Diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobeus

So, I'm sure there are others here who are just as excited as me by recent news.

Finally, Blizzard is giving us Diablo 3, eight years after Diablo 2, and seven years after Lord of Destruction.
Time for me to jump around the house now.
www.diablo3.com

Mobeus said:
So, I'm sure there are others here who are just as excited as me by recent news.

Finally, Blizzard is giving us Diablo 3, eight years after Diablo 2, and seven years after Lord of Destruction.
Time for me to jump around the house now.
www.diablo3.com

Should be some good stuff to make in there- I like the witch doctor's outfit a lot.
Can't wait to see the other classes..

Last edited by a moderator:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Second favorite game series. haha.
Yay about time I know something was up when Blizzard bought diablo3.com back in may.
I like how you can be female or male for all classes, well as far as we know.

SCHUUUWEET!
I just got done watching, I hope that witch doctor isn't there weak attempt at the necromancer. I will be upset without the Necromancer class.

Theres only going to be 5 classes.
:(
Hope druid comes back and the paladin and the sorceress.....
WitchDoctor=New necromancer...there better be bone spirit or else.

Idk about yall but i dont like this new no potions things

tenacioust183 said:
finally. but ill admit im more excited about starcraft 2

Yeah, I've never actually played it but, the only nuisance of the game I've seen is the attacking where you must keep clicking. seems awesome and W00T for SC2.

Paladins must make a re-appearance! They just have to!
I just want to go forward in time and buy Diablo 3, go back and install and play it now! xD

OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!! DIABLO IS SO AWESOME IT'S ABOUT TIME FOR 3!!!!

But really, I've known for awhile now, finally glad they've released the info on it. Let's see, we know all of the LoD classes will be in, wonder what else? Maybe they'll even have a Create Your Own Class option, though it's doubtful. Let's hope it gets as big as WoW, but with free online still...

All I can say is, yay, Diablo 3. :D

I've been waiting so long for this. I honestly thought hellgate london would be as close as we would ever get to D3, but apparently I'm mistaken. I have to be honest though, being the diablo obssesive I am (I've played the game on and off since... wow when did d1 come out? getting addicted for months at a time, building lvl 99s (in d2's case) and then quitting for a while... Anyway, I may have higher expectations then is fair, but does anyone else think the graphics reek of world of diablo(war)craft? Seriously, diablo always had this realistic and extremely gloomy feel to it, and now its kind of cartoony and has lost a lot of the sinister nature it used to have. I get the feeling that without Blizzard North being around anymore, blizzard is tryng to stamp it by putting their signature cartoony graphics that has always really bothered me about warcraft onto a game that is truely epic and will enough character of its own.. Just my 2 cents. (and rant aside, I'll probably pre-order it, I have to at least give it a chance, it's just that I'm a bit disapointed).

YES!!! FINALLY!!! :lol: I've been waiting forever for this game to be announced. I especially like how they kept the classic view and feel of the game and re-created it with a 3D enviroment. Definitely going to get this and Starcraft 2. Man its been forever. I still have my original diablo 1 and 2 discs. Along with my orignial starcraft discs.

volkov said:
I've been waiting so long for this. I honestly thought hellgate london would be as close as we would ever get to D3, but apparently I'm mistaken. I have to be honest though, being the diablo obssesive I am (I've played the game on and off since... wow when did d1 come out? getting addicted for months at a time, building lvl 99s (in d2's case) and then quitting for a while... Anyway, I may have higher expectations then is fair, but does anyone else think the graphics reek of world of diablo(war)craft? Seriously, diablo always had this realistic and extremely gloomy feel to it, and now its kind of cartoony and has lost a lot of the sinister nature it used to have. I get the feeling that without Blizzard North being around anymore, blizzard is tryng to stamp it by putting their signature cartoony graphics that has always really bothered me about warcraft onto a game that is truely epic and will enough character of its own.. Just my 2 cents. (and rant aside, I'll probably pre-order it, I have to at least give it a chance, it's just that I'm a bit disapointed).
That's probably due to the high fanbase of WoW. Let's hope it isn't totally like WoW, though...

Well, back to Diablo II, xD

volkov said:

That's exactly what I was thinking.
It seems to be the one element that's causing worry throughout the Diablo fanbase.
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7807/itshouldrh5.jpg

Here's a shot that was posted on diablofans.com, obviously trying to portray the way it "should look", from the original posters view.
Personally I would say that applying a filter in Photoshop can't be compared to altering the visual appearance of a game, they're two different things. However, I must agree that it does help in adding a somewhat more gloomy feeling that suits the Diablo franchise more.

baileyboys said:
Remember guys.
Gameplay> Graphics
I so agree. I'd rather play a game with a great story and awesome gameplay with crappy graphics than a game with top of the line graphics but a sucky story and gameplay. I'd rather play an NES game with a decent story than a 360 game that has a horrible one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back