Fan Film thread

Discussion in 'Mountain Regiment' started by Sean Anwalt, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Sean Anwalt

Sean Anwalt RCO 405th Regiment Officer

After careful consideration, and a helpful suggestion by Shadowshail, I am moving the fan film to this thread. Updates on the regiment objectives will still continue, but only for official updates. Ask the work, conversion, plans, and thoughts for the fan film go here.

Dirtdives likes this.
  2. Shadowshail

Shadowshail Member

Wootness! Once i get into the summer and working on stuff i should be able to figure out stuff for what i can do for set construction. Also Wyoming has some pretty awesome places to film

3. Sean Anwalt

Sounds good to me. I am cautious a little bit, though. This has been my baby for years, and I'd hate to see it run over.........

Dirtdives likes this.
  4. Shadowshail

Shadowshail Member

I dont want anything run over man. What roles are you planning on filling? I.e. director, Director of Photography, main actor?

5. Sean Anwalt

I myself? Director. It gets the biggest paycheck. :p

Just kidding. I don't imagine this will make any money, really...

I'd also like to pop in as one of the fighter pilots. Very small roll, but fighter pilots are like a thing, you know?

I do think having people spend a little time practicing their "marine skills" would be important. Helps with trigger control and how they present themselves. Know what I mean? I was thinking of having my buddy do a presentation or teach a class or something that will aid in Marine actor unity. Maybe an hour or two, I dunno.

We'll also need man power to act as the Sr. Staff and admiralty.

Dirtdives likes this.
  6. Sean Anwalt

So now this thread is created, I think we're should focus on making the film LOOK great. I'm not an expert on framerates and all that, but I'm hoping for NOT a soap opera, you know? I would also like to make quality shots rather than rush things.

Also there are a lot of things in films that bother me, like not knowing how to use their firearms, terrible lingo when they speak, and all that jazz. I'd like to make those points as 'realistic' as possible.

Dirtdives likes this.
  7. Spartan Fenrir

Spartan Fenrir New Member

Hey if you need Marine help I too am a Marine

Sean Anwalt likes this.
  8. OTSDerpy

OTSDerpy Member

Hey, if you need someone to look over the script, I can try and be that guy. I spent most of my time listening to reviews on subjects like movies and games and how they can make them more interesting. I’m no Oscar winning writter, but I know that I’ll do my best to make it enjoyable.

Sean Anwalt likes this.
  9. Sean Anwalt

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. There's a draft in the objectives thread, I'm modifying it a little, still. The first part needs something....... more.

Anyway shoot me a dm and we'll touch base

Dirtdives likes this.
  10. Sean Anwalt

I am going over the script once more and totally re writing post one, because it's nothing. I'm bored just thinking about it.

I'm going to create a new character, the ship's AI and go for a more solemn beginning, almost like the Bourne identity, but not exactly.

Any ideas out there?

Dirtdives likes this.
  11. Spartan Fenrir

Spartan Fenrir New Member

Not gonna lie that actually sounds pretty sweet love the Bourne Identity series

Sean Anwalt likes this.