Does Anyone Make Mk Vi Armor Anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Napkin

Well, I'm new here, and I've been looking around and seeing all the armor people make. To my surprise, the Mk VI armor is pretty rare. I see more ODST and Iron Man armor around (among other things). Not that it's a bad thing, but I'm just wondering. Does anyone really make the Mk VI anymore?

Yeah when I was doing my research here a few weeks ago I found a lot of people with mark VI suits already. I'm currently working on my own mark VI suit.

Yea, I'm currently working on a MK VI but its been put on the DL for now considering my other projects that I've mixed in. You see a lot of Iron Man wips but you have to understand that the release of Iron Man 2 is only a few months away. Also, with the recent release of reach info, you can see reach wips popping up as models and suits are being made for the release that is around 6+ months away. It really just corresponds with whats going on in the entertainment industry. I think, after the first 3-6 months after the release of Reach, things may die down and everyone may go back to the MK VI. Though, that may not be the case, we'll just have to see.

Another one here, working on my Mark VI helmet as I type this. Plan to make a modded MK VI suit for halloween next year, might wear it to PAX as well. :D Then next year is Iron Man MK III, or War Machine, I havent decided. Eventually an ODST and Emile's helmet from Reach. Also an Assult Rifle and dual SMG's, one modded to be Silenced SMG ODST style.

-Apoc

im also doing MKVI armor for my hayabusa build... a lot of people here have done their MKVI build so they try new ones like reach and ironman/war machine... so that's why many of the WIP threads here are those suits... they've just like new armors and stuffs... :D

I started with a MKVI, and had to put it on hold owing to the weather. I started Reach to coincide, so the two suits are coming along together. MKVI will always be the staple, there just isn't a substitute for good 'ol John-117. As much as we might love Dutch, Rookie, Mickie, maybe even eventually S-312, Carter, Emile, etc, you just can't replace Master Chief. He embodies all that is Halo. The MKVI captured out imagination, its like your first car you fell in love with. Others come and go, but she is always there to rekindle your love every time you see her or think of her.

I'm working on two Mk VI sets - one Recon and one hybrid Heavy Weapons variant.

So, if you mean to say 'pure' Mk VI sets, then no. A lot of people like to have permutations. As for MJOLNIR at all: well, it tends to go in and out of fashion depending on what Bungie are currently pooping out.

Just some inside numbers from the 405th Source Pepakura Hub - Top 5 Downloads:

1. Halo 3 - Mark VI HD Helmet DF4L - 3,359

2. Halo 3 - Mark VI HD Chest A4 Flyingsquirl - 1,773

3. Halo 3 - ODST Helmet NZ-TK - 1,762

4. Halo 3 - Assault Rifle A4 Flyingsquirl - 1,451

5. Halo 3 - Sniper Rifle Letter Rvb4life - 1,1135

So yes, people are marking Mark VI's - however .. for those of you who suck at math let me point out the obvious - 3,359 helmets, 1,773 chests... and all the other limbs don't even make the top 5 tells us that very few are actually finishing them. INFACT, combining my vast knowledge of all the members I've met personally at all the major conventions, along with the complete suit topics we have in the 405th Discussion area. The best guesstimation we can make is there is around ~75 full suits in existence from the 405th. The real total is impossible to tell due to there are many people who build their suits and never document it PLUS the original Nightmare Armor suits. There was that dancer group that recently performed so you'll need to add those in as well. All in all there are under 100 in existence we can actually account for. Kind of amazing for the few of us that actually do have a full suit.. and kinda puts it in perspective for you where the information is all stemming from.

Cheers,

Kensai *proud owner of 2 Mark VI's [created 3 total]*

I've been starting a mk. VI, but I'm doing it very carefully and as a result have virtually nothing. But yeah, many people have make a mk. Vi already, the ODST is just the latest craze, and I strongly suspect that Mk. III is going o become the new ODST...

i kinda did notice that, my first project will be the mark VI armor, but im sure there are other members pictures of that particular armor, i guess we just have to dig around more

I think some people are just waiting for better reach files for either the midnight release or just to stay "current" and have one of the few Halo Reach armor's.

I'm wondering how many there are out there that mold the Mark VI armor myself yes I am almost inished building mine from pep but soon I would like to have it in either fiberglass, vac formed or even smoothcasted if I could figure a way to keep it from making me break out with rashes.

My question was thoroughly answered. I thank all of you that replied. It seems there really is plenty of Mk VI armor out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back