Didact and forrunner request

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in case anyone needs some reference images... like, from Kolby Jukes, the artist who created the Didact model and textures.

http://polymdlr.com/

487_large.jpg

This is just a preview, but there are a few pretty big ones :)

Latest update

Thankyou for the point in the right direction for the extra images very helpful

here are the latest chest pieces I am working on

didactside1_zpsc83e32c7.jpg

didactside2_zps58aff863.jpg

What are peoples thoughts

I have link a couple of the separte rib pieces together for extra support but it would be the undersuit idealy.

ALthough this part could be cut out if you so wish to

If you could have a look at some point and give me your opinion that wooly ltd be good

i deciphered your message :p j/k I took a deeper look at it and i think it is good to go. it might prove to be a difficult pep but this wouldn't be the first one thats difficult to do. model looks great in pep to me. the unfold might take someone sometime. If someone doesn't finish this one let me know later and i will attempt it

i deciphered your message :p j/k I took a deeper look at it and i think it is good to go. it might prove to be a difficult pep but this wouldn't be the first one thats difficult to do. model looks great in pep to me. the unfold might take someone sometime. If someone doesn't finish this one let me know later and i will attempt it

Thanks for that I must admit I am not as happy with the helmet as I am with the body armour it might be I revisit the helmet at a later date we will have to see. Sorry about the typos it was late here in the uk when written.

If there is anyone with time on there hands I can release the chest piece otherwise I will release all together and make a new topic so it is easy to access.

I do think with this project the under suit is going to be important for fixing items too if any has any suggestions would be appriciated for example the chest piece dosent go all the way up to the shoulders it stops just under the colar bone, looking at the didactic body build he has enormous muscles on the top of his shoulder, I have been thinking of modeling the under suit to help with the build any thought

Nice detail, but I think the helmet will need some adjustment, the ortho drawings are a bit skewed.

If you study this picture:

tumblr_mgaai52SUF1ruuqu6o1_1280.jpg

You can see that the brow area isn't as bumped or curved, and the cranium is a bit smaller altogether.

I might try to do some edits to the drawings later if it's OK with you guys. Let's hope Kolby (the artist) releases some more images in the coming days, he has promised to do so on Polycount. Although, the chances for nice side and front views are a bit low :(

Skewed drawing

I think the skew is coming from the print screen

I will upload another tomorrow with more progress hopefully

I don't think so, the drawing you're using is skewed already.

Found a photo of the Didact's page in the Awakening art book:

Awakening_TheArtOfHalo4_0010.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back