Electrostatic Wall At 3m Plant

Status
Not open for further replies.
THAT WOULD BE SOOOO SICK
I would so pay to go into there, u could liek shoot bullets at it and they would be stopped in mid air!! how sick!!
Idk how youy would go about adapting that into your suit, but you would be so invincable!!!

He observed a fly get pulled into the charged, moving plastic, and speculates that the e-fields might have been strong enough to suck in birds!

This "invisible wall" was strong enough to prevent humans from passing through. A person near this "wall" was unable to turn, and so had to walk backwards to retreat from it.

It's physically impossible to build this into your suit. The invisible wall was formed inside a Electrically Charged Tent (ECT). The ECT radiates electro-static, meaning that inside the "tent" is highly charged. This charge is enough to form a "wall". So, to place it in your armor without a ECT would be impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is very interesting!

My question is this: if the entire situation could be turned on its side, so the "invisible wall" became an "invisible floor", could a person *stand* on it?
That was the first thing I thought. lol

X-Ray tape, that's crazy! ^.^

25514173.JPG

This needs to be on "Mythbusters" right now! I wanna see how they'd have fun with a forcefield.

Yep, if DARPA isn't already aware, they'll be all over it soon enough.

I want to turn it sideways to create an invisible floor... This is pretty amazing stuff.

Spartas Phalanx said:
I remember reading somewhere that that releases x rays
Found it
so i doubt that you would want that in your suit
still an interesting concept though.

I remember reading about the x-ray photons given off by tape being peeled, but according to the article you'd need it to be in a near-perfect vacuum to do that. I was j/k about putting this in the suit.. as arbiter pointed out, i'd literally need to devise some way to make a small section of a factory production line that was capable of producing potential differences in the megavolts portable.

Jason 'Biff' H said:
I was j/k about putting this in the suit.. as arbiter pointed out, i'd literally need to devise some way to make a small section of a factory production line that was capable of producing potential differences in the megavolts portable.

Actually, if you found out a way to create a reverse dome ECT, then it may be possible.

Just shuffle your feet on carpet... a LOT.

What's funny is that something like this happened at the gym I go to. It was a particularly good day for static, and I noticed when I got on a trampoline, I could feel an electrostatic field around me, on my arm, leg, and head hair. Then when I jumped in the air away from the trampoline bed, the feeling would go away, then come back as you neared the bed again. Needless to say, it was pretty weird. I can only imagine what it would be like on an industrial level. O.O

If we could scale this down (if only.), you'd be able to do everything from having energy shields to force pushing people! 8O

I don't know much about the science behind the effect at 3m but...I've heard of Faraday Cages and what they do. Maybe if a Spartan suit was a Faraday then you COULD have your forcefields lol. They have Faraday suits that allow workers to sit on live powerlines... ;) hmmmmm

Vexona said:
I don't know much about the science behind the effect at 3m but...I've heard of Faraday Cages and what they do. Maybe if a Spartan suit was a Faraday then you COULD have your forcefields lol. They have Faraday suits that allow workers to sit on live powerlines... ;) hmmmmm

But can they absorb plasma fire like a sponge? No, you'd just burn to death.
/epicfail parody of an epic quote.

Anyways, there's currently no feasible way of putting this in a suit. Also, someone needs to go to this 3m plant and shoot at the forcefield, see if it stops bullets

The first thing I would do is look for the jedi responsible for this :p . No, but really, that would be amazing in a suit. Simple Solution: Use the force and you have a forcefield.

Vexona said:

correct me if i'm wrong, but i though the main use of a faraday cage was to cancel out static electrical fields, such as high voltage line worker's suits, but also electromagnetic radiation from cell phones, radios, etc and avoiding harm to electrical components due to lightning strikes.

Well aside from joking around, the idea was that you could interrupt it where/if you wanted.

I want to think that the phenomena has a useful application ;_;. And so I shall continue to imagine and ignore science lol.

Vexona said:
Well aside from joking around, the idea was that you could interrupt it where/if you wanted.

I want to think that the phenomena has a useful application ;_;. And so I shall continue to imagine and ignore science lol.

All new science comes from ignoring established science
*cough* string theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back