Deployable energy sword (brain storming party!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozgand

For the past few days I've been pondering on how to make a deployable energy sword. Esentially one with blades that can be compressed in to the hilt. I figured I could use spring steel wire as a frame and some sort of multi-layer cloth or plastic for the blades posibly with LEDs or something for lighting but the devil is finding a way to cram all of it in the handle and still having room for a battery and the release mechanism. Any ideas?

My first thought that comes to mind is not trying.
Lol sorry man, that seems near impossible...

If you got one of those inflatable energy swords and compacted it into the handle you could use a co2 canister to pop it out, but then it would be hard to get back in....

For the effort required for such a small novelty you'd be better off getting the lighting accurate on a non-deployable blade.

It's near impossible to do, bro.

The hilt is incredibly small compared to the blades.

Just build a full sword, dude. It will save you time and money.

just follow these simple specs:

The Type-1 Energy Weapon/Sword consists of a curved hilt, which houses an energy storage and generation device, as well as the blade projector; that forms a composition of two highly magnetic polar points that shape and hold a partially ionized, free moving electron based gas into a blade-like form , stabilized by two small magnetic field generators built into the handle of the weapon — this forms and contains the oval shaped, ionized blades

copypasta of halo.wikia

in short, it's not particularly possible
though with some fancy lighting effects and LED's maybe - but blades have to stay out.

and did you finish my hunter files yet?

CJ

If you make one do the wrist sword/ assassination blades from reach. At least te assassins creedguys have already figured it out. Just be a process of changing it to suit

Make it like a car airbag system. you can use co2 canister (pellet gun size) to propel the "balloon" outward from the handle.

Nothing is impossible, but some things are extremely hard to do. This is possible and relatively easy. I'll get more detailed if you need explanations.

Do it like they do with the toy lightsabers, so they colapse inside themselves, obviously it'll have to have a slight cone shape to get the pieces to stay together just make them as thin as possible, if you plan on throwing in leds you wont notice anyway

Not much is truly impossible, so long as someone is willing to try!

If you want it to deploy only, definitely go with inflatable blades. Provided they were folded properly, I would assume that a thin, flexible wire, (may I suggest 22 gauge stranded wire) and LEDs could be attached onto the blades. True, you cannot easily put it away, but it would provide an amazing effect.

If I think of anything else I'll be sure to post.

Jimmy's right, Nothing is impossible, just difficult.;) i can jump out of your screen, its just hard to do because no body has invented a way to do so yet XD
I originally was thinking something like a light saber toy, the spring driven kind that shoot out at the push of a button. :confused

Lets use Magic!!!!!!! hahahaha, sorry man, but im a very optimistic guy, and this sounds about 30 years + from where we are in tech right now.

With my knowledge of pneumatics, I would say use a steel wire skeleton, and a thin, airtight film surrounding the skeleton, and use a small CO2 setup like I would use with one of my cannons or a paintball gun

Howabout have two swords, one is the full sword and one is just the handle. Then use camera cuts and tricks to swap them out, deploying the sword.

Jimmy's right, Nothing is impossible, just difficult.;) i can jump out of your screen, its just hard to do because no body has invented a way to do so yet XD
I originally was thinking something like a light saber toy, the spring driven kind that shoot out at the push of a button. :confused
is there an echo in here?

If you make the blade from zero porosity parachute fabric, it will easily fit inside the handle, being deployed by a co2 canister or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back