Entry-Level Costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpartanForever said:
Just work together and work hard, there shouldnt be wasted time bickering back and forth on weather or not someone's is good enough, and there really isnt a point in arguing over what will be accept in the 405th once it is fully established since NONE of you are mods and will have the right to make that decision.

What are you, racist? Telling me I can't do anything because of the title under my picture? What kind of man are you? Ignorant, thats what I say. Isn't that what this world is all about anyways.

PeterGriffin3_edited-full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SpartanForever said:
OMG!!! STOP BASHING EACH OTHER IN THIS UNDER MINDED WAY!!! It isnt straight forward but you can see the sarcasm in it... We are all here to be together and make armor and no one should be criticized on their armor unless it is constructive. Molded armor is no better than Pep armor or cardboard, etc... it is just different and no one should be looked down on because of this. Obviously molded armor will have a bit more detail or some things that pep cant have but it still doesnt mean that pep is bad. Just work together and work hard, there shouldnt be wasted time bickering back and forth on weather or not someone's is good enough, and there really isnt a point in arguing over what will be accept in the 405th once it is fully established since NONE of you are mods and will have the right to make that decision. Leave it alone, get back one topic.

To get on topic, marines are cool and there are a lot cheaper tac vests out there Rob, airsoft Tac vests look the exact sae and are 60 bucks cheaper, check out airsoftgi.com

EDIT: by the way Rob and Primal you guys are the last people we want in a little girl scout bicker fight because you two are both very stubborn and head strong.
Ya ya We made up
And by the I am one of the 9 that have the right to make that decision. sorry

P.S. TheRob Relax with the racist thing Commie may have work some how but we digress...(no spell ck on digress. the posting thing is helping my spelling a lot)

Alright, that's it.

I'm no moderator, and I certainly hold no power in this forum, as has been described to me MANY times by MANY of The Powers That Be, but I'm stepping up here to use my moderating experience in this matter in the hopes that perhaps this little matter can be resolved once and for all without another member lighting up a flame and tossing it in.

SpartanForever is right in his statement: less time whining about the details, more time on actually WORKING on your armor to make it the best it can be. Nobody here yet has set a standard for armor quality, and as one of the people previously making a huge stink about this matter before finally coming to my senses, I'll say this:

Sitting around whining is just going to make you look like an idiot, and it's also going to draw the Moderator's attention to you - trust me, I've received my share of complaints via PM. Furthermore, it's wasting good forum space, and time we could have used to debate just where we draw the line between quality armor and armor that doesn't meet the grade.

In the end, the Moderators have the power, and whether we like it or not, we have to follow those rules because they're put in place for our benefit. So, to quote the Halo book 'The Flood':

"If I say 'crap' I expect you to say 'what color, how much, and where do you want it?' Do you read me?"

What they say, ultimately, GOES. So, if they say 'we're only accepting moulded armor of Adam's quality' you'd better hope you can match that. If we're told they'll accept something a little less, we'll go with that. And in the end, like it or not, you'll have to either adapt, find some way of getting armor from elsewhere, or drop out. No amount of bickering is going to change that, so please. One last time:

Cut the whining and let's get back on track. This topic is about where to draw the line between 'quality' and 'non-grade', so I suggest you start looking at ways to suggest what you would consider for the two.

We win... My beef Strong...

No standard has been set... its still open for discussion... not open for bashing. ;)

Spase said:
We win... My beef Strong...

No standard has been set... its still open for discussion... not open for bashing. ;)

Do you think this would be acceptable?

Only if the kid has mad ninja turtle skillz. ;)

We're currently only discussing basics of costumes as far as a fair and balanced review process. We haven't even touched any solid guidelines or standards yet so there's nothing really to talk about. :rolleyes

If folks can't stop chucking Molotov Cocktails at people's replies then this topic will just wind up being full of fiery speculation until there is something announced for people to actually argue about. Then you guys can get rid of the flame bombs and bring in the siege equipment :lol:

So get building some armor and catapults!

Honestly, my armor isn't that good. It's very misshapen and thrown together. Thing is, it's the right proportion and has a depective paintjob making it look pretty good.

really, that should be the minimal quality.

Adam said:
Honestly, my armor isn't that good. It's very misshapen and thrown together. Thing is, it's the right proportion and has a depective paintjob making it look pretty good.

really, that should be the minimal quality.

Dont be humble... your armor depicts master chief the way it should and has more detail then almost all armor i have seen, cept for maybe bluerealm and Legendary...

Second post gone. Let the flames die out. Be the bigger man. - Armored Ninjas

Armored Ninjas or not, I was here, but umm, hi, lets go back to the top of the page, and realize a satirical post, made by TheRob.

SpartanForever, meet Satirical Joke you don't get.

Satirical Joke, meet SpartanForever.

TheRob, meet my post, and also, the ignored request to drop the argument, as agreed to by SpartanForever.

Take it to PMs if you have anything further to say. If it detracts from this topic any further, it will be reported - let's get this thing back on track before disciplinary action has to be taken, please. I'd rather not have to have the moderating team down on you, Third Reich as their techiques may be or not.

Don't worry about it TheRob. Humor is pretty difficult to communicate over the internet, sarcasm and satire even more so. :p

Third Reich Weyland? Come-on we're not that bad.
ikari.jpg

The Postopo are watching.- jk :p

Just wanted to let you guys know a piece of information that will be pretty crucial to costume building. The costumes will most likely need to be cannon material from the Halo Universe with some kind of illustrative reference to back it up. So the "even marines wear civies" type of argument isn't going to hold up. Take a minute to think about all the implications of this especially related to the novels and the terminals.

Now you guys have something pretty solid to lob attacks at. Just trying to prod this in a more productive direction.

Sigma-LS said:
... The costumes will most likely need to be cannon material from the Halo Universe with some kind of illustrative reference to back it up...

Will there be a minimum number of references needed? will multiplayer variants be considered cannon? and various other questions along those lines... or is the cannon statement just something to think about while the finer points are ironed out?

Woah...lots of arguing....anyway...I paid around 70$ candian for a good pair of used combat boots a few months ago...surplus can be surpirsingly not cheap...I paid 14$ for an O.D BDU jacket...then paid 60$ for the matching pants :lol: depends whre you go

Belakor said:
Will there be a minimum number of references needed? At least 1 :D (No clue really, details haven't been finalized)

will multiplayer variants be considered cannon? YES, haha I was able to give a straight answer.

and various other questions along those lines... Like?

or is the cannon statement just something to think about while the finer points are ironed out? I think should refer to anything that has appeared in a Halo game, concept art, etc. Finer points being hammered out though.

Hope that helps a bit.

Sigma-LS said:
Belakor said:
and various other questions along those lines... Like?

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks for that info Sigma :D

for the "various other questions" I was thinking of things like:

How restrictive would the canonicity aspect be when it comes to multiplayer... like, would it be a big problem if someone used a color combination that wasn't available in-game? and, looks at my Recon helmet (;)), would things like alternate visor color be acceptable? there were other questions but they've completely slipped my mind :rolleyes ...

The reason I brought up the question of number of references is just from experience with the 501st, I think it's three visual references from three different sources for something to be considered cannon but in this situation I don't think it would work well since there aren't that many sources of cannon information in the Halo universe and a lot of it is from books... maybe would could get someone to "borrow" a copy of the story bible for reference purposes ;)

Belakor said:
maybe would could get someone to "borrow" a copy of the story bible for reference purposes ;)
I think that's where the working props come in.. I can see the headlines now-
Crazed halo Fans Assault Bungie Offices!, Three Slain By Superhuman Future-Warriors!, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back