EVA / SPI visors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Anwalt

Sr Member
Member DIN
S530
Hey all, just wondering if anyone out there has managed to complete an EVA /SPI helmet visor? I ask because every reference I find to Spartan 051 Kurt shows a bubble helmet (Curse the illustrator that first showed it!!!)

How would one go about making one.... just curious? Does anyone have any experience in this regard?

I would say vacuum forming is the best way to go. Maybe you could find a clear plastic bowl with a similar shape, but I don't know. I think dirtdives made an emile suit if I recall

I haven't gotten to that point yet. I was working on a side project and now I'm kind of on hiatus.....I have that terrible disease, Fundus too Lowes......I have the helmet peped and resined but I haven't fiberglassed it yet. My intention is to cut out the face plate section once done, back-fill it w/ cement or some other similar type material, and use a heat gun to soften plexiglass and gently sculpt it in to the crevices w/ a putty knife. If scratches occur, it should just add to the look. I've seen vaccum formed Emile faceplates......you need a template for that sort of thing regardless.

All very true. "fundus too lowes" Hahahaha

Developing a vacuum form buck is a must. I've been looking into building a "poor man's vac-forming rig" using leftover parts. It's going to be a while before that's ready to go though

Matt

All very true. "fundus too lowes" Hahahaha

Developing a vacuum form buck is a must. I've been looking into building a "poor man's vac-forming rig" using leftover parts. It's going to be a while before that's ready to go though

Matt

The El Cheapo vacuum former is awesome, but it always leaves you wanting more. I've already felt I've outgrown my little 9"x9" one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back