dose this look bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

android272

Jr Member
dose this look like i should repep this or can i fix it with fiberglass

59466_487643245920_738665920_7278009_1467061_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A better pic would certainly help. Not entirely sure what youre wanting us to look at.

sorry the cod peace. the peace on the left
Well since you only seem to have resin on it, I would HIGHLY suggest that you add the support struts. There should have been at least 2 suuport struts that were included with the file. When you do big pieces like that, you NEVER want to harden it without the support struts because it increases the risk of major warping.

I would cut out the support struts then use it as a template then cut it out of cardboard since it's sturdy and it will help hold the shape better so that when you fiberglass, your cod piece will look better. :)

don't feel bad. my cod piece did the same thing. i made a second and used a combination of popsicle sticks and foam core poster board to give it support as i peped it the second time and ended up with no warping and it also ended up allot stronger when strengthened. i started using this technique on all my pep stuff. takes longer to pep but the end result is well worth it.

I would just redo it, and this time use the support struts. I never remove my struts. I typically fiberglass around them. Then after that fiberglass dries I pull them off, and glass that spot.

what i would do, is redo the cod piece (lol) but then practice other model making skills on the messed up piece, such as fibre glassing, putting car body stuff on, painting, instead of messing up other parts of your armour.

Its only the resin stage so that cod piece is still salvageable. Hell, my resined cod piece got rained on and it looked like a mushy mess and it was falling all into itself but luckily I was right there when it happened and I managed to save it. So I think just adding some support struts to it before you harden it will fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back