Do you guys want halo 5 to fully come to pc?

Discussion in 'General Halo Discussion' started by StayFrosty, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Distemper

Distemper

I would love if it came to PC. I think anything by Microsoft should be standard on PC. Its hard to get time to play on a console with work and a wife who wants to watch her shows.

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  2. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Yes, play HL. You'll enjoy it. It isn't too realistic, it has a lot of mechanics similar to DOOM, but it's very different. It's kinda a horror-puzzle-FPS, and it's soooo fun.

3. Distemper

Distemper

I am not sure why but Halo and a little bit of Destiny are the only FPS games I have gotten into. Played Golden Eye on the 64 but for the most part is has always been RPG games that take over my life lol.

4. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Have you played Half-life? I can't stress how amazing it is. it's a MUST-play for any gamer. :D

And Golden-Eye...Ohhhhh.....:D

Distemper likes this.
  5. Distemper

Distemper

Have not played Half-life but since it is available on PC I will have to try it out.

Yeah Golden Eye brings back allot of memories. I will have to get a 64 again lol

6. StayFrosty

StayFrosty

I really don't think that a sensitivity limit is necessary. Halo has never been about flinging your reticule around as fast as you can, and contrary to popular belief, there are a lot of negatives to using a high sensitivity on PC. Basically, as long as you can 180 with a single swipe, you should get your PC sensitivity as low as you can, because 1) Your aim won't get AS far off when you aren't playing well (and we all have those days) and 2) It's significantly easier to track/hit successive shots on people, which is what Halo is all about. Sure, higher sensitivity player might have a slight advantage when it comes to sniping, but for the most part, it won't make a difference, and most likely be better to play on a lower sensitivity.

I agree 100% I MUCH prefer playing games on my PC anyways, and I wouldn't mind hooking up my Xbox to the TV since I don't really use it anyway. Not only that, but I just can't find a fun multiplayer FPS on PC that I really stick with. CS:GO is all about shooting people once, and I hate games like that (Plus for some reason nearly everyone who plays it seems to think that they have godlike abilities and play for a pro team) Overwatch and TF2 are all class based, which I don't mind a ton, but games like that never can hold me for long. I have been enjoying Titanfall 2, but I play it more as a fun, pretty casual change of pace game. If Microsoft puts Halo on PC, they'll be filling this void, not to mention that there are loads of PC players who'd love to play an official Halo release. At least Destiny 2 is coming out this year, that should help a little, because I really did enjoy the first game while I played it. However, I'll be absolutely ecstatic if Halo 6 gets announced for PC.
    Okay, I think I will! I just looked on steam, and I can get 1 and 2 for $10 each, but there also is Half life 2 episode 1 and 2. Do I need to buy those? I'd rather not, since I have $25 in my steam account, and it'd be nice not to have to add any more money.

7. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

StayFrosty, Um...Buy "Black Mesa-Source" on Steam. It's a remastered version of the original Half-Life, it looks a ton prettier than the original (well, the original is just dated). Only downfalls, Black Mesa is $20 and is in early-access. They've almost finished it, they're just working on the last level: "Xen"

you don't really have to play the original first, but as usual, it's nice to play stuff in order.

Half-life 2 has a SERIOUS cliff-hanger at the end, so you will want to get the episodes.

StayFrosty likes this.
  8. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

I'd recommend HL2 + episodes 1 and 2 over playing just HL1 and HL2. Half Life is pretty out of this world kinda game so most of the time you won't even know what is going on anyway. Half Life 2 is at least a little more cinematic and way better graphics, so you have a better chance of knowing what is going on, and you can extrapolate the why. I played Half Life 2 first and I don't feel like I missed out. I still have yet to finish HL1... It is pretty hard. Sprint +crouch +jump with perfect timing does a super long jump which you need to do onto tiny platforms. Makes for a lot of frustrating deaths. Some people are into that though. Skillz.

I replay HL2 every year. You will not be disappointed.

StayFrosty likes this.
  9. StayFrosty

StayFrosty

So would it be like going from Halo 1 to 2? I don't really need to know what happened before, but it's nice to? Like I said, I just spent a lot of money on upgrading my PC, so I'd rather not spend too much on games (I've already kinda failed on that)

10. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

yeah, just get HL2 and the episodes. you won't regret it.

or maybe you will...
    REGRET, REGRET, REGRET...
    upload_2017-4-7_15-24-54.png
    lol, that's just a joke. just get HL2 and the episodes. be sure to play HL2 Ep 1 in a dark room or at night. just play all of 'em in a dark room, you'll enjoy it sooo much more. It's so much more fun that way.
    BTW: like all Valve games, there are lots of fun puzzles.

11. StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Alright, will do. I'm glad that you recommended it because I've been looking at a lot of platformers lately, and while I love them, I get finished quick, and love to play a lot of them. $2-$5 per game isn't bad, but when you want to play a lot, it adds up pretty quick.

12. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Haha, tell me how it goes. :)

13. agentflorida

agentflorida

If all the halo games were on PC I would be able to play it from anywhere if I got a better laptop. Still happy with my crappy downgraded Lenovo flex 3 laptop that was best buy bought. Already have gaming head phones with mic and a gaming mouse.

14. StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Not a fan of laptops, but yeah, there's absolutely no downside to putting halo on PC. I cannot stress enough how important it is that they make aiming where the bullets go exactly where the center of your screen is/where your reticle is no matter if you're moving or anything though. They can't do the Xbox crosshairs/reticles and bullet magnetism like in the past (Halo CE, Halo 2 Vista, Halo Online), it would be absolutely disastrous for the feel of the game. No bullet magnetism!

15. agentflorida

agentflorida

There was a remake of the Halo 3 multiplayer for computers and laptops called halo online. However it was only available in Russia (from what I hear), and it was never officially released outside of Russia except by some guys called Eldewrito or something like that. But there are lots of problems like other people using different versions than you so you can't connect to the games and matches. Halo Online is Officially discontinued by 343, but is still running thanks to Eldewrito, but still causes hundreds of problems due to it being an open and unsecure source as files could be corrupt.

16. agentflorida

agentflorida

And I have a gaming mouse for the laptop, never was a fan for touch pads.

17. StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Yeah that's pretty much a must.

18. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Oh, there's a new fan-made PC Halo game called "Installation 0-1" and it looks pretty cool, especially considering it's VERY early in the production stage. If push comes to shove, you can always get that.

HERE is a link

Whad'ya think?

19. agentflorida

agentflorida

True for life

20. agentflorida

agentflorida

What is Installation 0-1 like? Halo 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 , reach? what game is it closest to? and I mean in everyway?

21. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

It's super early in production as I already mentioned; animations and rigs aren't quite finalized, but it's meant to be similar to Halo 3. It has not been released, so we don't know much about it- check out the link to their page, man!

22. StayFrosty

StayFrosty

I've seen Installation 01, and it does look pretty promising. The problem is that these games always end up with like 60 players daily. I'll be following it, but I'm not sure what to think just yet.

There's a rumor circulating that Halo 3 Anniversary is coming to PC. When I saw it yesterday I legitimately though it was an April Fools joke, but they have "evidence" which is pretty weak. I've written off Halo 3 Anniversary happening a long time ago, and don't expect a Halo PC release possibility until 2018, so I'm not getting my hopes up for this at all, but hey, you never know.

As far as I can tell it's in the style of the classic Halo games, but has some of the modern stuff added in.

23. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Ha, that's what they said about Halo CE and 2 anniversary; that it was never going to happen. we'll see what the outcome is.

24. StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Yeah that's pretty much the reason I'm giving this any credence.

25. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

how's Half Life? started it yet? :D