Props District 9 Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

dung0beetle

I've started with the Gas Thrower, since I haven't seen anyone do it yet, but I plan to do all of these for pep. I will also post more blueprints for the District 9 weapons as I find them.

[attachment=13295:gasthrowerwip2.gif]

[attachment=13296:533AlienGasThower4finGB.jpg]

[attachment=13297:525AlienAssaultrifle4finGB.jpg]

[attachment=13298:610AlienGenerator4finNBGB.jpg]

Is it just me, or do the Gas thrower and Assault rifle seem to be modular? (as in, you just swap out parts to change the gun)

Thank you Dung beetle!

I have been searching for blue prints or something of these for quite a while!

I love you dungbeetle! lol

P.S. they look amazing!!!!

dungbeetle said:
I've started with the Gas Thrower, since I haven't seen anyone do it yet...

I've got one partially done, as are the ARC gun and assault rifle, but I wouldn't let that stop you. Mine wont ever be available and I'm sure people would love pep models for any of them :)

4074636290_a88121d4a9_m.jpg

Feel free to use any of my renders for reference, should you need it.

Also I moved this over to weapons and props, since that was more appropriate for District 9 weapons ;)

Edit: Something to keep in mind, depending on which versions you're doing. the concept art up on the Weta site is actually different to the guns used in the film, nothing too major but there are a few differences between concept and prop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Belakor said:
I've got one partially done, as are the ARC gun and assault rifle, but I wouldn't let that stop you. Mine wont ever be available and I'm sure people would love pep models for any of them :)

4074636290_a88121d4a9_m.jpg

Feel free to use any of my renders for reference, should you need it.

Also I moved this over to weapons and props, since that was more appropriate for District 9 weapons ;)

Edit: Something to keep in mind, depending on which versions you're doing. the concept art up on the Weta site is actually different to the guns used in the film, nothing too major but there are a few differences between concept and prop.

I could use some reference of the thickness of the weapons. Based on the size of the cylinders, the barrel seems to be very thin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool, I can't wait to see how these turn out.

I myself have also started on a gun, its the big one he uses on the gang members; he is blasting them through walls with it. I don't know if it has an official name but I just call it the SWG (Shock Wave Gun), because that is what it looks like to me.

districtfrnt.jpg

For anyone who's interested, the 'Alien Gas Gun' is labeled a AMR-B7T

The gun Wikus uses on the gangsters is a AMR-B43

The Arc Rifle is a AMR-B21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back