Epoxy And Nylon Straps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liq

If any of you are familiar with my WIP thread you can see I'm in the process of getting my chest/back pieces together. I've been mentally toying with what would be the easiest/best route to do this that could actually hold up...

Can I epoxy the nylon straps directly to the chest/back armor? What i want to do is have it buckle near the pec area where I can just reach my hand in and unclick it. I also have chicago screws in 3/8 inch size, and I thought about either epoxying them on the inside and connecting straps to them or maybe putting bondo around the female ends and using it to kind of glue the screw to the armor pieces.

If any of these methods would work what kind of epoxy would I need exactly? I have Loctite brand for plastics that sets in 7 minutes, and I'm not sure if it would hold a metal chicago screw, hence my question here and my other ideas. I will also be working with 1.5 inch nylon strapping.

Oh and yes I did a search, and yes I've read the strapping stickies. I was going to ask Dogwizard directly, but it appears his inbox is full or something so any input from experienced members would be helpful. Please don't mention magnets either, I really didn't want to go that route.

**EDIT** I managed to snag a small piece of nylon strapping and epoxied it to the inside of my back armor. I tugged it a little and it seems to stay on pretty well. I'm going to give it a full day to cure before I thrash it around too violently. If it works I'll just straight epoxy strapping to each side and run the buckle where I can detach it easily. For bottom half I think I'm just going to do velcro. It only needs to just sit in place and not really support any weight.

Oh and the nylons color is HOT PINK, so I'll always have hot pink nylon inside my armor, haha, and as always with me feedback is very much welcomed as I'm still fairly new to this adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back