1. 581-Erudite Watch
    Greetings Guest! I am the NEW guide of the 405th Infantry Division. I am 581. Surely, you are asking yourself, who is this fascinating entity and what is he about? Fear not! The staff of this great community has cleverly created a comic to share my backstory with you. Click HERE to learn more!

Dismiss Notice

DMR Reach Nerf Mod

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Rancid Musk, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Rancid Musk

Rancid Musk

2. the mack

the mack

that is SICK bro!!! that looks amazing, i'm in awe (bows down) lol. looking forward to more pics.

3. SniperWolf

SniperWolf

Amazing! Best nerf gun ever!

4. BHF Dark Phoenx

BHF Dark Phoenx

is there any way i could get the plans and materials you used to do this? i would love to do one myself. its amazing

5. Air Navy

Air Navy New Member

Simply incredible. The more I surf the 405th, the more amazed I am at the stuff I find. You are a genius and master craftsman, my good Sir. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!!!

6. Courage

Courage New Member

That? That? That's a nerf gun! Really though, great fabrication skills, did you hand carve the grip?

7. Rancid Musk

Rancid Musk

Thank you all for the kind words and appreciation. Not may people get it and it is an honor to share with people like you. It took 9 months but I enjoyed it a lot.

I had no plans. I used a lot of reference pics from other 405th members. The wood work was hand carved with a file after I rough cut with a band saw. The plastic work (other than the rails)were hand cut. The rails I used a ball tipped milling machine. The counter took a few trial and error to get the circuit right. The metal work I used a Dremel.

Thanks again. Keep on inspiring.

8. Katsu

Katsu

I opened this link not expecting much since it is a fairly new thread, maybe a WIP with sodacan boxes taped together, and I saw it and loudly said "Holy $^@%" without intending to. Impressive work for sure.

9. reiseman

reiseman Member

From the first pic, would have never suspected a nerf/toy weapon. Take that up to the local shooting range and see how many double takes you get. It looks like the real thing with the upper rail and scope, then the flashlight/laser up front. Did your wife say it is too realistic? Very cool rifle.

10. jacobp192

jacobp192 New Member

I so wanted to make one of my nerf guns look like a gun from Halo, and this shows me it can be done well. This is really motivating me to try my best in my work and hopefully make something this amazing. Great job! I couldn't tell it was a longstrike until I saw the unpainted pictures. Again, great job with this, I love how it turned out.

11. RTWHOCKEY

RTWHOCKEY Jr Member

I'm honestly amazed by this, and I'm not easily amazed. Awesome job!!

12. tabris89

tabris89

pretty sure, a tutorial vid is an order ;) amazing work man!!!

13. AugmentedHuman013

AugmentedHuman013 RMO 405th Regiment Officer

absolutely amazing

14. Spartan95

Spartan95 New Member

Very impressive :D

- - - Updated - - -

Very impressive :D

15. Sithslayer78

Sithslayer78

Looking forward to this bad boy at Otakon!

16. Lonewolf260

Lonewolf260

one of the best nerf mods ive ever seen! good job!

17. Noble 10

Noble 10

amazing i want to do the same but a reach sniper using this th?id=JN.jHXqY0rE7Vcfk9UvpDP9qw&pid=15.jpg

18. Artifice

Artifice RXO 405th Regiment Officer

Nicely done !

19. HighNight

HighNight New Member

Hi ... sorry for my English... It is possible for you ''to give'' your plan... THANK You
    And IS VERY EPIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!