E3 2008 Coverage And News.

Status
Not open for further replies.
256 players... sounds like a lag fest to me, get ready to drop connections!!!

Anyways - new dash really doesn't matter. I spend my time in the games the only time I even see the dash is when I'm switching games / movies or occasionally shopping for RB content.

256 players? I wouldn't want to play...

1.) As stated above....NETWORK LAG
2.) If all they have to say about it is "It can support 256 Players!" then the rest of the game might be lacking
3.) 1:100 Ratio of actual players to n00bie 10 year olds. Seriously any game that brags about their Multiplayer brings swarms of little kids
4.) Load times of the HUGE ass map that is to support these 256 people must be an hour long
5.) Its only going to be on PS3, which is already lacking on a large community, where is our price cut Sony?
6.) Graphics are going to be low quality, because nothing can support 256 players and a colossal map under graphics like UT3 or Crysis without system lag (Though Graphics are not much if a factor IMO)

Nintendo didn't announce much, but what they did either was expected or known, regardless though their lineup looks pretty good, go WiiMusic!

Sony did the same, announcing everything we already heard about and are waiting for from E3 07 with the addition of a few things here and there that were just holding us over for the REAL titles like Killzone and Resistance. Also announcing the same partnerships that Microsoft took with MGM and the other studios.

Microsoft announced a new dashboard (Ugly but who cares?), Avatars (A rip-off sure, but didnt Sony do the same with their 'Trophy' system? Nintendo seems to be the only honest one lol), a long line-up games we knew about, and a complete shock with the exclusive FFXIII, along with the news that a new 360 is coming out, as well as a partnership with Netflix that will double the already numerous content on the video market, along with partnering with all the new channels and movie companies like Sci-Fi and MGM, IMO Microsoft won.

256 players thats too big all of the above reason plus this:anyone play psu demo theres alot there and its havoc all of them sell adult material oh plus they curse by bipassing the filters and its spam fest by chat bubbles

3.) 1:100 Ratio of actual players to n00bie 10 year olds. Seriously any game that brags about their Multiplayer brings swarms of little kids

True that, I wish there was a setting to exclude all teenagers. A lot of gamers are in their 20's and 30's I think it would be good if adults had the option of a child free zone. As for the dashboard, I honestly don't care what it looks like, seriously how long do you spend looking at it? Its just a navigation tool, All they are doing is making it do more, how can that be a bad thing? Remember, regardless of your opinion, M$ do have a little bit of experience designing user interfaces

complete shock with the exclusive FFXIII

I think Japan probably hates M$ and xbox more than ever now....any FF isnt really even a game, its a movie that you have to keep tapping X to make play.

Last edited by a moderator:
NZ-TK said:
I think Japan probably hates M$ and xbox more than ever now....any FF isnt really even a game, its a movie that you have to keep tapping X to make play.
haha, that made me laugh alot. aaahhhhhh, turn based rpg's

New dash = epic fail.

Dear Lord Microsoft, leave my dashboard alone! I don't like the new one at all. If I wanted to see something like that, I'd get on my Wii which I regret buying every time I look at it.

I personally don't find a problem with the dashboard, who cares if it looks ugly? I have seen A LOT worse and I hardly ever used it much, besides going to the Market for demos.

Dreadnought of Fury said:
I personally don't find a problem with the dashboard, who cares if it looks ugly? I have seen A LOT worse and I hardly ever used it much, besides going to the Market for demos.
I have to agree everyone seems very upset but in reality who gives a crap. I wasn't aware the dashboard was even used for anything....
I guess some people spend a lot of time on it?

leegrisham said:
I have to agree everyone seems very upset but in reality who gives a crap. I wasn't aware the dashboard was even used for anything....
I guess some people spend a lot of time on it?
I actually do spend quite a bit of time on the dash believe it or not. :) I use XBL just as much for talking to friends as I do gaming. When I'm not gaming, I just sit around in the dash looking at downloads and such while chatting with friends.

However, the Xii (Xbox Mii) as your gamer pic better be an option. I paid good money for that one gamer pic pack I bought over one and a half years ago! :p
I guess I'm more disappointed than anything. It seems like the 360 has just copied a lot of stuff lately instead of leading the way in developing new things. Just the way I see things though.

Sony did the same with their Trophy system so don't keep on pointing fingers at M$. I like to think of some rip-offs not a stealing, but as a complement that they thought the system was so cool they actually took the time to rip it off :p.

Yeah but the Mii's are so... stupid. And childish. I want to have my Pirate picture instead of some stupid Mii60 (Mii 360 lawl).

Nintendo seems to be the only company not playing tag-a-long with online features recently. Then again, Wii online support sucks.

The avatar idea is extremely stupid, plain and simple. Mii's were implemented into Nintendo's system because it allowed customization and family fun at the same time. The Xbox 360 is obviously not a good family gaming console, but more for the hardcore player/dedicated player.

On the other hand, the new features, along with FFXIII, are fantastic at the least. The dashboard is less than good looking, but that honestly doesn't matter compared to other factors.

Now, for Sony. 256 players? That will either be a lag-infested hellhole, or an underplayed multiplayer game.

Trophies are a complete ripoff, without a doubt.

Didn't read up much on Nintendo's reveals.

In the end, Microsoft wins by a landslide. Sony is just rallying up what was revealed last year.

I like the way my dashboard looks now, and don't really care for the new one. But if you can change the background behind the "tiles/little square things" then it won't be quiet as bad. I hope it is an option to use it, but I doubt that.

As for the avatars, if I wanted to see a virtual version of myself I would turn on Wii (which I mostly bought for Zelda Twilight Princess, and SSBB). I mean gosh M$ think of something original, will ya.

For the games and stuff I'm cool with all of that, except I want Halo Wars sooner that next spring.

Wow 256 players at once, and I thought it got laggy with 16 players, enough said.

So over all I'm kind of in the middle of liking whats going on and not liking it.

werewolf7171 said:
Wow 256 players at once, and I thought it got laggy with 16 players, enough said.

Unless all 256 players have super-efficient spaceage connections, they'll be getting an amazing 2 frames per second.

Just like Crysis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back