Destiny 2 Crystocerene Titan Helmet

tahu505

Member DIN
S505
I've always been hesitant on making armor from the Destiny series since I feel like my armor changes faster than I could make it, but this is a helmet I'm confident on keeping. Plus I found a good model for it on Etsy and have a had a bit of extra time during spring break.

First couple days of printing on campus
20220316_205914.jpg

I came back 6 days after starting to check on the helmet and the print was paused. The option to resume was up on the screen and it resumed smoothly with no layer shifts. Unfortunately the timer on the print reset so I don't know when exactly the printer stopped but the print was stopped but it was at 73% completion
20220319_131903.jpg

Did some primer/filler today. Fore some reason I haven't been able to find rustoleum primer/filler for the past year except once in December, so I went with duplicolor instead.
20220326_143656.jpg
20220326_143707.jpg

I also went ahead and started putting bondo on areas that I could tell really needed it, even before sanding. The print supports messed up some areas but that's why I placed them in the back. Nothing bondo and sand paper can't fix haha!
20220326_163742.jpg

Got some sanding in today. Not quite where I want it yet but it's progress. It's been cold and wendy all last week and it looks like it's going to rain most of this week, so today was the one day I could get a bit a work in.
20220417_151639.jpg

20220417_151745.jpg

I've seen something like that. But mine looks more like a knight helm. I would have to find the pic and send it.
There are a lot of knight looking titan helmets, all of them are pretty sick! I used to rock knight ones until this one came out since it looks like the Halo grenadier.

Looking awesome. The print looks super clean especially after sanding. I've always wanted to do a Destiny armor set. Maybe one day I'll get to building my hunter.

Looking awesome. The print looks super clean especially after sanding. I've always wanted to do a Destiny armor set. Maybe one day I'll get to building my hunter.
I want to make a full armor set at some point but I still need to finish my spartan armor and stop being indecisive on what titan armor to use lol. I know I'm 100% sticking with this helmet though

I want to make a full armor set at some point but I still need to finish my spartan armor and stop being indecisive on what titan armor to use lol. I know I'm 100% sticking with this helmet though
I feel that. I find a look I like for my Hunter but then change it because of higher stats or whatnot. It's definitely on my list to do someday. The helmet does look really nice though.

Wow its almost been a year. I got my Grenadier suit to the checkpoint I wanted before taking a small break from it and decided to come back and finish up some unfinished projects. The weather has also gotten warmer again so I did wet sanding on this helmet today up to 2000 grit.
20230417_181508.jpg

Haven't worked on this or anything else in a while. Got caught up in commissions then kinda fell out of motivation to work on projects. I still want to come back and finish this project, idk how often I'm going to work on it. Time wise I can probably finish this by Halloween but it's not a hard goal or anything.

Last time I worked on this I was priming it to prepare for painting but I ran out of white primer halfway through. The parts that were primed still had visible layer lines. I think I sanded too hard and knocked away too much filler. I decided I'm going to use spot putty on the areas I can tell are really deep, do another layer of filler primer, then lightly wet sand. After that back to priming and painting as usual.
20230925_133122.jpg
20230925_133128.jpg

Been wanting to make a helmet stand for painting for a while. I found a poster tube that I remember was for a rvb poster I got like a decade ago. It fits perfectly in an empty filament spool so im going to use this.
20231006_144505.jpg

Unfortunately I noticed there was a poster inside the tube after I already started cutting it. I wasn't sure what it could be since the rvb poster is framed.
20231006_144517.jpg

Turns out it's a NASA EVA suit poster. I have no idea where or when I got this. It has some scratches in it now but still mostly good.
20231006_144539.jpg

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back