Fan Film Soundtrack Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGT Razor

Sr Member
I've been playing the guitar for almost a year now, and I'm willing to write some songs for your fan films. I can record them and send them to you via e-mail. I've written a few Halo-sounding, rock-styled songs and they sound pretty good. But who am I to judge?

I'm not real sure exactly how to record it, or what format to put it in...
I'm also not real keen on putting it on the internet for anyone to steal.

One easy way for people to get a sample of your stuff would be to get a myspace music account and upload a few songs there.

To record music onto your PC, you might check out a program like Audacity.

Fruity Loops is a great music mixing and editing program but costs money.

Friendly said:
I'm not real sure exactly how to record it, or what format to put it in...
I'm also not real keen on putting it on the internet for anyone to steal.

To record, you'll need an amp with a frequency corrected output (usually just called DI-Out... headphone-out will do fine, too) or an amp-simulator (also called an effect processor) like say a Korg Pandora (PX4D) or those Zoom or any fx-pedal with a headphone output (or usb if you have that).
Alternatively, you can use a microphone, but that's not worth the effort if you've got other possibilities.

Audacity is indeed a good program for recording and rearranging.

format has got to be ogg or mp3 for distribution. if you need a lossless codec, for saving your recordings and being able to edit them without worrying about quality loss, go for flac or wavpack. audacity has full flac support afaik.

if your putting your work on the internet and don't want people stealing it, then the only way to go is publishing short samples of the whole song in a below average quality (compressed too much).

EDIT: Gah, with all the technical mumble-jumble i forgot to say that as a guitar player i'd also like to hear some of your stuff! But you do know, steve vai played guitar on the halo soundtracks one and two (y) the legend

Last edited by a moderator:
steve vai played guitar on the halo soundtracks one and two

My friend got to go to a G3 concert and saw Him, Joe Satriani and John Petrucci I believe. Lucky SOB.

breaking benjamin did a song for halo 2 as well, "blow me away".. One of my favorite songs/parts of the game

Spartan-NX said:
To record music onto your PC, you might check out a program like Audacity.

TF_Productions said:
Audacity is indeed a good program for recording and rearranging.

format has got to be ogg or mp3 for distribution. if you need a lossless codec, for saving your recordings and being able to edit them without worrying about quality loss, go for flac or wavpack. audacity has full flac support afaik.

if your putting your work on the internet and don't want people stealing it, then the only way to go is publishing short samples of the whole song in a below average quality (compressed too much).

Okay, thanks, guys. I guess I'll use audacity, but I'm gonna have to use another computer because this one doesn't have sound. I may even get this one fixed and record it. We'll see. I'll also make a myspace to put some samples on there. Thanks again for the help.

Hey, no need for thanks, we're the ones who want to hear something :lol: really looking forward to this. no pressure though!

Can't wait to hear your stuff. Also I've been playing with the demo of FL studio so if anyone wants help I can give it a try. My older brother has the real version of FL studio 7 so If I'm real nice....the only drawback to the demo is you can't save and come back you either delete it or export it as an mp3 or other audio file.

Wow, I forgot about this thread. I'll go record some stuff right now. If you want to hear some samples, PM me your e-mail address.

Hey, if you are still up for this, I'll send you a sample draft script and you can see if you can get a feel for the music to go in there. See if we can work on something

TheRob said:
Hey, if you are still up for this, I'll send you a sample draft script and you can see if you can get a feel for the music to go in there. See if we can work on something

Yeah, sure. Do what you do. I'm always open to ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back