Status
Not open for further replies.

alorix

It never seems like there are many Elite costumes so I wanted to try to make one. I tried to do a Minor but the helmet didn't turn out well. I have the digi leg stils and some practice with helmets.

I'm wondering if anyone happens to have halo 4/5 Zealot armor?

First attempt at minor helmet. Did some alterations, but still don't like it.
tumblr_otz80tdgUi1ro2peyo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_otz80tdgUi1ro2peyo2_1280.jpg

Not many people take on the immense challenge of doing the Sangheili. Good one you! I look forward to seeing your progress.

It's not an easy build.....but is can be done. There are a few pic in the forum and a few if you do a Google search....but the ones I've seen the lower jaw always makes the whole appearance comical rather than ominous or threatening.

It's not an easy build.....but is can be done. There are a few pic in the forum and a few if you do a Google search....but the ones I've seen the lower jaw always makes the whole appearance comical rather than ominous or threatening.

I get that. Non humans have to be done REALLY well it make it look serious. I think i'll do a full helmet to avoid that.

Well, in order to help, read, read and read some more. Practice on your foamwork on separate pieces (Scraps) and make sure your blade is always sharp. I would suggest in getting a blade sharpener. Not a stone....a kitchen one.

Well, in order to help, read, read and read some more. Practice on your foamwork on separate pieces (Scraps) and make sure your blade is always sharp. I would suggest in getting a blade sharpener. Not a stone....a kitchen one.
i have a kitchen one. but idk how to use it right.

Do you know the old joke "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?"..........."Practice, practice, practice."

Well the more you work at it the better you become. Just don't stop.

I know the feeling. but think of the build as a marathon rather than sprint race. A few strides in a marathon in comparison to a sprint is relatively nothing. A good build can take as much as a year to finish.......a great suit can take even longer. It all depends on how much time and effort you put in to it. Be patient and the finish line will arrive sooner than you think.

So the pic above is what you have done so far for your helmet...correct? If no, post a pic, if yes continue: Next order of business is to fill in the seams and get the cut lines cleaned up. A little caulk will do nicely to fill in those gaps. You will need a paintable flavor of caulk....keep that in mind, otherwise the the paint won't stick (Thank you Capt. Obvious for stepping in to the room and announcing yourself). Also invest in a sanding block or sponge. If you really want to go all out, an orbital or table top sander will go a long way to getting smoother ends. Now as far as noty knowing how to cosplay....... have you been to some of the cons lately.......aluminum foil and cardboard is all you need apparently. Maybe some scotch take.....but that is optional.

So the pic above is what you have done so far for your helmet...correct? If no, post a pic, if yes continue: Next order of business is to fill in the seams and get the cut lines cleaned up. A little caulk will do nicely to fill in those gaps. You will need a paintable flavor of caulk....keep that in mind, otherwise the the paint won't stick (Thank you Capt. Obvious for stepping in to the room and announcing yourself). Also invest in a sanding block or sponge. If you really want to go all out, an orbital or table top sander will go a long way to getting smoother ends. Now as far as noty knowing how to cosplay....... have you been to some of the cons lately.......aluminum foil and cardboard is all you need apparently. Maybe some scotch take.....but that is optional.
its KINDA what i have, IT doens't fit. And no no cons. I'm using EVA foam btw

And how much EVA foam exp......just so I know where you're at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back