Do you guys want halo 5 to fully come to pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just replay TF2. fun as heck! Or the Half-Life series! I could play HL2 and the episodes for days!

Thom A293 told me that Star Citizen is pretty amazing, I checked it out, and it looks spectacular. it's a First Person Shooter with Dogfights, ground combat, a crazy big galaxy...etc. If you're thinking about no man's sky, don't. it's very different. Just watch the videos.

Star Citizen works horrible on _all_ my machines. No idea why, but the optimalisation is non-existant. If I look how well Elite Dangerous runs compared to Star Citizen, they still have a lot of work to do (although I will be the first to admit the games aren't really comparable as it's mainly a Dogfighter/economics type of game without ground combat). But I totally prefer the flight/combat model of Elite compared to Star Citizen.

Heh. Doom. Or WOOD, depending on box orientation. :D Graphically nice, and crushing demon skulls in "glory kill" never stopped being satisfying. Also, I liked the overall feeling of fairness in that game, even on the high difficulty levels. Last game I clocked on PC. But I'm predestined to like Doom games. It's my curse. :) It was my first FPS game on PC's which I played on a 386sx cpu machine running at 16Mhz. :D

Elite is even worse when I think of it : I played that first on a Commodore 64 where a fully 7-galaxies big universe with a couple of thousand planets all with their own ecoomical and political system was crammed into 38K or ram and a 6510 cpu running at 1Mhz, made possible due to the wonders of procedural programming, inclusive 3D wireframe graphics, dynamic economics systems, special missions and no patches/bugfixes or whatever after launch. And before I forget it : inclusive Tribbles. :D

I totally agree with Trevor when it comes to HL2.
If you've never played HL2 (you don't really need HL1 to enjoy HL2 imho, though the game is certainly story-driven the new gamer is guided into the game world very fast) it's pretty impressive a 13 year old game still is so playable these days, and some levels are still nifty to see and play (..Ravenwood. :D) and going 1:1 against a Strider still looks awesome.

Ravenwood! the level we all love! the Half life series is full of puzzles, epic explosions, 3-headed space worms, double barrel shotguns, SMGs with grenade launchers...when does it end?
It's possibly one of the best shooters in history. just play it, for the first time or the third.

Star Citizen works horrible on _all_ my machines. No idea why, but the optimalisation is non-existant. If I look how well Elite Dangerous runs compared to Star Citizen, they still have a lot of work to do (although I will be the first to admit the games aren't really comparable as it's mainly a Dogfighter/economics type of game without ground combat). But I totally prefer the flight/combat model of Elite compared to Star Citizen.

Heh. Doom. Or WOOD, depending on box orientation. :D Graphically nice, and crushing demon skulls in "glory kill" never stopped being satisfying. Also, I liked the overall feeling of fairness in that game, even on the high difficulty levels. Last game I clocked on PC. But I'm predestined to like Doom games. It's my curse. :) It was my first FPS game on PC's which I played on a 386sx cpu machine running at 16Mhz. :D

Elite is even worse when I think of it : I played that first on a Commodore 64 where a fully 7-galaxies big universe with a couple of thousand planets all with their own ecoomical and political system was crammed into 38K or ram and a 6510 cpu running at 1Mhz, made possible due to the wonders of procedural programming, inclusive 3D wireframe graphics, dynamic economics systems, special missions and no patches/bugfixes or whatever after launch. And before I forget it : inclusive Tribbles. :D

I totally agree with Trevor when it comes to HL2.
If you've never played HL2 (you don't really need HL1 to enjoy HL2 imho, though the game is certainly story-driven the new gamer is guided into the game world very fast) it's pretty impressive a 13 year old game still is so playable these days, and some levels are still nifty to see and play (..Ravenwood. :D) and going 1:1 against a Strider still looks awesome.
Been meaning to play the half life series for a while now, I'll probably buy them when I have some extra cash to spare. I've figured that the new DOOM would be my best bet for a "main" PC game since I don't like full on tactical realistic shooters or full on arena shooters, which is probably why I like halo so much, since it's sort of a middle ground. I've found that I don't enjoy many PC fps very much, CS is too dull for my liking, TF2 is class based, and I don't like that very much, and battlefield is too big for me. Never realized just how much more I like Halo than any other fps games until I couldn't play it (well I guess I can, but I don't really wan to play on xbox anymore) honestly, I don't think that I'd have ever gotten into fps games if it weren't for Halo.

