Discussion of casting and molding suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a good supplier for crystal clear resin? Smooth-on doesn't sell anything less than a gallon, and I can't drop 160$ for a single part.

Extra points if you can figure out what I'm making. :D

Yodajammies said:
Does anyone have a good supplier for crystal clear resin? Smooth-on doesn't sell anything less than a gallon, and I can't drop 160$ for a single part.
Try this clear casting resin (available in pint sizes) from TAP Plastics:

Yodajammies said:
Extra points if you can figure out what I'm making. :D
You're either making a faceshield, the blade for an energy sword or the eye pieces of the iron man helmet. :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
haha great find.

I just stumbled across TAP plastics last night, and i think they are who I'm going to go with.

As for your guesses, no, no, and no.

I'm working exclusively on ironman props for the foreseeable future.

Hint 2: LEDs are involved. massive amounts of LEDs. :D

Yodajammies said:
haha great find.

I just stumbled across TAP plastics last night, and i think they are who I'm going to go with.

As for your guesses, no, no, and no.

I'm working exclusively on ironman props for the foreseeable future.

Hint 2: LEDs are involved. massive amounts of LEDs. :D

Molding his reactor?

Yodajammies said:
ding ding ding! we have a winnar! :D

Gonna be BANGIN!

Hey YJ, Are you making the whole suit or are you just making the reactor to go along with the helmet?

I'm building the whole suit. I've been planning halo-ween for a while now.

In progress:

helmet, of course. You've seen the status of that project.

Shoulders - Those will be next, seeing as they are symmetrical on both sides and are fairly easy to sculpt. I'm about 1/2 done with the clay sculpt on this.

Chest piece is probably going to be last. It's going to take the most amount of clay.

The feet are 1/2 done clay sculpts. I'm not really sure what direction I'm going to go with those. It's still in the experimental stages at the moment.

All in all, I have several pieces going at one time. They should all be done and ready to rock by october :)

Yodajammies said:
I'm building the whole suit. I've been planning halo-ween for a while now.

In progress:

helmet, of course. You've seen the status of that project.

Shoulders - Those will be next, seeing as they are symmetrical on both sides and are fairly easy to sculpt. I'm about 1/2 done with the clay sculpt on this.

Chest piece is probably going to be last. It's going to take the most amount of clay.
The feet are 1/2 done clay sculpts. I'm not really sure what direction I'm going to go with those. It's still in the experimental stages at the moment.

All in all, I have several pieces going at one time. They should all be done and ready to rock by october :)
Nice! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back