Easy armor please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlemisssark

I’m so new and have little crafting skill but I want to cosplay Felix from red vs blue SO BAD and properly and I lack money and crafting skill. Is there any way of doing this fairly simple and affordable?

Last edited:
There is concept that floats around in the business world that I always like to employ for Costuming as well. It's the Time/Cost/Quality Triangle.

Basically, it boils down to, you can have two of those concepts, but not all three. You can have a costume quick, but it is either going to be very expensive or very low quality. You can have a costume very cheap, but it is either going to take a long time, or be low quality.

Paper based Pepakura and Foam Based Pepakura are both skills that can be easily learned, if they do take time to master. Take some time to research and look around here on the forums at both to get a better feel for them. Pepakura can almost be a "Build BY Numbers" system, but paper based Pep will need the use of Fiberglass and Resin, or another strengthening material and Foam requires a unique set of skills to make look really good.

Unfortunately, since you have picked Felix, that is going to be Halo 4 armor, which is inherently much more complicated to do than the "Original Trilogy" armor.

Here is another member that did Felix armor to get an idea of the process:

ANd here is the netry in "The Armory" for the Halo 4 Scout armor, if you want to have a crack at Felix's helmet as a start:

There is concept that floats around in the business world that I always like to employ for Costuming as well. It's the Time/Cost/Quality Triangle.

Basically, it boils down to, you can have two of those concepts, but not all three. You can have a costume quick, but it is either going to be very expensive or very low quality. You can have a costume very cheap, but it is either going to take a long time, or be low quality.

Paper based Pepakura and Foam Based Pepakura are both skills that can be easily learned, if they do take time to master. Take some time to research and look around here on the forums at both to get a better feel for them. Pepakura can almost be a "Build BY Numbers" system, but paper based Pep will need the use of Fiberglass and Resin, or another strengthening material and Foam requires a unique set of skills to make look really good.

Unfortunately, since you have picked Felix, that is going to be Halo 4 armor, which is inherently much more complicated to do than the "Original Trilogy" armor.

Here is another member that did Felix armor to get an idea of the process:

ANd here is the netry in "The Armory" for the Halo 4 Scout armor, if you want to have a crack at Felix's helmet as a start:
Thank you! Felix is just one of my favorites and his armor is really unique. I can’t just saved up a few hundred and paint halo armor for him which is why I chose it. I’ll definitely look at what you linked.

Littlemisssark I'm not sure if you planned on making a scout helmet but I know IconProps on esty has a resin cast scout helmet in their shop. It's little bit pricey like $150? But it's well worth it, I bought their noble 6 and I wasnt disappointed with the quality of it. And they also has visors to go with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back