I would love if it came to PC. I think anything by Microsoft should be standard on PC. Its hard to get time to play on a console with work and a wife who wants to watch her shows.

Been meaning to play the half life series for a while now, I'll probably buy them when I have some extra cash to spare. I've figured that the new DOOM would be my best bet for a "main" PC game since I don't like full on tactical realistic shooters or full on arena shooters, which is probably why I like halo so much, since it's sort of a middle ground. I've found that I don't enjoy many PC fps very much, CS is too dull for my liking, TF2 is class based, and I don't like that very much, and battlefield is too big for me. Never realized just how much more I like Halo than any other fps games until I couldn't play it (well I guess I can, but I don't really wan to play on xbox anymore) honestly, I don't think that I'd have ever gotten into fps games if it weren't for Halo.
Yes, play HL. You'll enjoy it. It isn't too realistic, it has a lot of mechanics similar to DOOM, but it's very different. It's kinda a horror-puzzle-FPS, and it's soooo fun.

I am not sure why but Halo and a little bit of Destiny are the only FPS games I have gotten into. Played Golden Eye on the 64 but for the most part is has always been RPG games that take over my life lol.

I am not sure why but Halo and a little bit of Destiny are the only FPS games I have gotten into. Played Golden Eye on the 64 but for the most part is has always been RPG games that take over my life lol.
Have you played Half-life? I can't stress how amazing it is. it's a MUST-play for any gamer. :D

And Golden-Eye...Ohhhhh.....:D

Have you played Half-life? I can't stress how amazing it is. it's a MUST-play for any gamer. :D

And Golden-Eye...Ohhhhh.....:D

Have not played Half-life but since it is available on PC I will have to try it out.

Yeah Golden Eye brings back allot of memories. I will have to get a 64 again lol

I suppose if they made a sensitivity limit, it would be fine.
I really don't think that a sensitivity limit is necessary. Halo has never been about flinging your reticule around as fast as you can, and contrary to popular belief, there are a lot of negatives to using a high sensitivity on PC. Basically, as long as you can 180 with a single swipe, you should get your PC sensitivity as low as you can, because 1) Your aim won't get AS far off when you aren't playing well (and we all have those days) and 2) It's significantly easier to track/hit successive shots on people, which is what Halo is all about. Sure, higher sensitivity player might have a slight advantage when it comes to sniping, but for the most part, it won't make a difference, and most likely be better to play on a lower sensitivity.

I would love if it came to PC. I think anything by Microsoft should be standard on PC. Its hard to get time to play on a console with work and a wife who wants to watch her shows.
I agree 100% I MUCH prefer playing games on my PC anyways, and I wouldn't mind hooking up my Xbox to the TV since I don't really use it anyway. Not only that, but I just can't find a fun multiplayer FPS on PC that I really stick with. CS:GO is all about shooting people once, and I hate games like that (Plus for some reason nearly everyone who plays it seems to think that they have godlike abilities and play for a pro team) Overwatch and TF2 are all class based, which I don't mind a ton, but games like that never can hold me for long. I have been enjoying Titanfall 2, but I play it more as a fun, pretty casual change of pace game. If Microsoft puts Halo on PC, they'll be filling this void, not to mention that there are loads of PC players who'd love to play an official Halo release. At least Destiny 2 is coming out this year, that should help a little, because I really did enjoy the first game while I played it. However, I'll be absolutely ecstatic if Halo 6 gets announced for PC.
Yes, play HL. You'll enjoy it. It isn't too realistic, it has a lot of mechanics similar to DOOM, but it's very different. It's kinda a horror-puzzle-FPS, and it's soooo fun.
Okay, I think I will! I just looked on steam, and I can get 1 and 2 for $10 each, but there also is Half life 2 episode 1 and 2. Do I need to buy those? I'd rather not, since I have $25 in my steam account, and it'd be nice not to have to add any more money.

