeing you! Didn't get a chance to take a picture though. Great effect with the EL wire!

You saw me? Man...my costume got so trashed so early in the day, you were lucky if you saw it all in one piece. You should have taken a picture! I got like..2. Lol.

And I'm building a crappy necromorph costume for my friend for halloween. We'll see how it turns out...lol.

Pictures of the terrible necromorph outfit!

On a person, no arms

You can't see the caved in rib area. I haven't attached the little arms yet, either.
[video=facebook;443076623007]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=443076623007[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back