Doc Dailey's Wetwork Helm Pep build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha! Doc Dailey I think you may have inspired me, with your problem's arising with Spartan helmet's being too small to be simply removed on and off. How about if we say cut out 2 small panel's that would allow for bigger access to fit the helmet, while installing Rare Earth Magnets (Or fastener or your choice Magnet's just happen to snap in place and come off easy.) so that the panels come on and off easier.

Sounds a little crude but if you have a visual mind like I do you can picture this all working together seamlessly, Put the Helmet on your head, quickly put the two small side panel's too seal the deal. Of course you will have to remove the panels to say remove the helmet but the magnet's should make that quick and easy,

Another option might be a simple hinging mechanism to open it up a little more maybe..? I'm not entirely sure, TBH I just read a post in this thread and got this idea just now

Hey Doc. I just spent a minute fixing up the helmet's opening. Do you think it'll work like this now? (as you can tell, it needs to be completely re-unfolded |D I may just try to copy the cuts from the original and save me a buttload of time...):

wetworks_helmfix_by_statyk94-d5r90td.png

I'd really hate to see you get stuck with having to split the helmet... Let alone what happens if you lose one part. >>

Statyk,
Thanks for reworking the helm opening. It looks way better. I ended up using sticks to force open the opening while I resin'd it. So they look almost exactly the same. Good on ya bud!

UPDATE:
Due to frigidly cold weather I've been slowed down big time for the bondo/resin phase. I still have alot of bondo'n to do. This is just where I am at the moment. Here is where I'm at now:

58274_512459188793980_803314945_n_zps21b56983.jpg

150683_512459202127312_832202447_n_zpse22111d6.jpg

379313_512459195460646_2042476956_n_zps4746731a.jpg

Sanded all that with the temperature hanging around 28deg. Back to the grind stone.

Wow this is just great work. I'm blown away with how much editing you did to fix this. thank you so much for your help on this helmet.

Your helmet looks great so far. I'm looking forward to seeing it go into the next stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back