Dutch A How To Mold Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great tut Ben,and 1 Gallon for a whole suit,i heard it takes around 3 gallons,ahh...well..ODST is a smaller suit than mkvi and the likes.

mjolnir follower said:
Great tut Ben,and 1 Gallon for a whole suit,i heard it takes around 3 gallons,ahh...well..ODST is a smaller suit than mkvi and the likes.

Believe it or not what you use the most rebound for on a mark IV, V, or VI is the chest piece. That takes about 1 gallon by itself. After that the rest of the suit could be done in 1 gallon. So 2 gallons would do the entire suit of a mark IV, V, or VI.

Last edited by a moderator:
BenStreeper said:
Believe it or not what you use the most rebound for on a mark IV, V, or VI is the chest piece. That takes about 1 gallon by itself. After that the rest of the suit could be done in 1 gallon. So 2 gallons would do the entire suit of a mark IV, V, or VI.

WOAH WTF,1 Gallon for the chest,lordy lord.That's alot.

yeh i agree STICKY its really good for a molding tutorial thank you ben im lovin the dutch helmet i cant remember if you sayed that you made a peped version then bondoed or just from clay ? anyways it looks AWESOME the pepakura dutch helmet was brutal to make (well to me anyways) keep up the awesome work i can't believe you do 3 MOLDS omg thats got to be alot of money right?

Thanks for showing us everything! Really like the videos even though they're a little long but hey...I like the info!!!

those vidoes where very informative and nice and long i liked how long they where that way it was sort of live action instead of being skipped but hey thats just my opinion

Ben you FRACKIN' rock yo! Love these vids. Awesome work. Wish I had the garage space you have to knock out something like this.

Gearsofhalo said:
I'm waiting for the next one!!! lol I really want to see it!

yah wanting to see some pulls :)

Gearsofhalo said:
I'm waiting for the next one!!! lol I really want to see it!

Went to walmart to get some "supplies" for the mother mold tonight but they were out of what I need. However I will go back in the am to check again.

As for the next series :

MINI-ME : a how to mold with latex Project (Childsize dutch helmet)

I have also started a live cast station and will be Real-Time broadcasting once a week. You will be able to type in your questions in real time and have them answered live on the air during whatever project I am working on at the time.

What I need form you guys is a Time you would like the live cast. Please put your timezone on the request so that I can convert it to Central Standard Time.

GiR3892 said:
7 pm australian time? (i cant see that happeneing) :pits would be awesome though

well that would be 3am here so maybe for one show in the summer, when my daughter isn't in school. But probably not for the "normal" show

BenStreeper said:
well that would be 3am here so maybe for one show in the summer, when my daughter isn't in school. But probably not for the "normal" show

dam timezones it should be the same time all over the world even it's its night over there lol, is there any chance you could make a weekly podcast thread (like adams) for those who are unfortunate to miss out that would very appreciated if you could plus it would help out ALOT of the new people as well as us veterans that are learning the molding process

GiR3892 said:
dam timezones it should be the same time all over the world even it's its night over there lol, is there any chance you could make a weekly podcast thread (like adams) for those who are unfortunate to miss out that would very appreciated if you could plus it would help out ALOT of the new people as well as us veterans that are learning the molding process

I will post up as many vids as possible. I have also started a livestream which I am updating daily with videos from myself and many of the soaring hammer members. This will play 24hrs a day, and has a chat feature built in. Even if I am not on I encourage you to talk withe each other. Once we dinnertime what time/ day is good I will host the real-time shows for your questions through that stream.

A Proppers Life LiveStream

BenStreeper said:
I will post up as many vids as possible. I have also started a livestream which I am updating daily with videos from myself and many of the soaring hammer members. This will play 24hrs a day, and has a chat feature built in. Even if I am not on I encourage you to talk withe each other. Once we dinnertime what time/ day is good I will host the real-time shows for your questions through that stream.

A Proppers Life LiveStream

awesome thank you very much its greatly apprieciated

Holy Cheezits! I never realized how expensive mold making was. I think I'll just stick to making cheapo stuff out of cardstock for now. And thanks for these videos! They are very enlightening.

Hey Ben I've aways wanted to how much to order but its those uncertain facts that have left me to be hesitant ordering smooth on supplies, So about 1 gallon for ODST armor. What's the difference in rebound 25 and dragonskin? if there is a simple explaination. and another question if I may, Which kind of Smooth On plastic do you use for pouring into the molds? Thank You for your time. Great series of videos very helpful. Soaring Members really out do themselves. thanks guys from all the noobs.

Recons are awesommmmmmmmmmmmmmme! LOL nice outro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back