[Done] Gixxer's Mc Mkvi

Status
Not open for further replies.
scout helm is scalled wrong .. i use the same scale with the MKVI but it still turn out damn huge .. and started on the COD piece .

SDC11763.jpg

Update : 26th Jan 2010

COD piece is done pepped ...

SDC11778.jpg

SDC11779.jpg

Adding some more details at the back piece. I've cut the bottom middle part so the back protector from my body armor shows. i think that might look cooler than the original stacks .. ;D

SDC11786.jpg

SDC11789.jpg

Nice work so far Gixxer I've been doing the same thing with my Mark VI of using low def parts and adding hi def parts to it.

forum rollbacked . nvrmind ..

SDC12227.jpg

SDC12218.jpg

SDC12242.jpg

LED added : 4th March 2010

SDC12277.jpg

SDC12276.jpg

Shin painted : 7th March 2010

SDC12281.jpg

8th March 2010 : I managed to sand four pieces today before starting on my work. I can get the helm finished by tomorrow. Just need more sanding and wee bit more sanding. Im really happy with the helm. Added some extra details and the new jaw section is great. But i noticed that the old visor cant fit. Need to get a new one tomorrow. The gauntlet (rubbies) is purchased from ebay. I bondo'ed it stick together instead of two separate pieces. And added one extra touch ..

SDC12307.jpg

SDC12293.jpg

SDC12324.jpg

More picture at my Flickr

More update : helm is sanded, painted, installed a fan at the side vent and four ULTRA bright LED .. its a freaking bright !

SDC12352.jpg

SDC12354.jpg

SDC12358.jpg

SDC12360.jpg

Vaulter85 said:
it's looking really good man, awesome job!

thanks

thatdecade said:
You could stop deer with those headlights! lol

hahaha ... i might gonna change it with normal white led .. or put a potentiometer or something ..

Last edited by a moderator:
the Zune/mp3 player screen thing looks cool! The Reach forearms look like it has a screen doesn't it.

LED'S !! just finished putting the led's ...

SDC12406.jpg

SDC12414.jpg

SDC12423.jpg

SDC12426.jpg

Enrisan said:
the Zune/mp3 player screen thing looks cool! The Reach forearms look like it has a screen doesn't it.

err. thats actually my phone : HTC Touch

SDC12317-1.jpg

Wow that's really, really, nice. The front chest LEDs seem a bit wonkey, like there not positioned right, but it might just be the pics.

*picks jaw up off the floor* nice work man ! just one question, after adding int the HD details to the back of the low def backpack... you going to modify the front as well ? more specifically the ab plate ? and not gonna lie, i wish i had card stock in those colours around here hahaha. nice build so far. and great job on the parts that you built in HD :). i also noticed that you cut out the very top... rib (for lack of better words) on the inside of the thighs. does it make much of a difference, fit wise with it gone ? i'm entertaining the idea of doing the same thing... stupid large thighs lol

O.T.

Update : i finally received the cast boot i bought from raviach. work on it as soon i got it . fits to my heavy duty steel toe boot perfectly .. i used a plunger for the middle part (between the front and back piece)

SDC12447.jpg

SDC12449.jpg

SDC12458.jpg

SDC12465.jpg

SDC12466.jpg

Roadwarrior said:
Wow that's really, really, nice. The front chest LEDs seem a bit wonkey, like there not positioned right, but it might just be the pics.

wonkey ? LOL

Outlaw-Tiger said:
*picks jaw up off the floor* nice work man ! just one question, after adding int the HD details to the back of the low def backpack... you going to modify the front as well ? more specifically the ab plate ? and not gonna lie, i wish i had card stock in those colours around here hahaha. nice build so far. and great job on the parts that you built in HD :) . i also noticed that you cut out the very top... rib (for lack of better words) on the inside of the thighs. does it make much of a difference, fit wise with it gone ? i'm entertaining the idea of doing the same thing... stupid large thighs lol

O.T.

not at the moment .. i will be making HD front chest after VGL . yeah .. it doesnt really fit my thighs .. cutting the top rib really helps..better fit and movement..

I'm stealing your armor... lol just kidding that looks great keep it up. I am definitely using the LEDs in the armor idea though!

I love the finished look of your suit! The lights add a lot to the impact of the presentation. You did an excellent job tricking out your forearm gauntlet. Mine is getting an MP3 player installed that fit perfectly into the recess created by the top plate detail.

Oh my gosh! This has got to be the coolest completed suit I've seen in a long time! This pretty much re-established my motivation to do a Mark VI suit this summer. Absolutely awesome work! I love the pics you took in public. I also love your lighting setup. One question: I'm planning on adding some LED circuits to my ODST helmet (about 4 LEDS) and chestplate (about 2), and I want to buy them from LEDSupply.com. Do I just need one resistor for each circuit, no matter how many LED's? And where could I buy little battery boxes in which to house my batteries and hook up all the wiring (assuming I need those)? Any explanations would be much appreciated!

Shade

Nightshade said:
Oh my gosh! This has got to be the coolest completed suit I've seen in a long time! This pretty much re-established my motivation to do a Mark VI suit this summer. Absolutely awesome work! I love the pics you took in public. I also love your lighting setup. One question: I'm planning on adding some LED circuits to my ODST helmet (about 4 LEDS) and chestplate (about 2), and I want to buy them from LEDSupply.com. Do I just need one resistor for each circuit, no matter how many LED's? And where could I buy little battery boxes in which to house my batteries and hook up all the wiring (assuming I need those)? Any explanations would be much appreciated!

Shade

here .. u can use this calculator : http://ledcalculator.net/ .. a led should be around 1.5v .. so if u wired 4 of it , u dont need a resister ... my helm and chest consist of two series separate circuit (one side each) and those two are connected in parallel to a 9v and 300k resister..total of 4 LED's ...

for shoulder piece .. 1.5v AAA 2 battery holder are connected straight to a switch and to the LED .. lasted more than 9 hours and still can lit ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back