Fan Film thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Anwalt

Sr Member
Member DIN
S530
After careful consideration, and a helpful suggestion by Shadowshail, I am moving the fan film to this thread. Updates on the regiment objectives will still continue, but only for official updates. All the work, conversion, plans, and thoughts for the fan film go here.

Last edited:
Wootness! Once i get into the summer and working on stuff i should be able to figure out stuff for what i can do for set construction. Also Wyoming has some pretty awesome places to film

Sounds good to me. I am cautious a little bit, though. This has been my baby for years, and I'd hate to see it run over.........

I dont want anything run over man. What roles are you planning on filling? I.e. director, Director of Photography, main actor?

I myself? Director. It gets the biggest paycheck. :p

Just kidding. I don't imagine this will make any money, really...

I'd also like to pop in as one of the fighter pilots. Very small roll, but fighter pilots are like a thing, you know?

I do think having people spend a little time practicing their "marine skills" would be important. Helps with trigger control and how they present themselves. Know what I mean? I was thinking of having my buddy do a presentation or teach a class or something that will aid in Marine actor unity. Maybe an hour or two, I dunno.

We'll also need man power to act as the Sr. Staff and admiralty.

So now this thread is created, I think we're should focus on making the film LOOK great. I'm not an expert on framerates and all that, but I'm hoping for NOT a soap opera, you know? I would also like to make quality shots rather than rush things.

Also there are a lot of things in films that bother me, like not knowing how to use their firearms, terrible lingo when they speak, and all that jazz. I'd like to make those points as 'realistic' as possible.

Hey, if you need someone to look over the script, I can try and be that guy. I spent most of my time listening to reviews on subjects like movies and games and how they can make them more interesting. I’m no Oscar winning writter, but I know that I’ll do my best to make it enjoyable.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. There's a draft in the objectives thread, I'm modifying it a little, still. The first part needs something....... more.

Anyway shoot me a dm and we'll touch base

I am going over the script once more and totally re writing post one, because it's nothing. I'm bored just thinking about it.

I'm going to create a new character, the ship's AI and go for a more solemn beginning, almost like the Bourne identity, but not exactly.

Any ideas out there?

I am going over the script once more and totally re writing post one, because it's nothing. I'm bored just thinking about it.

I'm going to create a new character, the ship's AI and go for a more solemn beginning, almost like the Bourne identity, but not exactly.

Any ideas out there?
Not gonna lie that actually sounds pretty sweet love the Bourne Identity series

We'll see, clonecam117. Not quite to that stage of planning yet.

I am almost done rewriting part one and it is way different. I'll post it in here once it's finally done. That way you all can nit pick at it.

The new script for part one is up on the google doc. Please feel free to give it a once over and send me any feedback you have.

I am a lot happier with it this way than the first way. It gets the same work done, but is easier to read, I feel.

Give it a read and tell me what you think!

Ok everybody! I'm sorry things have been quiet lately, life has been busy and I started a new job and [excuses excuses]. I'm going to tag everyone in the regiment that I know is/ has recently been active to draw attention and let you know this is back on.

What we need to figure out first and foremost is: who is doing what? We need video editors, I'd like to have more than one, if possible, sound editors, clonecam117 has offered to help with that, I'd like to have another person to help, and CGI.

Computer generated images is beyond me and I'd like to find someone who's good at it so we don't look like rookies in front of the other regiments/ viewers. We'd need the following computer generated:
Pelican, seen pretty often
UNSC fighter jets, seen occasionally
Banshees, seen occasionally
ODST drop pods
Wraith tank
Space/ sky backgrounds
Explosions and weapon blasts, etc...
And I think that's it but there's probably more.
If any of you can or know someone who can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

We are going to need sound and video recording equipment, sets like the inside of the pelican bay and cockpit, conference room and battle ground, and someone to act as quality control to make sure things look good and are consistent.

Costumes for the characters as well as weapons, lighting, and those little cocktail weenies, too, probably. ;P

Huge project, guys, absolutely monumental. Who's in?

geijin
clonecam117
Shadowshail
Spartan Fenrir
MojadoGringo
Woodpecker
Syntrick
SwedishNinja
Kaveral

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.