StayFrosty, Um...Buy "Black Mesa-Source" on Steam. It's a remastered version of the original Half-Life, it looks a ton prettier than the original (well, the original is just dated). Only downfalls, Black Mesa is $20 and is in early-access. They've almost finished it, they're just working on the last level: "Xen"

you don't really have to play the original first, but as usual, it's nice to play stuff in order.

Half-life 2 has a SERIOUS cliff-hanger at the end, so you will want to get the episodes.

I'd recommend HL2 + episodes 1 and 2 over playing just HL1 and HL2. Half Life is pretty out of this world kinda game so most of the time you won't even know what is going on anyway. Half Life 2 is at least a little more cinematic and way better graphics, so you have a better chance of knowing what is going on, and you can extrapolate the why. I played Half Life 2 first and I don't feel like I missed out. I still have yet to finish HL1... It is pretty hard. Sprint +crouch +jump with perfect timing does a super long jump which you need to do onto tiny platforms. Makes for a lot of frustrating deaths. Some people are into that though. Skillz.

I replay HL2 every year. You will not be disappointed.

I'd recommend HL2 + episodes 1 and 2 over playing just HL1 and HL2. Half Life is pretty out of this world kinda game so most of the time you won't even know what is going on anyway. Half Life 2 is at least a little more cinematic and way better graphics, so you have a better chance of knowing what is going on, and you can extrapolate the why. I played Half Life 2 first and I don't feel like I missed out. I still have yet to finish HL1... It is pretty hard. Sprint +crouch +jump with perfect timing does a super long jump which you need to do onto tiny platforms. Makes for a lot of frustrating deaths. Some people are into that though. Skillz.

I replay HL2 every year. You will not be disappointed.
So would it be like going from Halo 1 to 2? I don't really need to know what happened before, but it's nice to? Like I said, I just spent a lot of money on upgrading my PC, so I'd rather not spend too much on games (I've already kinda failed on that)

yeah, just get HL2 and the episodes. you won't regret it.

or maybe you will...
REGRET, REGRET, REGRET...
upload_2017-4-7_15-24-54.png

lol, that's just a joke. just get HL2 and the episodes. be sure to play HL2 Ep 1 in a dark room or at night. just play all of 'em in a dark room, you'll enjoy it sooo much more. It's so much more fun that way.
BTW: like all Valve games, there are lots of fun puzzles.

yeah, just get HL2 and the episodes. you won't regret it.

or maybe you will...
REGRET, REGRET, REGRET...
View attachment 241946
lol, that's just a joke. just get HL2 and the episodes. be sure to play HL2 Ep 1 in a dark room or at night. just play all of 'em in a dark room, you'll enjoy it sooo much more. It's so much more fun that way.
BTW: like all Valve games, there are lots of fun puzzles.
Alright, will do. I'm glad that you recommended it because I've been looking at a lot of platformers lately, and while I love them, I get finished quick, and love to play a lot of them. $2-$5 per game isn't bad, but when you want to play a lot, it adds up pretty quick.

If all the halo games were on PC I would be able to play it from anywhere if I got a better laptop. Still happy with my crappy downgraded Lenovo flex 3 laptop that was best buy bought. Already have gaming head phones with mic and a gaming mouse.

If all the halo games were on PC I would be able to play it from anywhere if I got a better laptop. Still happy with my crappy downgraded Lenovo flex 3 laptop that was best buy bought. Already have gaming head phones with mic and a gaming mouse.
Not a fan of laptops, but yeah, there's absolutely no downside to putting halo on PC. I cannot stress enough how important it is that they make aiming where the bullets go exactly where the center of your screen is/where your reticle is no matter if you're moving or anything though. They can't do the Xbox crosshairs/reticles and bullet magnetism like in the past (Halo CE, Halo 2 Vista, Halo Online), it would be absolutely disastrous for the feel of the game. No bullet magnetism!

There was a remake of the Halo 3 multiplayer for computers and laptops called halo online. However it was only available in Russia (from what I hear), and it was never officially released outside of Russia except by some guys called Eldewrito or something like that. But there are lots of problems like other people using different versions than you so you can't connect to the games and matches. Halo Online is Officially discontinued by 343, but is still running thanks to Eldewrito, but still causes hundreds of problems due to it being an open and unsecure source as files could be corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back