F.e.a.r 2: Project Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

iizahsum

um, it's not even out yet, couldn't you have waited 3-4 weeks until it actually comes out for this very important post?

TF, F.E.A.R. 2 is coming out well before Halo 3:Recon and we had a Recon thread as soon as the Keep It Clean appeared ;) Then again, this is a Halo community...

I used to like first Fear a lot so I'm pretty sure I'll be getting this one when it comes out.

Demo should be out tuesday, but some already got a hold of it.

and this topic was amde for F.E.A.R. fans to discuss what they think will happen in Project Origin, and if any people new to F.E.A.R. will be getting it. i also see alot of potential PDOs.

TF_Productions said:
um, it's not even out yet, couldn't you have waited 3-4 weeks until it actually comes out for this very important post?
I am getting the beta codes for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
F.E.A.R made me crap my pants, hide in a very well lit room with a flash light, and made me stay up for a week straight. Nah, I'm just kidding! But I know there are other members her *cough BlackRoseImmortal cough* who are on the same boat as me. ;)

yeah, just trying to get people to think twice about making threads, no offence, but there are loads of useless ones around...

anyway, I loved F.E.A.R., but the expansions were lame, and I hope the b*tching about the name rights haven't harmed the game... I always liked the weapons, fast paced gameplay and alma. omg, I'm not going to sleep well the next month :D

also, I hope the surroundings aren't going to be as grey, they made F.E.A.R. somewhat boring in parts.

When is the demo available to silve members?

My dad's account is the only one that can do rated M downloads.

dunno I am a PC player, more reliable too me.

Any way, F.E.A.R. 2 Demo is located Here those who did not know.

Any one play Fear 1 on pc with multiplayer? It is free if you want it, located Here

edit- if u do tell me your ingame name so we can play.

Played the 360 demo this weekend. I dunno' I'm on the fence. Looks good, and doesn't play-out ENTIRELY the same way twice. The "mech warriors" bit seemed a little cheesy. As a straight-up first-person shooter it worked out alright. Seemed KINDA' spooky, but I'm guessing I need more of the storyline to really know.

I thought shooting at ghosts to stop them from hurting you, and to make them disappear is a little lame. I think it'd be more appealing to simply have the ghosts run at you without really attacking, rather than have to shoot them. It's what I thought was happening at first, but then I'm taking damage, and I thought I was getting shot at and looking around for other enemies, but there's nothing.. just the ghost.

Also, lights going dim are a little too much of a clue that goofiness is afoot, and having areas that dim your flashlight for no reason (after a "haunting") is kinda cheesy. Unless there's a way to do something like destroy a body/ artifact/ whatever or experience a specific haunting to remove the "dim zone," there's really no point to it. It doesn't feel like much of an atmospheric thing.. just a cheesiness factor if it lasts past the haunting itself.

Dunno though.. if I had more funds laying around, I'd probably pick it up. I've only played the Fear 1 demos previously, and never even rented part 1, but this one felt better somehow, from the basic 1st person shooter perspective.

I agree with most of your post Dead guy.

My favorite thing has to be the cover system or the physics, they are pretty damn good. The games demo has some good scares, but nothing more than that, the mechs are a bit cheesy but online I pretty sure they will be fun, The replica soilders seem to have gotten harder, and smarter. Also the thing I have always loved about Fear is the A.I. are damn smart, as they will flank you if you try to run, pick up on the smallest sounds, and will take cover instead of just geting rained on with bullets.

iizahsum said:
dunno I am a PC player, more reliable too me.

Any way, F.E.A.R. 2 Demo is located Here those who did not know.

Any one play Fear 1 on pc with multiplayer? It is free if you want it, located Here

edit- if u do tell me your ingame name so we can play.

Do you want to know why I don't want to get this for the PC?

Just played the demo, and I have to admit this is another game I'm looking forward to. I'm a fan of the original game and it's expansions and I'm definitely going to get this game as well as Resident Evil 5. ;)

I got the demo last night and I admit, I could only play through about 5 minutes of it. It scared the living daylights out of me. The first FEAR was scary, but Origins is a whole new ball game, to me atleast. I love it though. lol

i played the demo and I really did say these things

"who even made this into a game??!!!"
"what would shooting a ghost with a shotgun do?"
"theres not the much blood in 10 people"

I also didnt want to go in any dark halls, but the game is actually awesome. lol.

Razgriz said:
F.E.A.R made me crap my pants, hide in a very well lit room with a flash light, and made me stay up for a week straight. Nah, I'm just kidding! But I know there are other members her *cough BlackRoseImmortal cough* who are on the same boat as me. ;)
lol same thing happened to me :D

Ahhh.. I can not seem to get enough from this demo. Feb. 10 seems to be takeing its time, and my B-day is only 5 days after, I wonder what I will be getting. Damn right socks, JK probably socks and FEAR 2.

I am going to try and beat the game with no slow-mo the whole way, PC has acheivables and it is one.
"who even made this into a game??!!!"
"what would shooting a ghost with a shotgun do?"
"theres not the much blood in 10 people"

Monolith studios, They are pretty awesome, and twisted.
What else would you do if you had a gun and saw a ghost
You would be suprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back